PDA

View Full Version : What strain of discus are consider pigeon blood and what is just regular

Mikey
08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
I been reading a lot of the breeding post and many have said not to cross pb with non pb. Ok I understand why but I don't understand which strain is pb I currently have two tiger turks and two red turks are these pb or not. I'm new to discus so any advice will help thanks

TURQ64
08-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Probably not pb's...they are characteristic in having peppering and a lack of vertical bars....turq's are usually not pb, altho' nothing's sacred any longer..JMO..Gary

'regular'..well, that's a whole 'nuther kettle 'o fish', matey...

cjr8420
08-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I been reading a lot of the breeding post and many have said not to cross pb with non pb. Ok I understand why but I don't understand which strain is pb I currently have two tiger turks and two red turks are these pb or not. I'm new to discus so any advice will help thanks
they are the the same strain different variant tiger refers to pattern having 3 or more vertical lines just past the eye/forhead area so non pb.how ever a red tiger is a pb very simmilar to a checkerboard pb but the ones i have seen where the cleanest pb ive ever seen that was in a non painted tank with a big chunk of dark driftwood.asia is breeding some very clean pb's that stay that way not the on and off peppering most are familiar with hth

TURQ64
08-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Hmm..back to the name game..I have red turq's, some with vertical striping, but there's never been a pigeon in their pedigree..Mine are variants of RRB Turquoise..

cjr8420
08-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Hmm..back to the name game..I have red turq's, some with vertical striping, but there's never been a pigeon in their pedigree..Mine are variants of RRB Turquoise..
yep sellers add tiger in front and charge a couple more bucks for it.

Mikey
08-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Tiger turquoise is a real strain instead of having the usual horizontal stripes they have vertical stripes giving them the name tiger turquoise