PDA

View Full Version : Glazed cones available on Aug 7, 2011

Disgirl
08-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Here are updated pics of the glazed cones I have today. They are taken in two kinds of light, one in shade, one in brighter light, both outside. The glazes I use are completely safe for all wet uses, guaranteed. $24 each plus shipping. Please send a PM if interested. I am taking orders now for all the types of cones I make. Caves too. Thanks!
Barb

Disgirl
08-18-2011, 09:39 PM
#2 is sold but i do still have 1 and 3 if anyone is interested. They are really beauties!
Barb

Disgirl
08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
All are now sold, I will post when I have some new glazed cones available, if my pottery studio survives the hurricane.
Barb

wendy9722
08-26-2011, 08:14 AM
glad to hear everything is ok on the home front and you too!!!

Disgirl
08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks Wendy, but the hurricane is heading right to our part of NC, getting here later today and most of tomorrow with expected big trouble for us all. We are sure worried. At least we aren't in a flood zone, but it is the high wind that is so damaging.
Barb

Second Hand Pat
08-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Prayers headed you way that all will come out ok in the end Barb. Hugs Pat

nwehrman
08-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Prayers and stay safe Barb.

Nicole

CrazyAngels
08-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Barb, may the Lord watch over all of you and bring sunshine back quickly.

Disgirl
08-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Thank you Pat, Nicole and Jorge. The rain has begun, and our next 24-36 hrs. will be tough ones for us. We could stand a few prayers sent our way, thanks!
Barb

Second Hand Pat
08-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi Barb, consider it done. The cone came today. I picked up the mail on my way to work and the box was in the mailbox. I had no way of opening the box but will once I get home tonight.

roclement
08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Stay safe Barb!

Rodrigo

Darsenion
08-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Barb,
You and all your loved ones are in my families prayers;)

gills
08-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Hope things go well Barb. I hope you have a generator. I'm in Wake Forest and it is starting to rain.. I cut alot of trees during Fran and Floyd. Dug out half of Wilson it seemed like. Will probably survey damage in your area Sun. or Mon. to start cutting if it hits as hard as they predict. Take cover and be safe.

Disgirl
08-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks for wishes everyone! Raining here now and some wind gusts. OF COURSE the worst will come overnight. That is so scary to hear what is going on outside but not be able to see anything and the imagination always is worse than reality. Gills, we were in Durham when Fran went right over our house and Floyd got us here just after we had moved in. LOTS of yard damage but house was fine in both of them. We do have a generator all ready to go. This is the price we pay to live near the beach.
Barb

DiscusBR
08-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Barb, good luck riding this beast. I hope everything will be fine. I know how you feel. I lived 6 years in New Orleans and I had to evacuate for Katrina. I wish you all the best to you, friends and family.

By the way folks, I got cone number 2. It is a terrific art piece. Thanks Barb!

gills
08-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Barb, Hope all is going well and you and your family are safe. It is scary hearing the limbs and tree hit stuff and you can't see. I drove through Fran from Hillsboro to Raleigh and watched all the brown outs while going down 85. Actually I think we know each other. I was looking at your pics with Hans. You use to be in the Durham Aquarium Society as President at the time when I was there. If this is correct then it is a small world. I will not state how many years ago. Because women stay 29.

Good luck with the storm.

Disgirl
08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Oh my gosh Gills, you are right, that was me for sure! What a coincidence. Were you one of our club members? Send me a pm and tell me who you are. I started that club and was pres for 4 yrs. How about that?
Barb

DiscusBR
08-30-2011, 12:25 AM
Barb, I am relieved to see you are fine. How was the hurricane? Did you loose power? Are your family and friends ok?

Disgirl
08-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi Mauro, thanks for asking, please read my "report" in You talking to me? at bottom of forum. We are OK but power went off again for 8 hrs and we just got it back again. Keeping generator and cords out this time. My head is hurt but I will be fine when it heals, the Dr. just told me so.
Barb