PDA

View Full Version : For any Freshwater ray fans on here new pup born yesterday

ZX10R
08-11-2011, 08:30 PM
My brother's breeding pair of Jaguar rays had another pup yesterday. This is there third litter so far and I believe the nicest one yet. Here is his thread on MFK
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?432409-She-sure-hides-her-pups-good!!!-Female-Jag-Pup

TURQ64
08-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Sweet!

Second Hand Pat
08-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Sean, need some pictures :). You a daddy yourself yet?

Sean Buehrle
08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
That is a beautiful fish, do they only have 1 at a time?

Nice looking pattern on it, kinda reminds me of a Penang eruption.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZX10R
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Sweet!

Thanks

Sean, need some pictures :). You a daddy yourself yet?

Yes I am he was born 8/1/2011 at 2:08 p.m. and it has been one crazy life changing event since. He weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19.5 inches thing didn't go great at the hospital and the wife ended up having to have a c-section. But everyone is doing fine just lots and lots of sleepless nights around here. We lucked out and had one of those babies that has his days and nights mixed up. Thanks for asking Pat I will post some pics whenever I have a free minute which anymore just doesn't happen.

That is a beautiful fish, do they only have 1 at a time?

Nice looking pattern on it, kinda reminds me of a Penang eruption.

---

Hi Sean,

They can have any number of pups per litter. So far his pair had one the first time, two pups the second time, and one this time. I will have to show some pics of all his rays he has now sometime. He owns 9 rays plus this pup makes 10 and he is in the process of building a 16' x 3' pond in his garage now. Right now he has 5 rays in his 200 gallon tank with 6 wild discus, 2 rays in a 110 gallon plastic feeding troth, and another 2 rays in a 110 gallon plastic feeding troth.

Sean Buehrle
08-11-2011, 10:15 PM
That's just wild, that darn fish has me wanting one.

---

hedut
08-11-2011, 10:17 PM
COOL, I'm think to try Rays but still not sure :)

Second Hand Pat
08-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Oops Sean, found the picture of the ray pup and now for some pictures of your newborn. A super congrats to you and your spouse :). The first couple of months are the most hectic but should only get better with time.