PDA

View Full Version : Upstate Discus Organization ( UDO) August 23rd 2011

maxpain
08-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Hello all. A few of my friends and I would like to start up a discus club in the Upstate New York area. We are at the beginning stages right now. We would like to meet with fellow hobbyist in the area. We are based in Rochester NY but it is open to anyone who would like to join. The next meeting is planned for August 23rd at my house. If we have more people than I can accomodate, then the meeting will be held at a local pet shop(LPS). The LPS has generously offered us a space to meet.

We would like to generate more local interest in this hobby. Experienced, new or people who never even had discus but are interested should attend the meeting. On board as of now, we have people of all experience levels. We have a gentleman who's been raising and breeding discus for 20+ years. We also have someone who just got into discus for a couple months. I consider myself new to discus of one year and absolutely love raising and breeding them. This will be the perfect opportunity for beginners to learn about this fish and not be intimidated. They are easier to care for than I thought. If I can raise and breed discus, then I bet you can to.

There are many benefits of being in a club. Meeting people with similar interest. Sharing of knowledge, experiences and ideas. Group discounts on fish/food/equipment orders. Finding good sources to obtain fish/food/equipment. Having supportive local hobbyist as a resource has been crucial to my success in raising discus.

If interested, you can contact me by email. upstatediscus@yahoo.com