PDA

View Full Version : Dick Au Confirmed for 2012 Atlanta Discus Show & Convention

Chad Adams
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Dick Au

author of

Trophy Discus & Back to Nature: Guide to Discus

confirmed speaker for Atlanta 2012 Discus Show & Convention

Dick Au Shown here with world famous -Al Sabetta!
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu54/88Sabres/NADA%20Show%202010/148.jpg

Second Hand Pat
08-13-2011, 01:13 PM
This is shaping up to be a very nice convention :)

Sean Buehrle
08-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Wow

I would love to go to this show.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discus-n00b
08-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Shaping up VERY nice. Please let me have time off please let me have time off pleaseeeeeeee

2075turner
08-13-2011, 07:44 PM
yay!! It will be nice to see him again. He is a very entertaining speaker.

LizStreithorst
08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
What wonderful news! Will it not be the most wonderful 3 days? I yearn for the time between now and then to pass quickly, and that between now and then I make a ton of money so I can buy some fish of my dreams.

Dick Au with the world fameous Al Sabbata. That's funny.

I don't think that Dick Au has been eating Andrew's products. Perhaps he should consider it. From the look of him he could staqnd a little bulking up.

Sean Buehrle
08-13-2011, 08:13 PM
What wonderful news! Will it not be the most wonderful 3 days? I yearn for the time between now and then to pass quickly, and that between now and then I make a ton of money so I can buy some fish of my dreams.

Dick Au with the world fameous Al Sabbata. That's funny.

I don't think that Dick Au has been eating Andrew's products. Perhaps he should consider it. From the look of him he could staqnd a little bulking up.

Yeah Liz I figured since al is all beefed up and I might go to that show, I better retract what I said, he might be in my weight class now.

---

seanyuki
08-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Dick Au & Andrew Soh at the show ....this convention is worth attending.

Chad Adams
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Francis,
Thanks for getting my back man.
Chad

Larry Bugg
08-14-2011, 12:08 AM

Without a doubt, Dick was my favorite speaker at the 2010 Show. He is excited because he has a lot of time to really plan a great talk. Hmmm, Dick Au and Andrew Soh...............................still leaves a couple more speaker openings. We might just have a couple more surprises coming. Stay tuned..............

LizStreithorst
08-14-2011, 12:22 AM

"Worth attending"? This one is to die for. What more could one ask? My heart yearns for it.

2075turner
08-14-2011, 04:31 PM
"Worth attending"? This one is to die for. What more could one ask? My heart yearns for it.

Actually Liz,

I am looking forward to see your fish entered. It will be nice to see some home grown beauties.

LizStreithorst
08-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Actually Liz,

I am looking forward to see your fish entered. It will be nice to see some home grown beauties.

They won't win, but they'll be entered. What I'm looking forward to is purchasing more good breeding stock.

Larry Bugg
08-14-2011, 07:01 PM
They won't win, but they'll be entered. What I'm looking forward to is purchasing more good breeding stock.

I'm gonna follow you around on your first trip through the fish room to decide what I want to purchase, lol.

Sean Buehrle
08-14-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna follow you around on your first trip through the fish room to decide what I want to purchase, lol.

Wow
she's been talkin bout this for awhile, and i heard her say she's gonna be drunk as heck when she goes there. You better bring body guards to peel her off ya if you try that one.
I think she's gonna want the room to herself :)

---

kent1963
08-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Without a doubt, Dick was my favorite speaker at the 2010 Show. He is excited because he has a lot of time to really plan a great talk. Hmmm, Dick Au and Andrew Soh...............................still leaves a couple more speaker openings. We might just have a couple more surprises coming. Stay tuned.............. HMMM Better get that next raffle going... your gonna need funding for these speakers. My atlas says it's only 899 miles wonder if I can do that in 1 day?

LizStreithorst
08-14-2011, 09:58 PM

You can follow me around to your heart's content and I will do my best to help you. But the way I do is mostly silent. I know what I want, see them all, and just keep being drawn to the same fish again and again and again until I know that I have to have it.

BTW, there was a better fish than the BIS fish that I nabbed at last year's NADA show. It was entered in the wrong class. It was a fish from Mike Beals as well. Had it been entered in open rather than fine line it would have taken the big prize. It still took 3rd in it's class. The fish was so good it could not be denied. Ask Mike.

I do so yearn for the show next year. Last year's made me feel so free and happy. I wanna do it again!

korbi_doc
08-15-2011, 09:02 AM
:D I too am lookin' forward to a great show Liz....the first one was a blast & next will be too!! Hope to see some great fish, & maybe take some home this time, lol.................

Dottie

You can follow me around to your heart's content and I will do my best to help you. But the way I do is mostly silent. I know what I want, see them all, and just keep being drawn to the same fish again and again and again until I know that I have to have it.

BTW, there was a better fish than the BIS fish that I nabbed at last year's NADA show. It was entered in the wrong class. It was a fish from Mike Beals as well. Had it been entered in open rather than fine line it would have taken the big prize. It still took 3rd in it's class. The fish was so good it could not be denied. Ask Mike.

I do so yearn for the show next year. Last year's made me feel so free and happy. I wanna do it again!

brewmaster15
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Dick Au

author of

Trophy Discus & Back to Nature: Guide to Discus

confirmed speaker for Atlanta 2012 Discus Show & Convention

Dick Au Shown here with world famous -Al Sabetta!

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu54/88Sabres/NADA%20Show%202010/148.jpg

Well Actually that photo is of the world famous Dick Au, posing with one of his friends and a big fan..some guy named Al Sabetta.:)

-al

Kingdom Come Discus
08-15-2011, 01:24 PM
I am sure glad Dick is coming back. His Trophy Discus book is one of my favorites.

Great Speaker for sure.

daviddave
08-15-2011, 03:07 PM
i will be going to this show i would not miss this one

rsawest@yahoo.com
08-31-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Dick Au again.

I've seen him speak several times, most recently last year in Dallas and have read both of his books.

He is truly a class act, unselfishly dedicated to the hobby and hobbyists. And he is one of the most knowledgable people out there, period.

MostlyDiscus
08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
I have seen Dick Au a couple of times. Great speaker great guy for sure. Looking forward to seeing him again. Ed

2075turner
08-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Yep, same here. Dick is a great speaker and very entertaining & informative. Always look forward to seeing him speak.

I got my tickets, the waiting has started....it's marked on the calender. Dick Au, Andrew Soh...it's a must see event.

seanyuki
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Hey Evelyn.....are flying there or driving.....how to bring discus across the border?.....drive me crazy searching the web for an answer.....any other people coming from Canada?.....wondering if my mentor from Vancouver will show up there too.

Yep, same here. Dick is a great speaker and very entertaining & informative. Always look forward to seeing him speak.

I got my tickets, the waiting has started....it's marked on the calender. Dick Au, Andrew Soh...it's a must see event.