PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep this Red Spotted Green?

Stag
08-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I bought this RSG about a month ago from a local going on deployment.

This RSG seems to have a very big breast area. When it eats its eye / mouth coordination sucks. Its body does not seem to be a good shape. Its body is also not smooth, you can see some dips.

What do you all think?

cjr8420
08-21-2011, 11:21 PM
looks like a albino rsg.unless its sick and causing issues with other fish keep it. good food and proper care it will be fine. albinos are sensitive to light less lighting might help.id take it if i wasnt to cheap to pay for shipping lol gl

Stag
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
The guy I bought it from would take it back or do a swap. If this fish has a decent chance of becoming a good speciman I will keep him. If not I will do a swap for a more quality, less rare fish.

Inland Empire Discus
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
If you have the chance to swap him I would as that fish does not look really healthy to me.

CrazyAngels
08-22-2011, 02:57 PM
It also looks like you may have had an issue with some PH differences, as the fins are taking a beating. Hope he has a better choice for you, but make sure you are compatible in PH.

jimmyjoe
08-22-2011, 03:26 PM
IMO I would pass on this fish, unless you can give the time and effort on bringing it back from whatever or whoever was trying to kill it. Just like what was stated before if the price was for free maybe I'd give it a go to bring it back to a once beautiful ALBINO RSG............Good luck with what ever you choose to do. Jim in Ohio

Stag
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM
It also looks like you may have had an issue with some PH differences, as the fins are taking a beating. Hope he has a better choice for you, but make sure you are compatible in PH.

The fins were tore up a bit apon purchase.

Stag
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks Jim

cjr8420
08-22-2011, 11:35 PM
The guy I bought it from would take it back or do a swap. If this fish has a decent chance of becoming a good speciman I will keep him. If not I will do a swap for a more quality, less rare fish.
it has a very good chance to be good but if u can swap for better then why not then you dont have to worry

Darrell Ward
08-23-2011, 01:15 AM
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it doesn't look healthy to me. If I could trade it for a better one, I would.

fscii
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I kind of like the way that fish looks and if it can be saved I'd do it. Sometimes I've taken heroic efforts to save a fish if needed especially for breeding stock hopefuls.