PDA

View Full Version : how to eliminate bubbles on a ac70? help or tricks?

walt3
09-10-2011, 02:41 PM
i have it sitting down as low on the frame as it goes. i have adjusted the leveler to many positions and still getting some bubbles at the out flow into the tank. i will try to keep the water level as high as possible but is there any thing i could do to modify the out flow to avoid bubbles in my tank? thanks. i am handy so i am up for a project. thanks, walt.

Altum Nut
09-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey Walt,

Just wondering why it is that you want to dicrease flow. You can eliminate a section of the frame lip where glass lids would sit on so that filter sits further down.

...Ralph

Darrell Ward
09-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Bubbles are good. Bursting bubbles increase gas exchange.

Skip
09-10-2011, 08:37 PM
yea.. turn it off :)

walt3
09-10-2011, 08:55 PM
lol! :) sorry, i figured it out. i did not have my tank filled up all the way. duh! now the water exits 1/4 under water surface and all is good. having a tank completely full of micro bubbles suspended in the entire water column looks like s***! :) not in any way amazon like. i have a air stone in a back corner and plenty of current from spray bar, ac70 and power head so i dont need any more. problem solved. thanks for the replies, i guess i thought the tank was filled enough. now off to start a 10 gallon tank cycling. :) walt.