PDA

View Full Version : October 22 - Ottawa, Ontario

2075turner
09-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Hello All of the NEDA,

I have set the date of my fall meeting up here in Canada should you guys want to attend. It will be October 22, starting around 2pm. If this works for you and are interested in attending please let me know. Either pm me or post here. It would be great to have you guys attend :)

The address is

1 Brydon Court
Ottawa, Ontario
K2G 4A6

discusgal@rogers.com

If you need my phone number, please shoot me a pm or email.

Thanks for looking

Moon
09-11-2011, 09:49 AM
I am in. Ralph and Marte are you guys going. Might be able to car pool.

Lukan
09-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Ralph,

I would love to go. Still have to check my schedule.

2075turner
09-12-2011, 07:06 PM
It would be great if you GTA boys can come over.:)

Lukan
09-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Evelyn,

Thank you for the invite. I'm still clearing my schedule. I'm pretty sure Joe and Ralph will chime in soon.

Altum Nut
09-12-2011, 10:03 PM
It would be a pleasure Evelyn.
I may be on a last minute basis. Plans more than two weeks ahead never seem to work out in the end but don't rule me out just yet.

...Ralph

2075turner
09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
LOL....yes plans, I know how those go;) As I said, I would love to have you guys head over:) The more the merrier I say and I enjoy getting people from all areas to get together and chat.

Now just trying to get some of these guys from the states to join us;) hehehehe

2075turner
09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
For those that have asked about hotels. Here are some that I pulled up....mind you I haven't stayed there, but just to give you a price in mind. It is about a 15 mins drive to my place, but if you are looking at taking in some of the sights around Ottawa, worth booking a hotel downtown, the airport area was just as expensive or more... prices are in Canadian $ *plus parking

http://www.radisson.com/ottawa-hotel-on-k1r5a7/onottawa $104/night

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=665 $138/night had good reviews

http://www.suitedreams.com/ $109/night

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/check_avail?id=12423&propBrandId=DI&force_nostay=false&tab=tab1 $104/night

There is also a site called Booking.com that is showing a rate of $89/night including parking for Days Inn that is not too far from me that has good ratings....10 mins

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/days-inn-ottawa-west.en-gb.html?aid=342443;label=city-ottawa-srStRLNxP59cLYNOK%2ALQ2gS15926210270;sid=bbbf6b7d8 f0c0297130d49b9c9254367;checkin=2011-10-22;checkout=2011-10-23;srfid=112de36e7cdcc63a007e48912f064ccdX8

Cheers,

shawnhu
09-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Evelyn, not sure if my wife and I could make it yet, but I'll keep you posted. I know a few of the guys here had some passport issues, hope those are resolved!

Shawn

Moon
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Evelyn
Do you have a program lined up? Al's presentation, auction etc.
How many are coming?

brewmaster15
10-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi all,
I have to apologize here.. I've dropped the ball here in a big way.. I was planning on trying to make it up there for this get together, but I have had so-much going on the last few months I just lost track of it and a bunch of other things...No excuses there,it is what it is........but I'm not going to able to make it up there this weekend.. I've gotten involved in a cub scout event this weekend and its also my daughter's first 4H club meeting...I'm a leader for both groups and family comes before fish.

Nothing would please me better than to meet up with all of you , but I have to put it on the back burner for now. Maybe something can be set up in the spring, and if we do , I'll be more than happy to do a presentation for you all.

Feel pretty bad here that I'll be missing this get together. Hope you all have a great time.

take care,
al

2075turner
10-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Well, firstly Al, that's not a problem. Life gets busy and family does come first. Maybe we can get you up here for my spring meeting....I do 2 a year. So I will start badgering you for then now :argue:;)LOL

For Joe, I have about 20 people confirmed that they are coming, another 20 on the fence, so i will say there should be around 30 here. My last meeting was about 30 so I am hoping for the same number or more. I have some new and some not so new to the hobby coming and that's what I like....a chance to share and learn.:)

I have it planned that people start showing up around 2 pm and a general presentation starting at 3pm. We usually end up all though the house as I have a few tanks here and there. At the moment I just cleared my latest shipment through QT and we will have quite a few fish to look at ;) say about 400 fish of various sizes.

I will provide platters for people to snack on and a diner if people want to hang around a enjoy a meal and some good conversation....discus of course will be there I'm sure, lol, Not sure what yet maybe a BBQ? possibly a lasanzia...depends on the weather. I am open to holding an auction if there is enough people. If you guys are coming from GTA, maybe you can give me a list if you guys are bringing something to auction and I will let people know to expect that there will be items to auction and to prepare some tanks. I will make a posting on the local aquarium forum as well.

I just want to have some fun and enjoy some good conversations....and of course meet some people that have the same passion for these beautiful fish that we are all obsessed with, lol.

Hope some more people from SD can make it;)

Cheers, Evelyn

Moon
10-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks Evelyn. Ron and I are coming for sure. Not sure about Ralph and Marte.
I am driving I have room for two more in my car. Ralph, Marte let me know.

2075turner
10-18-2011, 07:34 PM
k, cool

If you guys have an a good culture of white worms or red wigglers I would be interested in getting some of those;) Were you guys planning on bringing something to auction or sell. I will post it on the local aquarium board if you want...

Cheers, Evelyn

seanyuki
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Evelyn........I can't make it.......any chance live feed by webcam and say hi to the guys lah.

2075turner
10-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi Evelyn........I can't make it.......any chance live feed by webcam and say hi to the guys lah.

LOL Francis,...your not up to that 2 day bus ride???:D

So exactly how high tech do you think I am...remember, I just learned how to post pictures;) Live web cam, hahahahahahah you crack me up.

seanyuki
10-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Ohhh Evelyn....me low tech guy lah......most laptops have webcam installed but myself not sure how to use that function.....I need to ask my daughter when she back from Seattle tonight.....must be fun to see/talk to you guys by live feed.....perhaps others could chime in how the webcam function works........set a time for that day.......hopefully like 6 pm PST as off work at 5.30 pm and be home by that time lah.

cheers
francis

LOL Francis,...your not up to that 2 day bus ride???:D

So exactly how high tech do you think I am...remember, I just learned how to post pictures;) Live web cam, hahahahahahah you crack me up.

April
10-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Heh Evelyn. Sign up for Skype. Or if anyone has an iPhone 4 there's FaceTime. I could watch....

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.235510,-123.185180

ashaysathe
10-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi Evelyn,

Looks like u are up for a great event. You know we love Ottawa area - Market Street - very cool. Tough to do weekend travel when week travel is on. But will make it up there. May be daffodils festival. Nonetheless, enjoy the day. Say Hi to Norm. Talk to you guys soon

--Ashay

2075turner
10-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Man, I had fun....too much fun??? hummm.... I'm sure feeling the after effect today so I believe I will be relaxing;)

So I finally got to meet Joe!!! aka moon here on the forum:) It only took 3 years, lol

Had some good conversations about discus, some good stories, and we gazed at some fishies...the basic summary of the meeting.

Now I shall be off to go do some water changes....

Moon
10-23-2011, 04:08 PM
just got back from Ottawa. Had a great time with Evelyn, Norm and the boys. Good conversation over rye and ginger, red wine and lasangnya. What more can you ask for. Thanks for your hospitality Evelyn and Norm. We should do this more often. Oh I also pick up some very nice Rose Reds.

2075turner
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Great to hear you made it back safe n' sound. I heard from Rob that you made it.

It was great to meet you and Ron. You guys are always more than welcome to come for a visit when ever you want....remember no winding roads back wood roads to my place, LOL. My next meeting is scheduled for spring so we will have lots of time to plan to get together by then. I hope that it pans out for your meeting and if all works out I shall be there.:)

Lukan
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Evelyn,

Looks like a missed a great get together. I will start planning for spring.

shawnhu
11-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Pics?!