PDA

View Full Version : transparent angel fish

zimmjeff
09-11-2011, 01:19 PM
are there such things? I have some baby's that are see through just like a glass catfish. Has anyone seen these before?

ltd
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Pictures please.

zimmjeff
09-11-2011, 07:24 PM
would love to but haven't figured it out yet.

Shawn Ellen
09-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Mnay angel fry appear translucent, they become opaque with age.

vss
09-12-2011, 12:28 AM
most blushing fry look just like that. they'll turn translucent as they grow and part of the body will be covered by shiny scales.

xiaofei :)

BH71
09-12-2011, 01:05 AM
most blushing fry look just like that. they'll turn translucent as they grow and part of the body will be covered by shiny scales.

xiaofei :)
+1 here

fattubwhale
09-12-2011, 01:41 AM
These might be coming next year to stores. Species announced are
Convict cichlids (Amatitlania nigrofasciata) and Angelfish (Pterophyllum scalare).

I stumbled upon this at Practical Fishkeeping

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=2962

zimmjeff
09-12-2011, 12:37 PM
thanks everyone.

Samsmobb
10-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I saw what looked like a grandparents angel at LFS, I'll take a picture if I can:)

ericatdallas
10-31-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm mixed on the fluorescent fish... I'm partially a purist and I have a hard time contaminating the environment with these fish... although I imagine in their natural habitat, predators might make quick work of them (there's probably a good reason we don't find many fluorescing animals).

That being said, I would buy fluorescent Discus. I would have a hard time with anyone trying to release them into the Amazon (as I would with any man-made fish). I think Discus would be less offensive b/c they would also have a hard time surviving in most natural habitats.

I'm also a big proponent of genetic engineering (but I find augmenting ornamental fish kind of frivolous and not really worth the risk. Although the research for the technology may benefit all areas of research...).

<shrug>

Anyway, not interested in Angels or Convicts, but I might buy the fluorescent convicts if they're not too expensive.

Samsmobb
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
So I think a picture on my iPod and it's not too good but it's definitely a quarter size transport like angelfish. I can see it's red belly and spine or w.e lol kinda weird I'll try an attach it but again it's on my iPod :/