PDA

View Full Version : Tank move and upgrade journal

jlcoop277
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Ok so here goes what will be my little thread about moving my 100g and doing upgrades.
The plan:
I'm going to be moving my 100g from my kitchen to my front room. Building a new stand and canopy.
Current set up is a eshopps 1200 hob overflow, and a quiteone 4000 and a rio powerhead as my return pumps. My tank is 60"x18"x21" my sump is around 30g and i use micron filter socks for mechanical and plants for bio. Once i tear down the tank i'm going to drill the tank and run a bean animal style overflow and return. the sump is a 29g and i'm going to upgrade the rio to another quiteone 4000. I'm planning on buying an Aquaterra slimeline background. The plants are all going and just going to have driftwood.
Current set up
Progress on the stand.
And my DW that will replace all the plants
I'll post updates as i make progress. Gotta a 4 month old so my progress has been slower than normal.
Thanks!
All comments/suggestions are welcome

jlcoop277
09-25-2011, 09:31 PM
UPDATE... I was playing with how far from the wall to place the stand and the wife walked by and asked why so far from the wall, i explained the plumbing and what not taking up space, and she didn't like that everytime you walk by you will see all the plumbing soooo.... Heres the mod i made to the stand today. 6914169142
Now each side will be a door so that I can access the space behind the tank without seeing any of the pipe when the doors are closed.

I've almost collected all the small parts I need, i've just got to get my wood soaked and order my background. Then it's time to tear it all apart and make the switch.