PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all who post here!!! New to Discus but really having fun!!

Ed Gray
09-21-2011, 10:18 AM
I just want to thank all that post here. I am new to discus (been going about 5 months now) but have been doing fresh and saltwater for over 30 years. I have read most every post for the last 3 months. Its been lots of help.
Im now trying my hand at getting a pair to breed.

I currently have 5 tangerine Discus and a pigeon blood that are all over 5 inchs in a bare bottom 55 waiting for one pair hopefully soon. It looks like i have one male out of the group.
I have a seperate 29 ready to go when i get a pair.

I also have a 56 column and a 65 set up and started with some smaller discus and some cory's

I have an RO water system and a 40 gal holding tank and a 40 aquairum for holding water.

I will post some pics soon. But again thanks to all who post I really get alot from all of them.

Ed Gray
Richmond Indiana

Scot
09-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Hello
I'm new to discus as well this is a great Place for learning about the hobby and all the info you need post those pics soon I'd like to you're set up

ZX10R
09-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Sounds like you have a nice set-up there. Where did you get your fish from?

Chad Hughes
09-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Welcome aboard Ed!

Looking forward to your breeding success. Keep us posted!

Best wishes!

I just want to thank all that post here. I am new to discus (been going about 5 months now) but have been doing fresh and saltwater for over 30 years. I have read most every post for the last 3 months. Its been lots of help.
Im now trying my hand at getting a pair to breed.

I currently have 5 tangerine Discus and a pigeon blood that are all over 5 inchs in a bare bottom 55 waiting for one pair hopefully soon. It looks like i have one male out of the group.
I have a seperate 29 ready to go when i get a pair.

I also have a 56 column and a 65 set up and started with some smaller discus and some cory's

I have an RO water system and a 40 gal holding tank and a 40 aquairum for holding water.

I will post some pics soon. But again thanks to all who post I really get alot from all of them.

Ed Gray
Richmond Indiana

Ed Gray
09-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi all All my disucs came from shops with in a 3 hour drive or from some guys who posted them on web sites.
I know they dont have the name of some top breeders but they are very nice and I like them and thats all that matters to me
I will put up pics soon but i have to have at least 10 post to be able to do that.
Not sure why?? A new guy cant put any pics or link to pics. So I guess I will just wait.

Skip
09-27-2011, 02:47 PM
welcome!

pcsb23
09-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Welcome onboard Ed :)

I will put up pics soon but i have to have at least 10 post to be able to do that.
Not sure why?? A new guy cant put any pics or link to pics. So I guess I will just wait.It is one of the measures we have in place to limit spam etc ...

walt3
09-27-2011, 05:48 PM
keep posting anything and then shoot the pics up. im 3 months new as well for the discus thing. my last tank was a 90 reef and even with doseing calcium among other things this discus side seems a bit more work. lol. im having fun though.

jimmyjoe
09-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Welcome aboard Ed, hope the ride is smooth and as much fun with Discus as I'm having. Once you decide to just have fun and learn from mistakes that I hope will be nil you'll be posting pic's and giving people just like yourself advice. Enjoy the ride Ed and welcome once again....................Jim in Ohio

Ed Gray
09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks Jim I have been keeping saltwater for lots of years. I am up to 2 discus show tanks and one set up for breeding.
I love fish and cant get enough. BUt my wife reminds me i can have more than enough lol

How many guys are keeping discus in the indiana ohio area around dayton ???

nwehrman
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Welcome

hedut
09-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Welcome to SD

Wes
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
How many guys are keeping discus in the indiana ohio area around dayton ??? put the word dayton in the search. there seems to be some members from around there.

PleiadesSTi
10-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm from Lafayette Indiana. Getting ready to purchase my first Discus. I've been learning a lot on this forum.