PDA

View Full Version : Natural Astaxanthin from brineshrimpdirect.com

Todaydiscus
09-23-2011, 02:34 AM
Did anyone purchase Natural Astaxanthin from brineshrimpdirect.com recently?
I ordered total of 8kg but all arrived in microcapsulated, unlike the powder form natural astaxanthin.
After distributed, few user told me that it more look like Chlorophyll pink, instate of Natrual astaxanthin.
I am confuse now, is there such product of microcapsulated astaxanthin or .....

I re confirm two time with brineshrimpdirect.com and was told that it is a NatruRose but anyone can confirm this for me?

Discusgeo2
09-23-2011, 07:40 AM
NatuRose has not been available for about 2 years so what you may have gotten is some very old stock. I have the Astaxanthin in powder form if you need it.

George

Todaydiscus
09-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Yes but the important is are they different? One is in powder form and the other is micro capsulated. I did not want the supplier sent me a product that not what I am order for. I had told them I do not want Chlorophyll pink.

That why I wanted to ensure I am getting the right product.

Inland Empire Discus
09-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Can you post a picture of what you got? I do know that Naturose is available at times from Brine shrimp direct due to the way they buy it and it is possible they did send you the correct item. I have not ordered it for quite a while though so I have not seen personallly what they are selling currently as naturose. I have also ordered Chlorophyll Pink from them so I would think that I would be able to tell from a photo which is which though not 100% sure.

Todaydiscus
09-23-2011, 10:23 AM
OK thank Bill, I will take a photo tomorrow when I am back home. Now I am away and should be able to take a photo tomrrow before afternoon.

Todaydiscus
09-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi, Bill this is the photo, please do not bother the red color powder on the side,

I had mixed them with some Red Phaffia Yeast powder.

but you can see that few small micro caplsulated stick together become the pic show.

Inland Empire Discus
09-24-2011, 02:08 AM
I actually have both at the moment and what you posted a pic of looks like the Chlorophyll Pink to me. My Naturose is a fine powder. I will say though that there is more natural Astaxanthin in the Chlorophyll Pink (10%) than in the Naturose (1.5%).

Discusgeo2
09-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Here is a photo of my ASTAXANTHIN POWDER

The primary natural source for astaxanthin is the microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis.

This highly concentrated form of natural astaxanthin has been carefully formulated into a fine, free flowing dark red powder and is an essential nutritional requirement for keeping your Red fish that bright red color.

If you need some I sell 4 ounces for $18.00 and that includes shipping and no reason to pay outrageous prices for it.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/13SouthwestDiscus/Foods/ASTAXANTHINPOWDER.jpg

Todaydiscus
09-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Here is a photo of my ASTAXANTHIN POWDER

The primary natural source for astaxanthin is the microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis.

This highly concentrated form of natural astaxanthin has been carefully formulated into a fine, free flowing dark red powder and is an essential nutritional requirement for keeping your Red fish that bright red color.

If you need some I sell 4 ounces for $18.00 and that includes shipping and no reason to pay outrageous prices for it.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/13SouthwestDiscus/Foods/ASTAXANTHINPOWDER.jpg

Yes! George, Bill
That is what I got it from John for this past 6-7 years (In red powder form), when John is out of stock this few month, I ordered from brineshrimpdirect.com and told them I wanted algae form of natrose astaxanthin, after agree the price, they sent me 5Kg of micro capsulated astaxanthin, I suspected that is Chlorophyll pink. They replied : the product is from naturose and confirm to be astaxanthin (Not Chlorophyll pink).
After distributed, my user told me it more look like chlorophyII pink they used before. So I try order another 3Kg from brineshrimpdirect.com again and double confirm with them I do not want any chlorophyII pink, it must be naturose algea astaxanthin. After they agree, again sent me the samething micro capuslated form.

This is why I posted my question here, I wanted to make it clear, what is the powder brineshrimpdriect.com sent to me. I will not longer order from brineshrimpdirect, it is better to deal with a source that I can trusted (Like John). I still kept all the communitcation email between Brineshrimpdirect and mine. But what can I do?

The photo I taken is using micon view, so it show the pix bigger, the powder should be between 0.2mm - 0.4mm size.