PDA

View Full Version : Guy at lfs says filterguys ro/Di trash.

zchauvin
10-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Says they are cheap for a reason, what do you guys think.... Very irritating this guy says he sells best and they sell trash lol.
I think it works well. I went in to buy a algae scraper and asked if they sold Di resin to replace mine as its already gone... With only 30 gallons of water. He started asking some questions and says I bought a low silicate cheap system and that's why my Di is already exhausted. He then tries saying, oh you should never buy online we sell the highest quality 100gpd for 250 and that if I only plan to have wild discus its ok, but he would neverrrr use that on salt water and blah blah. I just would like you guys opinions. So far, I hate lfs. All that I've ever visited that is. Also, and jimg kinda mentioned it he said I should have ran it without Di at first but I didn't know ahead, thankfully Di resin is only 7$

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

roundfishross
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
sound like this guy is full of it!

zchauvin
10-08-2011, 12:07 PM
sound like this guy is full of it!

Tell me about it...

Darrell Ward
10-08-2011, 12:35 PM
LOL! All the RO parts are basically the same, made by a handful of companies. His sales pitch is not too good, huh? F.O.S.

zchauvin
10-08-2011, 12:53 PM
LOL! All the RO parts are basically the same, made by a handful of companies. His sales pitch is not too good, huh? F.O.S.

Yeah, I suppose he thought I'd buy his and return the one I just bought three days ago. What a joke.

Oh, while I remember. What do you guys suggest to keep wilds in for the purpose of getting them to spawn? I mixed 15 gallons of tap with 60 gallons of ro for a tds of 40 and ph 6.4. Does this sound about right? When I get the new ones, now that I've bought a ro system and its a possibility I would like to try and get them to spawn. Of course I know no water condition will make them pair off of course but if they do I want to have optimal conditions for them.

roclement
10-08-2011, 06:10 PM
filterguys are great! I psent a lot of time with them at MACNA and could not recomend a better source for RO/DI.
The guy from the store probably wants to sell you his overpriced KENT marine unit or something.

Rodrigo

zchauvin
10-08-2011, 06:13 PM
filterguys are great! I psent a lot of time with them at MACNA and could not recomend a better source for RO/DI.
The guy from the store probably wants to sell you his overpriced KENT marine unit or something.

Rodrigo

Thanks, I'm not sure which brand they sell but he said he couldn't even buy a "good" membrane for 90$ and that I only bought a 90$ unit for the 130 I payed. On and on about how I should have got the one they have...