PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall corner tank (homemade, something different)

Harry Marsh
10-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I haven't figured out how to embed youtube videos

Hint?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQzpMv7IrrQ

Corner tank with some 'fire dragons'
One or two looking really nice, hoping the others turn around as well

Also a pair of pidgeons next to them...with my first wigglers

I like the 3d backgrounds and this waterfall idea. Sounds nice, looks neat.

I'm planning a 72 gallon bow with some other fish (shopping the different vendors)
Too many choices!

phat nguyen
10-11-2011, 12:34 PM
WOW.....
Really nice. I like it a lot.
Please post more picture.

Best wishes,
Perry Nguyen

grindman620
10-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Thats a really neat idea

MightyEvil
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I have always thought about doing something similar to that but never had a rimless tank. They are too expensive, though I guess that with some ingenuity it is possible to do anyway.

I can see how you did it, I think, you just took two backgrounds and and used them vertically instead of horizontally. Then made some holes in the background and routed the hoses to it and that is it.

Am I right?

Harry Marsh
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Indeed, indeed
Holes in the background was easy...with a bit of silicone

And this is a regular corner aquarium I tore the rim off of
$50 delivered from Craigslist

Probably not recommended
But hell, I've ran aquariums in the past where the rim is broken in numerous spots and was never an issue
So, I didn't think this would be an issue. So far, no issues (except a few leaks from the plumbing in the back...which will make you awful nervous

Another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kAShSa0Zzk

Could someone let me know how to embed those videos in the forum?

MightyEvil
10-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Well, I really do hope that you are right about the rim. I personally have had a bad experience with a leaking glass tank and it had nothing to do with the brace it had (at least I dont think it did) but I only trust acrylic aquariums. I only have an AGA 55 gallon that I recently set up as a growout but it will go once I am done with it.

Anyway great deal you got! Your pigeons look sweet! What is up with the one in the concer though? I neticed it there on both videos... is that the runt of the pack?

To embed the video you gotta go on youtube and and go to the video you want to embed, copy the code from the address bar, then simply click on the little film icon here and paste the code on the little window that pops up and done. As easy as that!