PDA

View Full Version : Kenny's Discus Raffle #5 for NADA 2012 show - Hurry Limited Time 1 week Only!!!

Chad Adams
10-24-2011, 08:48 AM
NADA Discus Raffle #5!

Sponsored by Kenny Cheung of Kenny's Discus

NADA is offering an opportunity to win 5 Hand-Picked Discus by "The Man" Kenny Cheung himself,
3 Forrest Giant Blues & 2 Blue Scorpions

http://www.discusnada.org/raffle_10_2011_kenny.html

Delivered to your front door - for only $5!! (US shipping only)
Kenny has hand picked five high quality 3" discus for this raffle. The raffle will be 3 Forrest Giant Blue discus and 2 Blue Scorpions.

Tickets are $5 each and shipping is included in the price of your raffle ticket!

The raffle is going to be a short one and ends on October 31st. That makes this a GREAT chance to win 5 gorgeous discus!

Kenny says these are "a group of young blues with perfect shape and potential". Check out the pictures on the website to see the group, along with a few of their tankmates.

The winner MUST take be ready for Kenny to ship Nov 1 - Nov 2 so be sure to have a tank ready for them should you win.

1. Ticket sales will not be limited in this raffle, but the raffle will end on October 31st, Halloween! Spookey isn't it!?

2. Drawing to be held on October 31, 2011. Winner will be contacted via email.

3. $5 per ticket.

4. Shipping is to the US only.
These incredible fish could be yours - for only $5!!
© 2004 - 2010 North American Discus Association.

NADA is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization, established in 2004.

You must be 18 years old to enter.

Larry Bugg
10-24-2011, 09:15 AM
This might just be the raffle you have been waiting on. Kenny handpicked these fish because of their shape and quality. Don't let this one slip by. You only have one week to get your ticket.

PLEASE NOTE, KENNY HAS TO SHIP THESE DISCUS NOVEMBER 1ST OR 2ND. MAKE SURE YOU ARE SET UP FOR DELIVERY ON THESE DAYS.

nwehrman
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm in!! Sending now even though in my 35 years I have never won a raffle, but I'm game to try again and again because the cause is good!

seanyuki
10-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Many thanks to Kenny......he's really a generous gentleman in this forum and also helping Nada too......gonna empty my piggy bank to get some raffles for a good cause.

Chad Adams
10-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Many thanks to Kenny......he's really a generous gentleman in this forum and also helping Nada too......gonna empty my piggy bank to get some raffles for a good cause.

Empty the Piggy Bank?? You need to break out the Platinum Card Francis!! Just Kidding, Thanks man.

Chad

ericatdallas
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't think I'll win either, but I already committed myself to buy AT LEAST one ticket per raffle... this time, may be one of those times where I buy more though :)

Kingdom Come Discus
10-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Holy Moly Kenny this raffel will for sure bring in a lot of needed help. Count me in. I have been watching the Forest Giant Blues and the Scorpions come and go with much envy. Count me in for five.

Thanks again Kenny!!!!!

j_li8
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Big blues fan and i can go wrong with fish from Kenny. Count me in.

Larry Bugg
10-25-2011, 10:36 PM
6 DAYS LEFT

BOBT00LS
10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
NICE RAFFLE GUYS ! IM IN !

Bob

Melissa
10-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm in! Dare to dream right? Lol

Larry Bugg
10-26-2011, 11:40 PM
5 DAYS LEFT.............HAVE YOU GOT YOUR TICKETS YET?

Here is a interesting idea. Ever thought about buying tickets in someone elses name?? Second Hand Pat has started a thread to buy some tickets for Discus Mama.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?91625-Lets-get-Melissa-back-into-Discus

Kenny's Discus
10-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Chad, Larry, all participants and NADA,

All the best to the raffle and it was my pleasure reserving these fish for this event. These fish are doing extremely well and given their potential they will grow up to be some nice specimens with proper care. They will be ready to be shipped whenever ready. Thank you all.:)

Thanks,
Kenny

yim11
10-27-2011, 12:30 AM
THANK YOU KENNY! Your generosity knows no bounds.

I think I speak for all of NADA when I say this is very much appreciated!

Best Regards,
-jim

Chad Hughes
10-27-2011, 12:43 AM
+1 :D

You're a great friend Kenny!

Melissa
10-27-2011, 01:01 AM
+2 !

So wonderful you've made this raffle possible Kenny!

jaykne
10-27-2011, 11:22 PM
That is Kenny can not find a better person IMO to get discus from not only do you get quality fish but the customer service is always top notch, the only Sponsor I see giving so much not only to help SD but NADA also, we are so lucky to have him!!!

Please No Disrespect Intended to other Sponsors!!!

Discus-Hans
10-29-2011, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=jaykne;813696......................... the only Sponsor I see giving so much not only to help SD but NADA also, .........................[/QUOTE]

At first Kenny is a great guy and a good friend, but dude............ the only sponsor you see...????????? Do you live under a rock or do you've fish poop in your eyes??????????????

Nice to hear for other sponsors lol lol lol

Hans

yogi
10-30-2011, 09:16 AM
That is Kenny can not find a better person to get discus from not only do you get quality fish but the customer service is always top notch, the only Sponsor I see giving so much not only to help SD but NADA also, we are so lucky to have him!!!

I know some people won't agree with my response to the quoted message, but NADA wants to thank them all equally.

I have to say that a post like this even though it is meant with good intentions can cause problems. Yes NADA wants to thank and promote Kenny, but the same as it does for all donations. I can't see how saying one is better than another by there donation of fish for a raffle helps. It makes it sound like the ones from Discus Hans, Mike Beals Ohio Discus, Wattley Discus twice, Elite Aquaria, Kingdom Come Discus, Liz Streihorst, Cary Strong and Ken Davis. I hope I didn't forget anyone, weren't as helpful. It can also make it harder for us to get donations for the future.

NADA's goal is to put on a successful Discus Convention in Atlanta in June of 2012. Everyone who helps or donates towards this is helping us reach our goal. We want to thank everyone working towards this and don't want to say one is better than another. We all see the raffles that are public, but what we don't see is people or sponsors who make private donations to organizations by using paypal.

There is only one day left to buy tickets for this current raffle, or to buy tickets to help discusmama. So please hurry up and buy your tickets. Thanks and good luck.

nc0gnet0
10-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Well,

I think I am in, the purchasing/checkout mechanism leaves much to be desired...............

Rick

Chad Adams
10-30-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm in for DiscusMama

For those who want to catch up:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?91625-Lets-get-Melissa-back-into-Discus

ericatdallas
10-30-2011, 12:30 PM
I keep forgetting my login/pw info for the NADA message board :( and I'm at work so I can't access my personal e-mail account now to reset...

So I'll go ahead and write this suggestion/request down...

I'm kind of anti-eBay b/c of their commissions and fees, but I kind of wish NADA had a PayPal option as well (since it's free). I'm not sure how the commissions compare, but it gives me the option of not having to pull out my CC and type it in to buy raffle tickets.

Also, PayPal has a subscription option, so we could authorize renewal automatically...

If there's a signficant difference in commission then I understand, but if it's about the same.... Well, just an idea...

I just found this w/ a search.. Non-profits get 2.2% with $0.30 per transaction. Not sure how that compares to Authorize.
https://merchant.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/merchant/paypal_nonprofit_faqs.pdf

Larry Bugg
10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I keep forgetting my login/pw info for the NADA message board :( and I'm at work so I can't access my personal e-mail account now to reset...

So I'll go ahead and write this suggestion/request down...

I'm kind of anti-eBay b/c of their commissions and fees, but I kind of wish NADA had a PayPal option as well (since it's free). I'm not sure how the commissions compare, but it gives me the option of not having to pull out my CC and type it in to buy raffle tickets.

Also, PayPal has a subscription option, so we could authorize renewal automatically...

If there's a signficant difference in commission then I understand, but if it's about the same.... Well, just an idea...

I just found this w/ a search.. Non-profits get 2.2% with $0.30 per transaction. Not sure how that compares to Authorize.
https://merchant.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/merchant/paypal_nonprofit_faqs.pdf

It isn't a matter of cost. We cannot use paypal for our raffles because of our non-profit status. We do have a paypal account and use it for membership and donations.

nc0gnet0
10-30-2011, 12:54 PM
After I inputted all the required information, CC number, deciphered the image etc and hit submit, I got nothing indicating the transaction was succesfull, only redirected to the same page with a new image leading me to beleive the transaction had not gone through.

Rick

Second Hand Pat
10-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Rick, check your email for confirmation.

yim11
10-30-2011, 12:59 PM
You are correct, with so many great sponsors helping not only NADA but Simply as well I think Larrys post was in poor taste.

I know some people won't agree with my response to the quoted message, but NADA wants to thank them all equally.

I have to say that a post like this even though it is meant with good intentions can cause problems. Yes NADA wants to thank and promote Kenny, but the same as it does for all donations. I can't see how saying one is better than another by there donation of fish for a raffle helps. It makes it sound like the ones from Discus Hans, Mike Beals Ohio Discus, Wattley Discus twice, Elite Aquaria, Kingdom Come Discus, Liz Streihorst, Cary Strong and Ken Davis. I hope I didn't forget anyone, weren't as helpful. It can also make it harder for us to get donations for the future.

NADA's goal is to put on a successful Discus Convention in Atlanta in June of 2012. Everyone who helps or donates towards this is helping us reach our goal. We want to thank everyone working towards this and don't want to say one is better than another. We all see the raffles that are public, but what we don't see is people or sponsors who make private donations to organizations by using paypal.

There is only one day left to buy tickets for this current raffle, or to buy tickets to help discusmama. So please hurry up and buy your tickets. Thanks and good luck.

ericatdallas
10-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Larry isn't running for political office or NADA board.. no need to be so calculated. I think he just wanted to offer encouragement for Kenny for sponsoring. I didn't take what he said as disparaging towards other vendors/sponsors.

I think what he said wasn't entirely right. Not only have other sponsors supported NADA via the raffle but they do it by supporting NADA itself (http://www.discusnada.org/nada_sponsors.html).

But empty statements don't mean much. Sometimes supporting a 'cause' is more about shining a spotlight on your contributions.The CONTINUING support of SD and NADA is more representative of their commitment than any other one time gesture.

Also, I do think any SD or NADA sponsors are awesome for supporting the hobby not only in financial aspects but in expertise. I mean, how many times have we seen the sponsors help a a new member out who bought their fish from someone's basement (not just their fish).

But let's not jump over Larry for saying nice things about a great guy. Let's just remind him of all the other great people in the hobby (some in the spotlight and some that aren't).

nc0gnet0
10-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Pat,

No email conformation, but I am showing a charge to my debit card.

Sean Buehrle
10-30-2011, 02:44 PM
I purchased 4 tickets and I have absolutely nowhere to put them.

What to do, what to do :)

Second Hand Pat
10-30-2011, 03:07 PM
I purchased 4 tickets and I have absolutely nowhere to put them.

What to do, what to do :)

I have an idea ;) bet you do too.

LizStreithorst
10-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Donating to the site is difficult, granted. In fact it's a huge PITA. But I managed it, and I'm surely the most computer illiterate amongst us. Please remember, everyone involved with NADA from the Prez down is a volunteer. If you can help make things easier, please step up to the plate.

Most people don't understand how importent the success of NADA is to our hobby here in the States. Trust me. It is of utmost importance. For the show the importers are sent special show fish. (yeah, I know they don't compare to the Asian show fish, but they're the best we'll ever see) These fish kill and are FOR SALE! What better opportunity to buy top quality fish?

Please folks, how ever you decide to do it, give NADA a bit of your hard earned. Heck, spend 5 bucks and give Discus Mama a chance at happiness. 5 bucks ain't nothin'

Liz

yogi
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Just to let you all know NADA does except paypal, but we can't use paypal for the raffles, because it's against paypal's policy. We asked for an exception but it was denied, so we set up the credit card gateway for the raffles. You can use paypal to buy raffle tickets, just use multiples of $5.00 for each ticket and send a separate email stating it's for raffle tickets. We cannot advertise it. To make it easier we'll look into changing our donate button to paypal. You will get a receipt in a day or two when you buy raffle tickets using paypal. thanks

Melissa
10-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Is the drawing a particular time tomorrow?
I just realized it's Sunday... I lost Saturday, I have no idea when it happened lol

TNT77
10-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Is the drawing a particular time tomorrow?
I just realized it's Sunday... I lost Saturday, I have no idea when it happened lol
Are you losing track of time in your excitement?

Melissa
10-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Lol! Yes!

That... And staying busy with two toddlers and all kinds of crazy Halloween fun this weekend.

nc0gnet0
10-30-2011, 11:23 PM
I understand completely the reason for not using paypal. ;)

That being said, it is now over 8 hours since I think I got 6 tickets, and no conformation email? I am showing a $30.00 dollar charge to my debit card, but for all I know this could come back as a non-charge in a few days, which would be after the raffle ;( It seems like the checkout procedure should at the very minimum let you know that the transaction was succesfull? Am I the only one to be having this issue?

Rick

Sean Buehrle
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol! Yes!

That... And staying busy with two toddlers and all kinds of crazy Halloween fun this weekend.

Aren't you supposed to be getting a tank ready in case you get some fish sent to ya?

No time for family, it's crunch time :)

Just kiddin bout the family thing.

Melissa
10-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Lol Sean.... Trying not to get my hopes up. Which is really hard lol

Getting a tank ready would be too exciting. I'll scramble and get some water aging if I do win :P
The tanks are sitting empty, so it wouldn't be too hard to set one up in a crunch.

jimg
10-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Lol Sean.... Trying not to get my hopes up. Which is really hard lol

Getting a tank ready would be too exciting. I'll scramble and get some water aging if I do win :P
The tanks are sitting empty, so it wouldn't be too hard to set one up in a crunch.Better get ready....few more came your way!!

Lenin
10-31-2011, 11:10 AM
OK so how do I buy them and place them in her name? do I just go and purchase them and then PM or email somebody?

Larry Bugg
10-31-2011, 11:31 AM
OK so how do I buy them and place them in her name? do I just go and purchase them and then PM or email somebody?

You got it. Make your purchase and PM me and let me know. I immediately get a receipt for every purchase and will list your name along with Melissa's on my spread sheet.

We've mentioned it before but the question always arises. When Jerry does the Raffle he list all the names on pieces of paper and actually drops them all in a hat and has his wife pull the winning name. When I am doing it, I list all the names on a excel spread sheet. There is a corresponding number to each name. I then use a random number generator to pick the winning number. Chad (Sabres1) set this raffle up with Kenny so as soon as I draw the winner tonight, I will let him know and he will email the winner and Kenny to set up delivery. Remember, Kenny has to ship these fish Tue, Wed or Thur of this week so be ready.

This is your last day, have you bought your ticket? No ticket = no discus.

Lenin
10-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I got the confirmation from Jerry and I email back telling they were for her, but just in case the one's that say Lenin Garcia are hers, so 4 more tickets for her, hopefully she will be the lucky one.

Larry Bugg
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I got the confirmation from Jerry and I email back telling they were for her, but just in case the one's that say Lenin Garcia are hers, so 4 more tickets for her, hopefully she will be the lucky one.

I have a copy of the reciept. Got you covered.

chaoslite
11-01-2011, 12:24 AM
What time is the drawing? Is it too late to get Melissa fish?

Mishka

yim11
11-01-2011, 12:26 AM
What time is the drawing? Is it too late to get Melissa fish?

Mishka

It is too late, the raffle is closed and the winner should be announced shortly.

Thanks!

Chad Adams
11-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Please join me in congratulating:

Rostislav Mulyar of Meridian, ID

He is the winner of the Blue Scorpions & Forrest Giant Blues!

An email has been sent & contact info given, please contact Kenny right away.

Thank You everyone for your support of the community & NADA.

Stay tuned for the next raffle!

Chad

Sean Buehrle
11-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Congrats :)

Hoboken Ed
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Congrats and good luck with with them. :thumbsup:

Next Raffle Please:bounce2:

Melissa
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Congratulations!!!!

Second Hand Pat
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Congrats Rostislav, nice set of fish ;)

Kingdom Come Discus
11-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Congratulations

rostick555
11-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Thank you so much to everyone! Out of my excitement I called Kenny before the time he likes to receive them. Sorry Kenny I was just to happy I have never won anything in my life. My wife said I was as happy as a boy on Christmas morning.

Melissa
11-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Hahaha that's awesome :P

We expect pictures when you get them and they settle!!

jimg
11-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Congratulations! good luck with them

Chad Adams
11-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Thank you so much to everyone! Out of my excitement I called Kenny before the time he likes to receive them. Sorry Kenny I was just to happy I have never won anything in my life. My wife said I was as happy as a boy on Christmas morning.

Ross, It was great talking with you today. He did sound real excited folks!
Good luck with the fish, Maybe you can get them ready for the Atlanta show????
Chad

strawberryblonde
11-02-2011, 03:15 PM

Hi neighbor! It's SO great to see that there's another discus lover in Idaho. And congrats on winning the fish, I really really REALLY wanted to buy a ticket, but I truly don't have the space for them at the moment and have my hands full with breeding pairs. <sigh> Good to see they are coming to Idaho though. =)

rostick555
11-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Sorry for the late reply been preparing the room for the new arrivals yes I will definetely update with pics as soon as I get them settled in. Toni definetely awesome to see a fellow discus lover in the area.