PDA

View Full Version : Stendker Red Pigeons from Discus Hans

Larry Bugg
10-25-2011, 02:24 AM
Here is a pair of Stendker Red Pigeons that I got from Hans.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx56/Bugman30040/Red%20Pigeon%20Blood/IMAG0155.jpg

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx56/Bugman30040/Red%20Pigeon%20Blood/IMAG0163.jpg

The first picture was while the tank light was still on. The second picture and video was after the light was out so it's not as clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkonQ0bTeE

DISCUS PLANETARIUM
10-25-2011, 06:18 AM
wish hans would ship to australia i would take alot of fish of him...very nice and clean well done...

wendy9722
10-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Very nice I wish I could have got them. Was they proven when you got them????

Skip
10-25-2011, 08:18 AM
nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Bugg
10-25-2011, 08:41 AM
wish hans would ship to australia i would take alot of fish of him...very nice and clean well done...

Thanks, they are very clean. One of the first things I noticed about them when Hans first posted the video.

Very nice I wish I could have got them. Was they proven when you got them????

Unfortunately yes they were proven when I got them from Hans. When he first posted the video of the possible pairs this pair jumped out at me. I should have gone on my first instinct and bought them as a unproven pair but I delayed. Next thing I know Hans has posted that they are proven. Now that they are in my tank I am even more enamored by them.

nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Skip. I'm very pleased with them!!

Chad Adams
10-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Show off!

Larry Bugg
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Show off!

LOL, yes I do like to "show off" my discus from time to time. I freely admit it. I also like to post pictures to show the quality I have received from the person I bought them from. I appreciate the ability to aquire discus of this quality and promoting the importors fish helps him continue to bring in the fish I want to get. In this case it is Discus Hans who never fails to please.

I guess you are waiting for the actual parent with fry shots to "show off".

Second Hand Pat
10-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I guess you are waiting for the actual parent with fry shots to "show off".

Well...now that you went there.... :)

Discus-Hans
10-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Nice, see they feel home already lol lol

Show off!

Yeah were are your pictures???????? lol lol

Chad Adams
10-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah were are your pictures???????? lol lol

Now, Don't get me started. Lol.
Let's just say Stendker Discus have always loved my water!

Larry Bugg
10-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Two Stendker discus mixed with water and what do you get............................................... ...fry

Sean Buehrle
10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
They look really nice, I like pigeons.

What stage are the eggs at?

Larry Bugg
10-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Just layed when I posted last night so almost 24 hours now.

gerrard00
10-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Great looking pair!

dpete9
10-29-2011, 07:37 AM
I don't like pigeons because of my fear of peppering, but these have e re-thinking that. They look so clean and beautiful!

jimg
10-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Very nice!

rharran
10-30-2011, 09:29 AM
stunning

Disgirl
10-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Real beauties Larry! I am always so happy to see eggs on my discus cones, really makes my day! How are they today?
Barb

Larry Bugg
10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't like pigeons because of my fear of peppering, but these have e re-thinking that. They look so clean and beautiful!

I don't have any other pigeons for this very reason but when I saw this pair on Han's post they really looked clean. You want find any peppering on these guys. I am very glad I made the decision to take the chance and got these guys.

Very nice!

stunning

Real beauties Larry! I am always so happy to see eggs on my discus cones, really makes my day! How are they today?
Barb

Thanks for the compliments.

Well Barb, like most new parents they started eating the eggs so I put a screen over the "magic" cone. When they went free swimming they ate the remainder of them. Not a big deal. They are stendkers and will spawn again in about a week.

BigPoecilia
10-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Very nice Discus. Clean water is everything. It's just so amazing that someone can continually provide such great fish to so many people. Hans is awesome. I live 2 hours from Hans and had to cancel two trips to his store which I have never been. I can't wait to finally visit Discus Hans.

Lionel

Disgirl
10-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Lionel, you are in for a treat when you visit Hans. Great guy and great fish! TAKE MONEY, you will see so much you want there! The 6 I got from him in August are doing just wonderfully!
Barb

wendy9722
11-01-2011, 06:41 AM
They are stunning and leaves me speachless. I just placed my first order that is a sponser on here with him. I ordered off his newest posting of "possible pairs" and I knew as soon as I seen 16 that was the ones for me. I jumped up and woke my hubby up just to show him being so exicited and sent Hans a email right away. I was struggling with the last posting he had of "possible pairs" and picked the one I wanted and went to make plans of going to see him that weekend and I landed in the hospital instead. So to make a long story short. I'll be fine in time. Within the next 2 weeks I will have them and praying I feel strong enough to make the trip to FINALLY to get to meet him and see what else he has there. I've been wanting to make this trip for at least 2 years and the time has come.

Larry Bugg
11-01-2011, 10:35 AM
You definitely won't be disappointed Wendy.

DLock3d
11-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Good stuff Larry, I may have to come by and take a look at those guys next time I make it to ATL.

Larry Bugg
11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Good stuff Larry, I may have to come by and take a look at those guys next time I make it to ATL.

You are ALWAYS welcome. Heck most people only get into the fish room. You made it into the House proper and met the wife and kids. Everyone enjoyed the visit.

The PB's look even better in person!!

Larry Bugg
12-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Well it took about 5 spawns but I finally got them to attach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9B6yLJLk5A&feature=youtu.be

jimg
12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Well it took about 5 spawns but I finally got them to attach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9B6yLJLk5A&feature=youtu.be good luck .. hope they continue doing good

Larry Bugg
12-18-2011, 10:55 PM
good luck .. hope they continue doing good

Thanks Jim. They only got about 35 attached but that's ok. They have it figured out now.

shoveltrash
12-19-2011, 09:31 AM
congratulations on the spawn - that is quite a NICE pair!

Chad Adams
12-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Man Larry, I really like that pair. Good Job.
Chad

Discus-Hans
12-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Man Larry, I really like that pair. Good Job.
Chad

I like that pair too, what took you so long? lol lol lol nice you got them going!

Hans

Chad Adams
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
I like that pair too, what took you so long? lol lol lol nice you got them going!
Hans

He doesn't do his water changes naked.

Second Hand Pat
12-20-2011, 10:25 AM
He doesn't do his water changes naked.

...that's good thing lol, fish would never spawn.

Larry Bugg
03-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Had to pull mom from the tank but here is dad.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx56/Bugman30040/Red%20Pigeon%20Blood/DSC_0175.jpg

shoveltrash
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
what a great photo :)
why did you pull Mom from the tank? (just curious...was she being aggressive?)

Larry Bugg
03-23-2012, 10:22 AM
what a great photo :)
why did you pull Mom from the tank? (just curious...was she being aggressive?)

I have read where other people have had to pull the mom because she was a bad parent but I have never experienced it before. When this batch went free swimming they all headed for the sponge filter. The female was staying on the opposite side of the tank and not going to the fry. The male would head to the sponge filter, get close and a few fry would swim to him. He would then swim back to the female leaving the fry behind. This was happening repeatedly so I pulled the female from the tank. Within 30 minutes of pulling her the male had all the fry gathered up and attached. It was pretty interesting to watch.

Chicago Discus
03-23-2012, 10:25 AM
I have read where other people have had to pull the mom because she was a bad parent but I have never experienced it before. When this batch went free swimming they all headed for the sponge filter. The female was staying on the opposite side of the tank and not going to the fry. The male would head to the sponge filter, get close and a few fry would swim to him. He would then swim back to the female leaving the fry behind. This was happening repeatedly so I pulled the female from the tank. Within 30 minutes of pulling her the male had all the fry gathered up and attached. It was pretty interesting to watch.

Larry thats good info I had the same problem the time my PB spawned with the sponge filter I'm going to try that ........Josie

Chicago Discus
03-23-2012, 10:26 AM
they are sitting on eggs again so we will see what happens

Larry Bugg
03-23-2012, 10:45 AM
they are sitting on eggs again so we will see what happens

If neither of the parents show any interest in going to the sponge or the fry don't seem interested in leaving the sponge then actually pulling the sponge out may also be the answer. I had a Pigeon SS pair a couple of years ago that I had to do this with.

shoveltrash
03-24-2012, 08:31 AM
that's really interesting
and touching...........way to go Dad! :D

JenTN
03-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Is it me, or are male cichlids better parents? I had a pair of Angels and mom would eat the eggs/wrigglers. Dad would try fruitlessly to keep her away and theyd fight. Last time I was away and she beat the $#&% out of him and he ended up dying after I separated them.