PDA

View Full Version : new member - but I can't post!!! (on a borrowed windows computer)

shoveltrash
10-29-2011, 09:46 AM
hiya! I've spent HOURS and hours reading thru this forum, and have to say, it is FANTASTIC! however........I have a Mac Notebook, with Safari web browser, and I cannot post topics, nor replies, etc. I can type in the "title" box, but it won't let me type in the message area. what's up????? very disappointed!!!! I borrowed my roomate's computer (Windows OS) to post this :(.

(long story about the username btw.....motorcycle related ;) )
I guess I'll be able to READ this thread, just won't be able to post any reply --- any/all help would be MUCH appreciated!

Skip
10-29-2011, 11:18 AM
ummm.. are you LOGGED IN?

nevermind.. you have a username.. :)

ericatdallas
10-29-2011, 09:47 PM
That's weird. I post from my wife's Mac all the time using Safari and Firefox... maybe something is wrong with your settings... are you able to post on other vBulletin forums?

Ryan
10-30-2011, 02:22 PM
What about the Quick Reply box at the bottom of each thread? Can you type in that box for replies?

I haven't heard any complaints from anyone. I upgraded to new software a few days ago but no one has contacted me by email or otherwise to say they were having issues. I use Safari on my iPhone/iPad and can post fine. I also tried on the PC version of Safari and it seems to work.

Which Editor are you using? Try this:

- Click Settings in the top right corner of the forum
- Click General Settings on the menu at the left
- Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and see the Message Editor Interface.
- Change the settings to try all three of them. If it's on Standard by default, try Basic and see if anything changes.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom right after you select the option.

shoveltrash
11-07-2011, 06:04 PM
it worked it worked it worked!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU RYAN! :D
I changed to Basic, and for some reason I am now able to type in the reply box.....off to test the posting of a new topic/thread ;)
Trish

Organic Farmer
11-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Ryan
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Trish,

Glad to hear that it worked. Maybe it's an issue with JavaScript or something. As long as its working I guess that's all that matters. Welcome aboard.

Ryan

shoveltrash
11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
again, thank you (((HUG))), and thx for the welcome :)
very happy to be able to 'participate' now, although I'll probably still be spending most of my time drooling over the gorgeous fish here, and reading til I'm crossed eyed!

ericatdallas
11-07-2011, 09:10 PM
...reading til I'm crossed eyed!

Yeah, that doesn't last long. I'm sure we'll see you posting your own fish here pretty soon :)