PDA

View Full Version : Strange water

luisferreira
11-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Hello

I come here to ask for your help ...

Well, I have two cubes in which each has osmosis water, a couple of discus who that already breading, and a couple of brand new apisto.

The values of the water int these tanks:
ph 5.8-6
Gh = 1.12 ° gH
Kh = 0.056 ° kH
Ammonia = 0
Nitrites = 0
ppm = 50ppm

The couple of discus had a posture that after ten minutes they were sniffing about 10 eggs.

I know that the male can not fertilize, but this is the fifth spawning happens the same ...

I use methylene after fertilization of the male, but no avail.

I have a temperature of 28/29 ° C
TPAs 2 on 2 days of plus or minus 20 liters water (osmosis)
Food: vipan Sera, sera and the ganulado troppical for disks, frozen brine shrimp.

The fish are healthy.

Does anyone have an ideia why this is hapenning?

Thanks to all

Eddie
11-12-2011, 03:24 AM
Sorry but I am not really understanding what the question is here. Your water is pretty much perfect for fertilization. Have these fish produced fry before? How old are the fish?

luisferreira
11-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Hello,

thanks for your time.

This couple has 2 years old, and they produced more and better....

I know that the parameters of this water is good, but I donīt understand why the eggs became white in 10 minutes

Thank you

s

Eddie
11-13-2011, 02:58 AM
Ah okay, so maybe they are throwing bad eggs???? I'd first try to get them on a better diet, something higher in protein. Can you try another food instead of the brine shrimp? Maybe some type of worms (NOT TUBIFEX) or an already made mix.

luisferreira
11-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi,

I can try to feed them with white bloodworms is all I have for now.

Is that a good ideia?

Tks

Eddie
11-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Hi,

I can try to feed them with white bloodworms is all I have for now.

Is that a good ideia?

Tks

Yes, include white worms instead of the brine shrimp and see how that fairs in their next few spawns.

jimg
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I would try the pro more with garlic http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?79659-Super-Beef-Heart-Flake-Food-info
I have not done this myself but if it's anything like the pro more growth I would definitely try it.
It is also possible they have internal parasites. If the food don't work I would think of a metro/deworm treatment