PDA

View Full Version : A very sad report on the raffle Discus from Kraig

korbi_doc
11-15-2011, 08:15 PM
:cry::cry: Ok, have to write about this sad situation.. had a terrible disaster this past week....the heater in one of my discus tanks failed & I didn't find it in time to save them...these were the raffle fish from Kraig...I'd been planning to take pics to show everyone how well they'd done & went out to the fishroom to do a W/C & they were all dead....they had been fine in the morning, tho the temp may have crawled up some....:cry:

They had been doing so well, grown a half again in size, colored nicely & pairing up & I was ready to take pics to show everyone & I am just heartsick over this.....the only good side if there is one, the altums are in another tank next to them & they are fine, also doubled in size & so so frisky...never saw fish eat so well & so fast!! Now I know what others mean when they say they'll out eat discus, no doubt there!

This has been devastating, I am just so heartsick & so sorry...

Dottie

(Moderators, feel free to move this if you wish)

Larry Bugg
11-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Wow Dottie, I am so sorry to hear about this. I know you are heartbroken.

Larry

scubajustin
11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Dottie I'm sorry to hear about your discus - Justin

Kingdom Come Discus
11-15-2011, 08:37 PM
My gosh that is horrible. So sorry Dottie. Glad the Altums are doing well though.

Disgirl
11-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Very sorry Dottie. What a disaster for you to go through.
Barb

jimg
11-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear that. that is the worst feeling when all is going fine and things like this happen.

stephcps
11-15-2011, 09:16 PM
So sorry for your loss!! I have had the opposite issue...heaters stopped working and didn't realize it right away.

Sean Buehrle
11-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Freekin heaters suck.

Sorry

yim11
11-15-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Dottie - maybe try to think of it not as a loss but an opportunity for new fish.

Skip
11-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Dottie - maybe try to think of it not as a loss but an opportunity for new fish.

+1

John_Nicholson
11-16-2011, 10:13 AM
Sorry to hear about it sweetheart, but don't beat yourself up over it. Stuff like this happens.

-john

LizStreithorst
11-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry, Dottie. I rememeber how excited you were to have won them and how very much you liked them.

Lenin
11-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, it happens, sometimes out of your control, this morning I woke up to find 3 of my fish dead and one is dying, don't know if he'll make it, I did a water change yesterday and I made two changes don't know which is the problem, first time using "safe" and I might of overdose, I also had a powerhead which I used to put O2 into the water and for some reason I tought I didn't need it any more, so I did a water change and I'm seeing that the rest of my fish are fine, it's been a while since I had a lost like this, but it hasn't been my first time so I just didn't let it get to me.

Never give up, never surrender,..... we're did I get this?.....

Chad Adams
11-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Ohh Dottie. I was so sorry to learn of this. I'm sad for you.:(
Chad

shoveltrash
11-16-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

korbi_doc
11-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you all...you've made me feel so much better, time to move on...lookin' forward to the holidays & I'm goin' to plan on new fish esp at the NADA show next yr....

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! & stay safe!

ShinShin
11-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Dottie,

Sorry to hear that you lost your prize.

Mat

korbi_doc
11-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks Mat....

Tad
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi Dottie,
Sorry to hear about the loss...darn heaters have gotten all of us at least once...do post pics of the Altums, hopefully someday I will have some wild angels again..

best wishes,

Tad

DLock3d
11-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Sorry to hear the news Dottie. Skip (Warlock) posted about Doctor Fosters having jager heaters for sale at half price. I picked up a few as I've heard nothing but great things about them.

korbi_doc
11-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi Dottie,
Sorry to hear about the loss...darn heaters have gotten all of us at least once...do post pics of the Altums, hopefully someday I will have some wild angels again..

best wishes,

Tad

Thanks Tad,...this was more so cuz they were raffle fish, but I'm movin' on & will get some discus one day to start again....the Altums are so far doin' great & I will try for pics soon... will you be able to get to the NADA show in 2012? prob too far cross country, would love to see you again...stay well my friend, my best to Judy...

Sorry to hear the news Dottie. Skip (Warlock) posted about Doctor Fosters having jager heaters for sale at half price. I picked up a few as I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Thanks DL, it was a tough loss, but I'm looking ahead & I managed to get in on the sale thanks to Skip, needed more heaters & have had good luck with these, so hopefully....fingers crossed!

Dottie