PDA

View Full Version : PH of RO tap water blend

mirador
11-30-2011, 11:04 AM
HI
In a post earlier than this one Sean asks about the mixing of RO and tap ( or well) water and indicated that his PH is higher than he wants.He asks for advise and got none..I think. I saw that post title and looked it up because i have had problems with RO /ta blends also. My ph ,even with a low % of tap water was always about 8. So I started "making water" with RO and ice melter, epsom salts and baking soda. It works pretty well but if you add baking soda to the always recommended KH of 4, the ph is up to 7.8. So you need a lower KH. THis is exactly the same as adding tap water only more controllable. Anybody got a good idea on this.( GH say 4 ,KH (whatever is safe) and with ph a simple 7 without CO2. THis could be a simple formula likely involving a KH of 2 and a few drops of phosphoric acid.

Thanks

TURQ64
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I've posted this a lot, but here it is again..I'm in liquid granite and calciferous rock land, so RO is my current life...Tap is 8.5, 450ppm...RO/di is still high, around 30 TDS..ph 6.1...RO reject is a firm 880TDS, so I mix one gallon reject per 100g, and each gallon raises my TDS @23..I put my wild cross growouts on 240TDS, and it's a simple deal each wc, no other additives....If I age/dechloramine my tap, the math doubles in added gallons....Gary