PDA

View Full Version : Foster and Smith - Azoo 2500 Powerhead/Pump ... and 1200???

ericatdallas
12-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Okay, this is a bit pre-mature, but I received two Azoo 2500 powerhead/pumps and an Azoo 1200 powerhead/pump from Foster and Smith today. They had it discounted at 30% off and the price was pretty good to start.

Anyway, the Azoo 2500 came in with missing parts. In had no intake/inflow. Maybe they'll work for water in aging barrel, but that's not what I got it for. I wanted it for WC from tank.

I thought the Azoo 1200 was okay, it did come with all the parts. While playing with it, I noticed it had a broken gasket! I guess this is pretty easy to fix/replace, but wow.

I haven't tried the 2500s yet. I'm hoping F&S will either send me the missing parts OR let me exchange them for ones with good parts.

I'm hesitant to try the 1200. I needed it originally, but someone gave me a MJ1200 today with the purchase of a 40L.

Out of three pumps, they all showed signs of being 'junk'. Also, it has the same outlet as the MJ1200 without the shield to direct the flow.

I'm going to see how F&S customer service handles this. Then I'll let you know how it goes with the pumps. If you're thinking of buying one though, I would wait...

ericatdallas
12-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Scratch that... spend a little more and get MJ1200. I have three of them and I have no complaints.

ericatdallas
12-11-2011, 03:54 PM
OKay, tried the Azoo 1200 the other day. Couldn't put but a trickle with 3ft up. Used MJ1200 and it's a solid flow.

Last night, Foster and Smith sent me the missing parts. I haven't checked to make sure right size, but looks right. I'll try the Azoo 2500 this weekend.

F&S didn't even respond to the e-mail. Just sent the parts. I guess that's all I need, but I was starting to think they just ignored me.

I don't expect any special treatment. I've spent a lot of money with them, but it's pocket change compared to other hobbyists and to a larger company, but I still would at least expect an e-mail saying, "Sorry for the issues. We will send replacement parts ASAP." or something to that effect.

Anyway, no big deal. I'll try the 2500. If they don't work, supposedly their return policy is pretty good.

ericatdallas
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I'll go ahead and reaffirm, the $5 I saved by buying the Azoo 1200 instead of the MJ1200 wasn't worth it.

I wish Maxijet would make a pump similar to the Azoo 2500 (at least same specs). I would happily buy a few of those as well.

If I had to do it again, as of right now, I would rather have a maxijet any model than the maxijet 1200 and a maxijet 900/1200 instead of the Azoo 2500. Hopefully it surprises me, but if the 1200 is any indication, I'm out of luck.