PDA

View Full Version : L134 Question

YSS
12-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Are L134s loners or they prefer being in a group? I have three and thinking about moving one or two, but won't if they prefer to be in a group (not that three is a group).

John_Nicholson
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't know the answer but I know there is a guy on the DFW fishbox that is trying to sale a group. I am not really a pleco guy so I do not know if his asking price is good or not.

-john

Altum Nut
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM
IMO....I really think your group of three should stay together. You might get a pair to form one day.
I did see the group that John has mentioned on the site. Quality wise, they seem somewhat washed out. Good quality ones should show more yellow/black than white/black.
The price seems to be at par for a 2.5" L134 of that quality.

...Ralph

chrisb01
12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
I have only one L333 Yellow King Tiger, though I have other plecos in there with him, no other L333. He gets along pretty good. But I agree with Altum Nut, you might get a pair out of those three.

I have not seen the ones mentioned above, but the price for them is at around $40.00 to $60.00 each, depending on size, quality and seller.

YSS
12-29-2011, 08:39 PM
IMO....I really think your group of three should stay together. You might get a pair to form one day.
I did see the group that John has mentioned on the site. Quality wise, they seem somewhat washed out. Good quality ones should show more yellow/black than white/black.
The price seems to be at par for a 2.5" L134 of that quality.

...Ralph

Appreciate the input. The only reason why I am thinking of moving my L134s is because one of the guys in my local club really want a couple. I don't really care to breed them, so getting a pair is not really a concern. So, if they are fine being alone, I was thinking about parting with one or two. But may be I will keep them. :-)

nikond70s
12-29-2011, 10:17 PM
if you dont care about breeding. they are fine being alone. as they dont school. the quality depends on the color and more importantly the stripes how evenly they are.

chiligum
12-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Sell the 2 you don't mind parting with, keep the nicest 1 and make a few quid!

YSS
12-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the input. This guy has a lot of stuff to trade with so I may end up going that route. :-)