PDA

View Full Version : An idea for Barb: Pots for plants

DiscusBR
01-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi Barb,

I hope you are fully recovered from your surgery. I came up with an idea for you. Besides your wonderful cones and caves, why don't you make pots for plants? I have seen some great setups here in the forum with plants in clay pots, especially bare botton tanks. However, I don't like the look of traditional clay pots. You could make some great glazed clay pots in different shapes. Just a suggestion for you to consider.

Take care.

Disgirl
01-01-2012, 11:51 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?79998-Barb-s-new-swirled-plant-dishes-for-BB-and-sand-bottom-tanks

Hello Mauro, excellent idea! In fact, here is the link to my post about my clay plant dishes I do make. I have a whole tank of these dishes with different plants growing in them, my angelfish tank. I can make them all sizes and shapes, with different depths. They work great! Thanks for asking.

Wish I could say I am all recovered from shoulder surgery but the healing continues, even after 5 weeks. Still have a ways to go but am slowly getting better. Hope to get back to clay work in another couple weeks. Rotator cuff surgery is a long recovery with much pain. Hope you are well, and having a good summer down in Rio!
Barb

retiredsailor
01-02-2012, 10:14 AM
barb,
i wish you so much luck and good will in your recovery. i had rotator cuff surgery, complicated by a torn bicep in april of 2010. sadly, pain from it is simply a fact of my life now. i spoke with nurses afterwards who congratulated me on my bravery since it is one of the hardest surgeries to heal from. just make sure you keep up with your physical therapy, both at the clinic and at home. there are things you can do while watching tv, like arm circles and small things like that. best of luck.

ian

Disgirl
01-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the info Ian. My bicep muscle was part of the repair too. I had a bad fall onto concrete that did all this. I am doing my exercises for sure even though they hurt. Good luck with yours too!
Barb

DiscusBR
01-02-2012, 11:19 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?79998-Barb-s-new-swirled-plant-dishes-for-BB-and-sand-bottom-tanks

Hello Mauro, excellent idea! In fact, here is the link to my post about my clay plant dishes I do make. I have a whole tank of these dishes with different plants growing in them, my angelfish tank. I can make them all sizes and shapes, with different depths. They work great! Thanks for asking.

Wish I could say I am all recovered from shoulder surgery but the healing continues, even after 5 weeks. Still have a ways to go but am slowly getting better. Hope to get back to clay work in another couple weeks. Rotator cuff surgery is a long recovery with much pain. Hope you are well, and having a good summer down in Rio!
Barb

Hi Barb,

I see you are always ahead of the curve. Nice plates you got there. After your recovery, can you make your artpieces in the shape of pots, rather than plates? May be something like this ikebana pot:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee482/DiscusBR/Nov2011/ikebana.jpg

Summer here in Rio has been miserable. It has been raining non-stop for weeks. It even rained during New Year :(

Disgirl
01-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes, I can make all sorts of shapes with clay. But so far just the bowls in all sizes and depths. Most are about 3" deep and 6-12" wide. Can do with or without holes in bottom. Hope your rain stops soon Mauro!
Barb