PDA

View Full Version : Co2 and it's effects on ph and kh

Jason.59
01-14-2012, 12:56 AM
I just installed my co2 regulator today and was wondering how long it would take to decrease the ph and kh perameters?
Also would a regular api test kit show accurate results?
I have had the co2 on for a few hours now and the ph and gh test results wore the same as before.

Thank you
Jason

lipadj46
01-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Depends on your water, mine is soft and co2 can reduce my ph to under 6 in a day

jimg
01-14-2012, 10:36 AM
it mostly depends on how it's diffused into the water. do you have a co2/ph controller?

Jason.59
01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Depends on your water, mine is soft and co2 can reduce my ph to under 6 in a day
My water is very hard it takes 12 drop for both KH and GH to change colors!

it mostly depends on how it's diffused into the water. do you have a co2/ph controller?
No i do not have a ph controller, the co2 is diffused by a regular co2 diffuser which is placed under the filter outflow then is dispersed around the tank.

MY question is will a chemical api test kit show accurate result since water sample is removed from the aquarium then tested or by the time the ph or gh is tested ph will return back to its regular perimeters?

Thank you for your help and excuise me for the rookie questions i am new to co2 so your help is very much appreciated
Jason