PDA

View Full Version : I am back and ready to work!

Disgirl
01-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Well, it's been a long time but I think I can finally get back to cone making. My arm is healing up well, lots of painful PT is helping of course. I have several orders to make and mail out. But I can take more orders and do them all at the same time. Anybody need cones? Just send me a PM or even post right here and I will soon reply. I have a new laptop, my first entry into high tech computers, and I sure like it. "New" arm and new computer, I am ready to go!
Barb:)

Altum Nut
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Wonderful to see you active again Barb.
I can't imagine the pain you encountered along your healing process.
Take it easy Girl and don't push yourself to much.

...Ralph

Second Hand Pat
01-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Glad to see you are ready to rock and roll again Barb with a new arm and computer :) Agree with Ralph to start gently.
Pat

Jennie
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
great barb!!!!!!! glad u r back

Cosgrovb
01-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I need four cones!

DiscusBR
01-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Welcome back, Barb. Nice to see that recovery is going well.

Disgirl
01-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks for your kind comments Ralph, Pat, Jennie and Mauro. I can hardly wait to get my hands covered in clay again soon! Cosgrovb, sending you a PM, thanks for your order.
Barb

Northwoods Discus
01-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey Barb, glad your recovery is going well. I was thinking about you last night. My big blue cobalt knocked over the cone getting frisky. Luckily it didn't damage the bottom of the tank. What do you think about weighting the cone more at the bottom? I was thinking of placing some styrofoam in the top for an air pocket and then sealing the bottom. Possibly with cement and sealing with epoxy. I am always worried in a BB tank that I will knock it over and crack the bottom of the tank. Well the fish did it instead. Just some thoughts.
Bill

Disgirl
01-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi Bill, this is the first I have heard of a discus knocking over one of my cones. He must be a big dude? I see no reason at all why you couldn't weight the botton. To make it more simple, how about you just find a suitable and safe rock to fit inside the bottom of the cone and silicone it in place. Fast and easy and won't affect the water or fish.
Barb

Northwoods Discus
01-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Barb that's too easy LOL.

PAR23
01-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Good to have you back Barb. Take good care..

DiscusBR
01-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey Barb, glad your recovery is going well. I was thinking about you last night. My big blue cobalt knocked over the cone getting frisky. Luckily it didn't damage the bottom of the tank. What do you think about weighting the cone more at the bottom? I was thinking of placing some styrofoam in the top for an air pocket and then sealing the bottom. Possibly with cement and sealing with epoxy. I am always worried in a BB tank that I will knock it over and crack the bottom of the tank. Well the fish did it instead. Just some thoughts.
Bill

Hi Bill, this is the first I have heard of a discus knocking over one of my cones. He must be a big dude? I see no reason at all why you couldn't weight the botton. To make it more simple, how about you just find a suitable and safe rock to fit inside the bottom of the cone and silicone it in place. Fast and easy and won't affect the water or fish.
Barb

It happened to me too. After I took the sand from my 80g and went BB, the unglazed cone (which is lighter) fell in the heater. I was relieved to see that the heater was fine, but the sand definetely helps "anchoring" the cone. Barb's solution is perfect, even though too easy :D

nwehrman
01-20-2012, 11:36 AM
My big blue PB knocked theirs over too... not all the time but it occasionally takes a tumble. But he's a big boy. Worried my Turq will too but so far he's boycotting any cones! He's bigger than my blue PB.

But not a huge problem so never mentioned it! Barb's fix would be easy-- but I would have to take it out and he likes it!

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brokenrack
01-20-2012, 03:06 PM
My females knock em over all the time. Maybe you could make some with a bigger base ring.

Disgirl
01-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes, I will start making the base heavier. Just more weight in mailing them though. None of my discus spawn, think I have all females, so I haven't gotten to see this cone useage even though I have one in my tank. Thanks for letting me know.
Barb