PDA

View Full Version : brand of ro unit

Bud
01-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Has anyone here dealt with,''pure water club''ro units?found a 100 gpd unit with uv sterilization for a couple hundy,think I might shoot for it under some good advice.Any responses would be great!!!

ericatdallas
01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Bud, Scott293 uses one.

I'm going to order mine from them, I'm a little hesitant due to the mixed reviews I've read. I read that it's hit-or-miss, and IF it's a miss, it can be frustrating to get customer service. But there are a lot of good reviews as well. You can read a lot of the reviews on the reef forums and they have an eBay account. Take one of their filters, and do a search by model number, and you should be able to find them. I think it's just purewaterclub, but I can't remember. They have a pretty good rating, but they don't give cheap upgrades or accessories on eBay (just their website) but it might give you the peace of mind to be able to leave them feedback and dispute charges.

Also some of the comments are on 'flimsy' and cheap parts, leaky units, and poor responsiveness (they're in Taiwan I think). Another place that sells on eBay is 50% more but is a US company (I'm also thinking about them). I'm not sure if the difference is as high on the higher-end models with more features, but for the cheapo units I'm looking at, it's about $40-50 more per unit.

TURQ64
01-22-2012, 03:50 PM
I have purchased three from different sources, and three from the same ebay seller..I've been completely satisfied with this 'cheaper' brand..

http://stores.ebay.com/premierwatersystems

joanstone
01-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Bulk Reef Supply and Air, Water and Ice are both companies that sell RO units and are well respected and helpful. I have purchased from both companies and found them to be helpful when I've had questions.

shoveltrash
01-22-2012, 06:23 PM
I have no experience in different RO company brands (just bought my first).
but I wanted to post on your thread Bud :jester:
update with whatever you get, and how you like it!
altho long term satisfaction is probably the important data - someone here should compile a comprehensive list of long-term RO satisfaction data!

farebox
01-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I am no expert on this subject,but I can honestly tell I got the 5 stage ro/di plus from BRS. Based on info and it comes with all the connection equipment needed based my decision to get this unit. Had almost one year and no problem with system....

Bud
01-22-2012, 08:44 PM
where were you guys when I posted this! :)Ive already ordered from pure water club,got the six stage with uv,and upgraded flush valves,float valve,buncha tubing,3 gal tank to a 6 gal.I just think Ill up grade to better filters when I needto order em.havent bought pump yet though

sayitfast
01-22-2012, 09:38 PM
http://www.spectrapure.com/ works great for me.

Bud
01-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Man, those are nice filters,thanx for the site!