PDA

View Full Version : Please make this a new forum rule!

Samsmobb
02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
In lue of all the scams I've seen especially naturesquatics being a fake not only here put on other forums! Aquariacentral etc, I've seen on other forum when posting for sale, a tag or piece of paper be attached to what ever is being sold, if fish a paper by tank and or fish stating the user name of the person and current date to verify the user actually has items on sale! I frequently check for sales and I've seen 2-3 names pop up with little to no posts and already selling!
Then a few days the buyer is furious he didn't receive anything.
I believe my other forums already have this rule inact and it could save atleast one person from being tricked and never buying from us again!

Sean Buehrle
02-04-2012, 12:25 AM
I don't think it can be policed.

You have to use your own judgement and use some sort of service like PayPal to protect yourself.

People need to use their heads and do a little investigation who they are sending money too.

If its a nobody that came outa know where, that should be a red flag.

You should always ask who has done business with a potential seller, don't be someone's first customer for large amounts of money.

And that's why there are sponsers here, they have been here for eons so use them.

There are members that have been here forever, use them.

New guy with 20 posts, I don't think so. :)

JenTN
02-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Sad thing is some are scammers, some are hoarder. A lady on a dog forum I used to visit had beutiful dogs, competed, her dogs were even used in a commercial. Had dogs from an extremely reputable breeder. Then she wouldnt talk to people started getting more dogs..long story short at least 2 dead dogs, one beauty nearly starved & tons of birds dead or dying. Just dont know on the net! I drove a leg on a dog transport, rescue supposedly did there part checking temperment..ended breaking up a fight between a doberman and a spaniel. Thank god the doberman was a scardey pants or there would have been blood. Ive learned many people are not honest :-(

Samsmobb
02-04-2012, 12:59 AM
I just think it's such a simple rule and greatly prevents slot of scams..

rdiscus
02-04-2012, 01:11 AM
I think when new member post for sale the first time ... It's ok for us to ask many question: if anyone(ofcourse the very old member) in forum know him/her, asking if he/she has picture/video to prove that his/her fish ... so please don't delete such kind of post ... like many post were deleted last nite ... other member need to know about the ones were deleted too ...

johnnathan
02-04-2012, 03:13 AM
If you see spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Please report to team and admin.

Very simple rule.:p