PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get this worked out.

zchauvin
02-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok guys, as you know before I took off from discus for a while my water was driving me nuts. I've finally got myself an apartment and want to get wilds again and want to get them to breed. Soo my first question is this, which scenario would be best?
1. Keep them in tap water in their show tank and then switch to a breeder and use ro/di once they are paired.

2. Ro/Di no matter what.

I haven't tested the water here yet but my water at home not but 4 miles from here had tds 480 and ph of around 8. I had an ro/Di unit and it was a PITA to get the water right.. everytime I would use unit it would be a tds of <10 and ph around 6.5 then after aging it would shoot up to tds of 60-70 and ph of 7+. The kh was extremely high from the start and it was just one problem after another.

Next thing, for anyone who has an apartment and not there own home, what do you do about ro storage and unit?!?! Obviously I want it to take as little time and effort as possible but also to be hidden if guest come over. I know ill need a 55g brute and all but just looking for some suggestions and to see what other people in my situation do. Thanks guys.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jimg
02-18-2012, 04:10 PM
what are your water parameters?

zchauvin
02-18-2012, 04:13 PM
what are your water parameters?

Sorry Jim had been editing post. There ya go

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk