PDA

View Full Version : vote needed

discusdummy
03-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Im debating on not keeping discus anymore im scared I don't know enough yet and don't want to torture them luckily I had help to bring them back to health I had a illness then salt miss hap so should I go away from discus to calvus or stay

warblad79
03-01-2012, 02:14 AM
I lost more than 10 Discus in the past but never been scared keeping them for me its a challenge.

SeaDragon
03-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Im still in HS and I still manage in keeping discus. Sure it's a pain somedays, crazed people at school and nuts fish back home.
For me I started keeping discus when I was 15, sure looking back I was pretty bad at it then. Now after continually learning more about discus having them can just keep getting better and better. Its all just a learning curve, if you don't give up there's always room for improvement. Keeping discus is just amazing part of life.
Plus keeping discus you get to see amazing things. Like seeing tiny fry grow so much every day, it's things like this that really makes it worth getting up every 3 hours to feed them. Or having one get sick can teach an invaluable amount of information of what to do and how to better manage the animals in your care.
I'd say if you really enjoy it and are willing to really work at it don't give up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second Hand Pat
03-03-2012, 02:00 AM
You already have the discus so stick with it. We are here to help. :)
Pat

TNT77
03-03-2012, 02:23 AM
I have found that alot of things concerning animals is trial and error. You can have all the knowledge in the world but learning to properly apply it takes time. Thats why starting out correctly with proper stock and equipment is so important. It makes the learning period so much easier and enjoyable. But like any animal there will be hiccups no matter how well you prepare for them. All I can say is if you enjoy it be prepared to learn.

CajunAg
03-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Use the fish you have as a learning experience, as you get better and learn more, you'll also gain confidence. There is a lot of good people and advice on this forum, use it. Keep it simple, keep it clean, keep changing water, and keep them fed :thumbsup:

discusdummy
03-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Ive already left discus keeping im gonna read threw the forum and learn enough to feel like im not mistreating my fish thx for being positive I hope the best for all of you and your fish

Orange Crush
03-04-2012, 04:14 AM
"Book" knowledge is great but it will never give you enough knowledge to be a successful discus keeper; only the experience of taking care of them can do that.
I know it feels bad when your "caretaking" is not as good as it could be but you have to go through the learning curve with them. I really wish you would try again since you are really interested in having them. Don't worry so much about them all you can do is your best. The "lifestyle" your discus were having in your care is NOTHING compared to the suffering the animals that become food go through. If you can be ok with that if you eat meat then "get over it already" with the fish. I'm saying this out of love btw because I hate to see you give up!

hedut
03-04-2012, 09:16 AM
I lost more than 50 discus since I start but I still love DISCUS :)

lmdiscus
03-04-2012, 09:55 AM
I would stick with it, once you have had discus nothing else it quite the same. You will eventually be back, might as well stay with this forums members assistance to perfect your discus experience. ;)

shoveltrash
03-04-2012, 10:19 AM
You already have the discus so stick with it. We are here to help.
+1