PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried HANNA HI98129 Digital pH EC TDS Tester Meter, 98129

LKSDiscus
03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Has anyone tried this meter HANNA HI98129 Digital pH EC TDS Tester Meter, 98129 if anyone has what do think of it and is it worth getting?

DiscusLoverJeff
03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi Linda,

That is the one I am currently using. I did have to replace the electrode after only 16 months. The TDS was reading ok, it was the ph reading that was all over the place. Just make sure you get bottles of the calibration and storage solutions.

You need to keep the probe wet at all times so it does not dry out.

Here is the link that may help. You can see at mid-page the solutions needed. You will need the recalibration solution 4.0 and 7.01.

http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Instruments-Conductivity-Temperature-Tester/dp/B002ZG8L58

Contact me if you have any questions.

Jeff

Chicago Discus
03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Thats one I have works very well but don't forget to calibrate the ph every so often......Josie

LKSDiscus
03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Thanks everyone Im getting tired of the liquid and I want something that is accurate

DiscusLoverJeff
03-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Linda,

The manufacturer replaced my probe free of charge as they said it was no longer holding calibration on the ph. So I may have been a rare instance. But as Josie mentioned, if kept calibrated, it should last a long time.

jimg
03-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks everyone Im getting tired of the liquid and I want something that is accurate
liquid is the quickest most accurate one:)

pcsb23
03-02-2012, 11:02 AM
liquid is the quickest most accurate one:)quickest maybe, most accurate - nope ;) only accurate if the reagent is pure and you use a colorimeter. That said accurate enough for most purposes in aquariums, personally I find the pen meters (and I have 2 of the hanna ones in question) to be far more convenient than liquid tests, each to their own.

TURQ64
03-02-2012, 11:19 AM
quickest maybe, most accurate - nope ;) only accurate if the reagent is pure and you use a colorimeter. That said accurate enough for most purposes in aquariums, personally I find the pen meters (and I have 2 of the hanna ones in question) to be far more convenient than liquid tests, each to their own.

+1
if I had to rely on liquid, it'd be a constant drip feed of some sort around here. Too time consuming on a daily basis for me JMO..

seanyuki
03-02-2012, 12:46 PM
this is good place to get meters,Photometers / Colorimeters........for more accurate readings use those Photometers / Colorimeters but costly.

I got my digital Ph meter here.

http://www.eseasongear.com/88888.html

seanyuki
03-02-2012, 12:47 PM
this is good place to get meters,Photometers / Colorimeters........for more accurate readings use those Photometers / Colorimeters but costly.

I got my digital Ph meter here.

http://www.eseasongear.com/88888.html

jimg
03-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I have tested many. The most accurate I had was a hanna HI9126 and that too took a few minutes to get the closest reading. take any of the ph pens, calibrate them and put them in the same tank and you will get as many different readings as you have meters. the liquid tests will always come up the exact same color.
The only ph meters I use I leave in the tanks 24hrs. it takes like 5 minutes to get it stable (even with new or aged probes)and then I only use them to keep the water the same at the end.
If want a good reading from a ph meter I will take the reading in a flask.but you will still get different readings from different meters/pens.
so ime ph drops are faster and always the same ph pens are all over the place, that is why I rely on ec during wc's not ph

seanyuki
03-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I think that most Ph liquid test kits cannot read lower than Ph 6........ie Ph crash

Niblet
03-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Jim....do you use a EC meter?

jimg
03-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Jim....do you use a EC meter?yes a hanna dist 5.
I use this before during and after wc's. i would be lost without this. If I had well or used straight tap from a reliable source I wouldn't use anything other than a temp probe, but I mix ro tap and reconstitute ro