PDA

View Full Version : Party outside the tank.

Bill63SG
03-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Doing a water change and saw this.Apparently inside the tank wasn't good enough for thier eggs.Wife got a little skeeved when I told her the snails were coming out of the tank.727977279872799

zimmjeff
03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
tell her that at least it isn't a snake like brew's house.

LizStreithorst
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Man, Bill. that is a huge bunch of eggs! I can't believe that she laid on the outside and then went back in. Too cool.

Mine are breeding, but not clutches of that size. A couple of customers at my shop were facinated buy them. I was lucky both times. I had two sanils breeding. I was pretty explicit and showed them that the snails do it by sticking one part inside the other). Then I showed them the eggs and taught them how they drop into the water and turn into real snails. I've only showed the two people who had an interest in them. They both thought that it was cool.

These people what to buy babies from me! Can you imagine that? I would never take money for a snail. Some guy named Bill took the trouble to send me mine for free. I doubt that I would be willing to do that. Whoever this Bill guy is, he's OK.

Bill63SG
03-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Man, Bill. that is a huge bunch of eggs! I can't believe that she laid on the outside and then went back in. Too cool.
I had two sanils breeding. I was pretty explicit and showed them that the snails do it by sticking one part inside the other). Then I showed them the eggs and taught them how they drop into the water and turn into real snails..Cool,snail softcore.Actually,I've had bigger clutches.It may be that all mine were in a planted tank.If it's bb,they seem to struggle,we keep them too clean.

JenTN
03-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Im with your wife...think Id rather have the snake in the tank lol.

Bill63SG
03-18-2012, 11:14 PM
There is a story to be told where my wife was picking up my son's toy's and as she put away a plastic lizard,we informed her it was a dried up newt.She did the heebie sheebie dance at just the info of it.

LizStreithorst
03-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Your wife needs to get more in touch with nature. Funny story, though.

Bill63SG
03-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Naw,she just didn't think she'd be picking up dead things in my son's bedroom.While once in a tree stand,she had an owl almost land on her bow.She's down with nature.

LizStreithorst
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Shame. For me it's all about the natural world.

Bill63SG
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Must have been the way I worded it Liz,she's more of a natualist then me.Hunting,camping.Her first husband did'nt get vactions,he got "leaves",6 weeks.Sounds great at first,except where can you go for 6 weeks when your broke.Camping can be relativly cheap.I belive she's been to 39 states.

LizStreithorst
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Good.

Josef
04-26-2012, 01:18 PM
That's awesome!:D