PDA

View Full Version : Update/vacay

Orange Crush
03-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Hi all,

This past few days have been very exciting for me. I had my 6 discus in a 40 gal breeder BB QT tank since Jan 20th. A few days ago I redid the deco of my 75 gal DT so now it has a thin layer of sand on the bottom, some mopani and manzanita and 2 plants in terra cotta pots. When I first was planning on getting discus I wanted to do a planted tank but after being on the forum for a while I decided to go with plants in pots but once I put in the sand and wood I really loved it because it was diff looking than my other 4 planted tanks. The only reason I have 2 plants in there is because I had no room in my other tanks for them. I did have a school of a bakers dozen of diamond tetras in the 75 but I put the substrate and the plants and the tetras and cories into the 40 when I took the discus out.

I also added a sponge filter because I found an air pump that has a backup battery power for up to 150 hous should my power go out. I wanted that since I will be going out of town with my hubby this Sat for a few days.

Anyways a few days ago I put my discus in the 75 DT with my BN pleco, apistos, and amano shrimp. They have all adjusted nicely and are enjoying the extra room. The apistos were a little freaked at first since they were used to being the big man on campus but are going back to their normal rutines now. I have been using Seachem Stability since I was expecting a possible mini-cycle but I have had no ammonia.

I will be back next week, hope you all have a great week!!! :balloon:

shoveltrash
03-24-2012, 08:38 AM
hope you have a great vacation!! :)
take some photos of the new tank when you get back, to share....

Orange Crush
03-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Orange Crush
03-28-2012, 07:01 PM

Orange Crush
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM

JenTN
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Love it!

Bart V
03-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I really like the way this looks! What is the soil in the pots and how do you keep it in there??? Seems like a great compromise between bare-bottomed and full-blown planted.

Orange Crush
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
I really like the way this looks! What is the soil in the pots and how do you keep it in there??? Seems like a great compromise between bare-bottomed and full-blown planted.
It is Flourite Black http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/FlouriteBlack.html
with Flourish Root Tabs http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/FlourishTabs.html

shoveltrash
03-29-2012, 08:17 AM
beautiful!!!!