PDA

View Full Version : Quick check in!

Eddie
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Hey all! Been a while! Finally got all my stuff from Japan so I have all my tanks and gear. Just need to give them all a good cleaning and set-up some things. I'm looking forward to getting back in the game! I'm only in Spain for 2 years so I will more than likely go with some sub-adults/adults in one tank and then go from there. There is a decent supplier in Sevilla that carries some good strains comes from Malaysia. So I hope to have something put together in a few months! Hope you are all doing well!

Best,

Eddie

Second Hand Pat
04-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey Eddie, good to see you "in town" if you will :)
Pat

texasdiscusman
04-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Good to here from you Eddie.Hope all is well,it's got to be killing you with empty tanks sitting there my friend.LOL

Disgirl
04-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Eddie, welcome back! I know you must be anxious to get a new group of discus. Long time without them huh? Hope you still have the cones? I'm sure you will need them!
Barb

Chad Adams
04-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Nice to get the quick note Eddie.
Hope all is well & you can make it to Atlanta my friend.

Chad

Eddie
04-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey Eddie, good to see you "in town" if you will :)
Pat

LOL, definitely glad to come around town. :)

Good to here from you Eddie.Hope all is well,it's got to be killing you with empty tanks sitting there my friend.LOL

Yeah man, empty tanks, empty racks....need to fix that! ;)

Hi Eddie, welcome back! I know you must be anxious to get a new group of discus. Long time without them huh? Hope you still have the cones? I'm sure you will need them!
Barb

Thanks Barb! Defintiely have all my cones. And yeah, with a group of adults in the tank, the magic always happens. ;)

Skip
04-07-2012, 02:56 PM
at'ta boy!!!

Eddie
04-07-2012, 04:07 PM
LOL, I've been on facebook so much, I am looking for the like button on here. ahahahaha :)

yim11
04-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Great to see you back my friend! Anything we can do from Texas just say the word!

mlov1022
04-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Hope all is well Eddie. Can't wait to see you back in the game.

LizStreithorst
04-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I couldn't deal with the military myself. They can tell you to move to where they want you, and you have no choice. God himself would find it hard to make me move from my perfect safe place. At least they paid to move all your stuff. I've moved tanks from a neighbouring state to another and back. It wasn't fun, but it was doable. I can't imagine having all my heavy tanks along with all my other fish stuff moved from Asia to Europe! At least they took care of that!

Euorpe is cool. You will love it. Other countries are just a car drive away. England is a car drive and a ferry ride. There's all sorts of cool stuff to see. Everything is ancient.

You had such wonderful fish in Japan. I will always remember your Solid Red SSs. What I would give to have a group of fish of that quality to work with...How hard they must have been to give up.

See you in June.

Eddie
04-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Great to see you back my friend! Anything we can do from Texas just say the word!

Thanks Brother Jim! I appreciate it!

Hope all is well Eddie. Can't wait to see you back in the game.

Thanks...me too!

I couldn't deal with the military myself. They can tell you to move to where they want you, and you have no choice. God himself would find it hard to make me move from my perfect safe place. At least they paid to move all your stuff. I've moved tanks from a neighbouring state to another and back. It wasn't fun, but it was doable. I can't imagine having all my heavy tanks along with all my other fish stuff moved from Asia to Europe! At least they took care of that!

Euorpe is cool. You will love it. Other countries are just a car drive away. England is a car drive and a ferry ride. There's all sorts of cool stuff to see. Everything is ancient.

You had such wonderful fish in Japan. I will always remember your Solid Red SSs. What I would give to have a group of fish of that quality to work with...How hard they must have been to give up.

See you in June.

Great to see you Liz! Those Solid Red SSs were some of my favorites. The availability of quailty discus in Japan, will forever be cherished. Some of the best times of my life in the hobby! :)

seanyuki
04-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Welcome back Eddie......any particular strains that you interests you.?.....hope to see the discus pics......have a great weekend my friend.

Eddie
04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Welcome back Eddie......any particular strains that you interests you.?.....hope to see the discus pics......have a great weekend my friend.

Thank you Francis! At the moment I am interested in Red Turqs and Reflection Ds. Always had a thing for striations. :)

DonMD
04-07-2012, 06:48 PM
It's good to hear from you, Eddie, your voice is an important one on this forum. I hope you enjoy Spain for your two-year tour; I studied there one summer, 1972! Enjoy the tapas! We'll all look forward to your missives on this forum. Glad you're back in the Western World. -Don

magewynd
04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for checking in with us. i've missed your knowledge around here. I don't post much but what you've shared has pulled my butt out of the water more than a few times. I'm also looking forward to what what Discus your able to fin in Spain. How easy it it for you to get fish from Italy?

Best of luck,
Steve

Eddie
04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
It's good to hear from you, Eddie, your voice is an important one on this forum. I hope you enjoy Spain for your two-year tour; I studied there one summer, 1972! Enjoy the tapas! We'll all look forward to your missives on this forum. Glad you're back in the Western World. -Don

Glad to be around Don! Its been a LONG while! Been getting my itch back now that I have my tanks at the house!

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for checking in with us. i've missed your knowledge around here. I don't post much but what you've shared has pulled my butt out of the water more than a few times. I'm also looking forward to what what Discus your able to fin in Spain. How easy it it for you to get fish from Italy?

Best of luck,
Steve

Hi there Steve! Glad I've been able to help and hope its been a lasting thing. There is a decent source here in Sevilla that I will probably go with. I think it might be pretty hard to get fish from Italy. Customs and all. I'll keep y'all posted on my future stock. :)

All the best!

Kingdom Come Discus
04-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Hello Eddie,

Great to hear from you. I hope thigs are going well for you.

I am enjoying the first Watanabe shipment immensely, thanks for hooking us up my friend.

Are you coming to Atlanta?

Talk to you soon

Eddie
04-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Hello Eddie,

Great to hear from you. I hope thigs are going well for you.

I am enjoying the first Watanabe shipment immensely, thanks for hooking us up my friend.

Are you coming to Atlanta?

Talk to you soon

My friend Kraig! Great to hear from you! And super excited to hear you pulled in some of Watanabes fish. HOLY SMOKES!!! I'd take them all if I lived in the states! WOOHOO!!!

Kingdom Come Discus
04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Yea I am thrilled to get his fish and look foward to the next shipment.
Thanks again,

brewmaster15
04-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Hey Eddie,
Missed you man, great to see you back in the saddle and visiting here again. Hope you've been well my friend!

-al

johnnathan
04-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Welcome back buddy..

:):):)

Eddie
04-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Yea I am thrilled to get his fish and look foward to the next shipment.
Thanks again,

Anytime my friend! So lucky to have that source in the US. I'm gonna have to move near you! LOL

Hey Eddie,
Missed you man, great to see you back in the saddle and visiting here again. Hope you've been well my friend!

-al

Definitely Al, its been way to long my friend. All is great and settled in, in Spain. Got a bunch of empty tanks and a whole lot of water! LOL Can't wait to have some fish again. Super glad to be back on here. All the best!

Welcome back buddy..

:):):)

Big Johnnathan! Simply Discus TEAM!!! I have definitely been gone a while! Thats awesome man! Good to be back!

All the best!

hedut
04-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Welcome back Eddie :)

Eddie
04-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Welcome back Eddie :)

Glad to be back Hendri! Can't wait to get some new fishes!

Chad Adams
04-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Great to see you Eddie. Welcome back. We missed you.

Chad

Eddie
04-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Great to see you Eddie. Welcome back. We missed you.

Chad

Thanks Chad! Glad to be back!

PAR23
04-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Glad to see you back and settled in Eddie. Must be exciting to restock again. Look forward to the pics.

Eddie
04-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Glad to see you back and settled in Eddie. Must be exciting to restock again. Look forward to the pics.

Oh yeah! Spent the afternoon cleaning up my stands and one tank is ready. I'm running water tests today to see where/how I need to proceed. Water parameters and the method of preparation is number 1. ;) Good to be back!

Skip
04-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Jus when I was trying to catch up to eddies 25,000 post count.. He is back.. Dang, it!

Glad ur back many sick discus need ur help...

Sometime water change is not enough.. For that.. There is eddie

Eddie
04-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Jus when I was trying to catch up to eddies 25,000 post count.. He is back.. Dang, it!

Glad ur back many sick discus need ur help...

Sometime water change is not enough.. For that.. There is eddie

Damn! I didn't even notice that! LOL I'll hit 25,000 this year....surely! ;)

texasdiscusman
04-09-2012, 06:06 PM
And just think Skip he gave you a 6 month break.But really is good to see back Eddie.Even if it is a short visit.But I doubt it will be that short.Now that your tanks have all showed up.LOL

Eddie
04-09-2012, 06:24 PM
And just think Skip he gave you a 6 month break.But really is good to see back Eddie.Even if it is a short visit.But I doubt it will be that short.Now that your tanks have all showed up.LOL

LOL, nothing short about it buddy! I GOT THE BUG BAD!!! Have to be patient though, don't want to jump the gun. Fish out here are MUCHO DINERO!!! Almost the same as Japan. I'd hate to get a nice group and have a flop. You know me, I like to succeed! ;)

texasdiscusman
04-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Can't be any worse on pocket after Japan.Your not alone I'm restocking also dang drought.Should have listened to Nicholson and shut it down.Wait I did not just admitt Nicholson was right.LOL,Delete,Delete.And I would not expect any thing less from you then PERFECTION !!!

Eddie
04-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Can't be any worse on pocket after Japan.Your not alone I'm restocking also dang drought.Should have listened to Nicholson and shut it down.Wait I did not just admitt Nicholson was right.LOL,Delete,Delete.And I would not expect any thing less from you then PERFECTION !!!

You know John's always right....can't argue with that one! Good luck with the restock! I look forward to seeing what you got going!

magewynd
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Eddie,

A question or two for you. What is the makeup or background for a red diamond. More specific, what was behind the albino red diamonds or spotted red diamonds you had?

Thanks,
Steve

Eddie
04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Eddie,

A question or two for you. What is the makeup or background for a red diamond. More specific, what was behind the albino red diamonds or spotted red diamonds you had?

Thanks,
Steve

Thats a tough one Steve as I did not create the fish. The original Red Diamond was similar to a turk but the striations were not solid, they were more spots. Guessing the Albino Red Diamond is the albino form of the Red Diamond. You'll be lucky to find a Red Diamond these days.

Here is an old example of a red diamond, virtually a leopard almost.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Red+Diamond+Discus&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=680&tbm=isch&tbnid=yBKDRLoCuhBKRM:&imgrefurl=http://www.discushatchery.com/gallery/discus07.html&docid=FI56jcvjSgLu4M&imgurl=http://www.discushatchery.com/gallery/reddiamonddiscus3.jpg&w=576&h=388&ei=koSDT_mZA8PRhAek4KzFBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=178&vpy=134&dur=5955&hovh=184&hovw=274&tx=150&ty=94&sig=112432688926390256021&page=2&tbnh=148&tbnw=189&start=18&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:18,i:137

texasdiscusman
04-09-2012, 09:05 PM
You know me bro.I love my pigeons and finally Beals has some large red fish

magewynd
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks Eddie,
I was just wondering because I'm thinking about doing the AltumSS x Virgin Red cross Liz brought up in that blue diamond thread.
Thats a tough one Steve as I did not create the fish. The original Red Diamond was similar to a turk but the striations were not solid, they were more spots. Guessing the Albino Red Diamond is the albino form of the Red Diamond. You'll be lucky to find a Red Diamond these days.

Here is an old example of a red diamond, virtually a leopard almost.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Red+Diamond+Discus&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=680&tbm=isch&tbnid=yBKDRLoCuhBKRM:&imgrefurl=http://www.discushatchery.com/gallery/discus07.html&docid=FI56jcvjSgLu4M&imgurl=http://www.discushatchery.com/gallery/reddiamonddiscus3.jpg&w=576&h=388&ei=koSDT_mZA8PRhAek4KzFBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=178&vpy=134&dur=5955&hovh=184&hovw=274&tx=150&ty=94&sig=112432688926390256021&page=2&tbnh=148&tbnw=189&start=18&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:18,i:137

Eddie
04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks Eddie,
I was just wondering because I'm thinking about doing the AltumSS x Virgin Red cross Liz brought up in that blue diamond thread.

I'd go with the Altum SS and a wild. Something super red based like a Curipeua or Inanu.

pinoysport
04-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey bro... WB... how are you going to fit in water changes with your workouts?..... your on beast mode right now man..... wb...

Eddie
04-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Hey bro... WB... how are you going to fit in water changes with your workouts?..... your on beast mode right now man..... wb...

Dude, I'm gonna make it happen! One thing I've learned in my fitness endeavors, is how to SUPERSET tasks! It ain't multi-taskin anymore.....I gotta do it all and FAST! LOL

Got gear coming in, once I get my storage water set-up....fish will be in the mail! CANT WAIT!!!

DonMD
04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Dude, I'm gonna make it happen! One thing I've learned in my fitness endeavors, is how to SUPERSET tasks! It ain't multi-taskin anymore.....I gotta do it all and FAST! LOL

Got gear coming in, once I get my storage water set-up....fish will be in the mail! CANT WAIT!!!

Eddie, it sounds like you're not going to cycle your tanks before getting your fish. As I'm just now going through that process, I'm wondering how you manage without it. Or am I misreading your timeline? Thanks.

Eddie
04-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Eddie, it sounds like you're not going to cycle your tanks before getting your fish. As I'm just now going through that process, I'm wondering how you manage without it. Or am I misreading your timeline? Thanks.

LOL, its a secret! No, I use bio starters to cycle my filters, WHILE fish are in tank. Been using that method over the past few years now. Many people don't use it properly because they test the water and low and behold, there is ammonia, there is nitrites and they change the water. NOT the way its supposed to be used. Its a little risky, never lost any fish but one day I might! I haven't done an ammonia filter cycle in a long time! Probably harder than EVER to get clear surfactant free ammonia here in Spain anyways!

CrazyAngels
04-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey there Eddie, a big hello to you from your hometown. It sure has been awhile since we last chatted, hope Spain is treating you well my friend. We'll need to catch up one of these days, in the mean time eat some Tapas for me okay!!

Take care.

Disgirl
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
LOL, its a secret! No, I use bio starters to cycle my filters, WHILE fish are in tank. Been using that method over the past few years now. Many people don't use it properly because they test the water and low and behold, there is ammonia, there is nitrites and they change the water. NOT the way its supposed to be used. Its a little risky, never lost any fish but one day I might! I haven't done an ammonia filter cycle in a long time! Probably harder than EVER to get clear surfactant free ammonia here in Spain anyways!

Eddie, remember my experiment a few years ago with Miracle Gro fertlizer to get the cycle started? I bet most here have forgotten that it did indeed work! I haven't had to use it again but I would if I needed to. Good luck with your new tank of fish, soon to be.
Barb

Eddie
04-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey there Eddie, a big hello to you from your hometown. It sure has been awhile since we last chatted, hope Spain is treating you well my friend. We'll need to catch up one of these days, in the mean time eat some Tapas for me okay!!

Take care.

Jorge! Hey there my friend! Good to hear from you and it has been a long time. Spain is great but gonna get better when I get my fish! LOL Catch up with you later!

Eddie, remember my experiment a few years ago with Miracle Gro fertlizer to get the cycle started? I bet most here have forgotten that it did indeed work! I haven't had to use it again but I would if I needed to. Good luck with your new tank of fish, soon to be.
Barb

Hey Barb, I definitely remember that! Its an option for sure! Thanks for the reminder!

David Rose
04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Best of luck ramping back up Eddie... fingers crossed that you find some beauties from the local supplier(s)!

Eddie
04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Best of luck ramping back up Eddie... fingers crossed that you find some beauties from the local supplier(s)!

David! My friend, I am doing some research and I found another supplier in Madrid that is pulling in a lot of Wayne NG fish. He's got some Reflection Ds but they are super small. I might pick them up. I rather go for my type of fish than the available size. Besides, I love growing me out some babies! :)

applekrate
04-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey Eddie-
Welcome back. I'm new but been a SD lurker for about 10 mo and I always learn something from your posts. Your advice posted for others has many times saved me huge headaches (most likely saved my fish a headache also;)). JWTS Thanks

Eddie
04-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey Eddie-
Welcome back. I'm new but been a SD lurker for about 10 mo and I always learn something from your posts. Your advice posted for others has many times saved me huge headaches (most likely saved my fish a headache also;)). JWTS Thanks

Glad I have been able to help you, even with me being out of the box for over a year now. ;) Glad to be back and READY to get some new stock!