PDA

View Full Version : important question

mr.amir
04-10-2012, 03:12 PM
hello everybody
i want to buy 5 or 6 discus juveniles, and i wonder which is better for them to reach their maximum size for breeding purpose putting them in a 25 gallon with 100% water change daily or putting them in a 75 gallons tank with just 10% daily
and should i buy them all of the same strains or i can buy a mix of them and if i can mix what would be the best mixes?
thanks!

Skip
04-10-2012, 03:15 PM
hello everybody
i want to buy 5 or 6 discus juveniles, and i wonder which is better for them to reach their maximum size for breeding purpose putting them in a 25 gallon with 100% water change daily or putting them in a 75 gallons tank with just 10% daily

25 should be fine.. BUT you will need to move them to 75 later..

and should i buy them all of the same strains or i can buy a mix of them and if i can mix what would be the best mixes?
thanks!

that is up to YOUR TASTE.. but i don't matter.. you will always want more... !!! so just get your first batch.. don't kill them.. and then get more :)

strawberryblonde
04-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Buy the strains you like best, feed well, water daily and once they get big enough, put them in the 75 and enjoy them. =)

hedut
04-10-2012, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=mr.amir;879487]hello everybody
i want to buy 5 or 6 discus juveniles, and i wonder which is better for them to reach their maximum size for breeding purpose putting them in a 25 gallon with 100% water change daily or putting them in a 75 gallons tank with just 10% daily.
75 gallon with 25% daily
for breeding purpose you should have 1 kind 4 pcs and other kind for 4 pcs on the save side but if you like to mix them that's find too, cause not all cross are nice :) and the value is diferrent.

Eddie
04-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd use the 75 and put a divider in the tank to keep them closer together. That would be my method anyways. Something like Poret foam and you can configure it to make an additional filter.