PDA

View Full Version : New 120 with Wild Cuipeua Reds

Larry Bugg
04-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I've been waiting to set the new 120 up for a while now. My fishroom was spread out in the unfinished basement. While on vacation two weeks ago I moved the fishroom to one large room so all the tanks would be consolidated making all the work a lot easier with everything centralized. I have finished most of the work this weekend and set the 120 up. My plan for this tank was to pull 5 of my Cuipeua's out of the 125 giving the two groups of 5 a lot of tank space hoping to get a pair or two. I pulled my favorite two royals and 3 solids for the new 120. The manzanita is from PC1 of course. Here is the new tank. Intro is a quick view of the fishroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU0_GiwaPlo&feature=youtu.be

Discus Origins
04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Larry, I dont think you have enough tanks in the basement :)

Larry Bugg
04-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Lol, quite a few are empty right now. I am uploading a new video of the fishroom on YouTube right now and will post it in a little bit.

Second Hand Pat
04-15-2012, 09:40 PM

+1, the Cuipeua look awesome in the new tank.

Larry Bugg
04-16-2012, 10:43 AM
+1, the Cuipeua look awesome in the new tank.

Thanks Pat. I'm pleased with the tank. I moved them to the new tank on Saturday and they spent the entire day very aggressively working on the pecking order. I was really glad to see them settle down on Sunday when I took the video.

Kingdom Come Discus
04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
I enjoyed that very much during my lunch break. I am very relaxed now, I was ready to kill someone before.

Very nice fish, the center bar is striking, is that a Solomon? The royal blue is like one you see in the books.

As far as the fish room goes Larry it looks as if your ready to start importing.

Thanks for sharing.

Cameronv
04-16-2012, 12:54 PM
That's one sweet fish room!! It must be awesome to walk into that everyday. Very nice video and I love the wood setup, the reds are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and post more videos of the entire room please.

korbi_doc
04-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow Larry, that is just So sooo inspiring...I should look at it every day, maybe it'd help me to get mine in shape; it's just been too hard, but I'm workin' on it....hard to find someone to help me here in the boonies...no one to share with...none of my friends are "into" fish, lol...good luck with those beauties......

Dottie

Eddie
04-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Gorgeous tank/fish Larry!

Larry Bugg
04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
That's one sweet fish room!! It must be awesome to walk into that everyday. Very nice video and I love the wood setup, the reds are beautiful. Thanks for sharing and post more videos of the entire room please.

Gorgeous tank/fish Larry!

Wow Larry, that is just So sooo inspiring...I should look at it every day, maybe it'd help me to get mine in shape; it's just been too hard, but I'm workin' on it....hard to find someone to help me here in the boonies...no one to share with...none of my friends are "into" fish, lol...good luck with those beauties......

Dottie

Thanks, really appreciate the compliments.

I enjoyed that very much during my lunch break. I am very relaxed now, I was ready to kill someone before.

Very nice fish, the center bar is striking, is that a Solomon? The royal blue is like one you see in the books.

As far as the fish room goes Larry it looks as if your ready to start importing.

Thanks for sharing.

LOL, glad I could help you releive some stress Kraig. The "Royal Blue" came to me from Hudson via Mark as a Royal Cuipeua Red so I'm sticking to that. Definitely my favorite fish in the the fishroom. The smaller Royal in the tank, also Cuipeua from Hudson, still has some growing to do but very similar markings. The striations just aren't as dominant all the way through. You can see them in person. The center bar came to me from John (Snookn21) as a Maracana Red. As she has settled in she has definitely moved up my favorite list.

Importing...................don't think I'm there yet. Maybe something to consider when I retire in a few years.

Larry Bugg
05-27-2012, 01:13 PM
I ended up with my two favorite Royals and two favorite Solids in the 120 but have never seen any real breeding activity so yesterday I decided to make another change and split the 4. I believe the two Royals are males and the two Solids are females so I left the dominant Royal and the dominant Solid in the 120. Hows that for a breeding tank. I put the other Royal and Solid in a 40 breeder. I will probably try to open up a 75 for them. I'll give them some alone time and see it that makes a difference. Maybe put some Barry on the MP3, lol. Anyway here are a couple of videos of them. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpNLkBlVLkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bGEXCcrr7I

Second Hand Pat
05-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Both are killer looking pairs and wishing you the best of luck with them. You are for sure overdue.
Pat

Wildcaught dutchman
05-27-2012, 01:48 PM
STUNNING FISH>BEAUTIFUL:D

YSS
05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Very cool. By the way, your fishroom is the cleanest and most well orgnized fishroom I've ever seen. Not one thing is out of place and every tank is exactly aligned. Are you OCD by any chance? :) Seirously, love the setup. Good luck with your breeding program.

Larry Bugg
05-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Very cool. By the way, your fishroom is the cleanest and most well orgnized fishroom I've ever seen. Not one thing is out of place and every tank is exactly aligned. Are you OCD by any chance? :) Seirously, love the setup. Good luck with your breeding program.

Yup, you have me pegged, kind of. I'm selectively OCD. Well no, I guess that's not right..............I'm OCD. I usually use a tape measure to make sure the tanks are lined up properly but sometimes I just eyeball it, lol.

Larry Bugg
05-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Both are killer looking pairs and wishing you the best of luck with them. You are for sure overdue.
Pat

STUNNING FISH>BEAUTIFUL:D

Thanks for the compliments.

Pat, both royals are from the first shipment from Mark. I'm not sure about both of the solids but at least one if from the first group also.

Lt shinysides
05-27-2012, 03:17 PM
That is a cool fish house maybe even a mansion haha!! Beautiful fish. Better than some of the LFS's in the uk.