PDA

View Full Version : My Fishroom

Larry Bugg
04-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Consolidated my fishroom which was spread out in the unfinished basement. It is now all in one large room which makes the maintenance a lot easier. 2 -125 gallon, 1 -120 gallon, 1 - 75 gallon, 5 - 60 gallon, 1 - 55 gallon, 4 - 40 gallon and 10 - 20 gallon, 1285 gallons total. 2 - 330 gallon totes and 1 44 gallon brute for storage. Here is a video of the room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCzFCZbapYQ&feature=youtu.be

Mep1127
04-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Your fishroom literally takes a _ _ _ _ on my LFS.... nice job, must be some task maintaining it. That wild tank at 0:40 the blue and red discus is really something. What kind kind of discus is that?

pinoysport
04-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Larry...

What an awesome fishroom... WOW!!!

are all the tanks hooked up to their own filtration or do you have a sump for each rack?

Thanks for sharing,... looks great!!!!

DonMD
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks for posting that, Larry. You have a beautiful setup. Not that an old pro like you wants any advice . . . I've found that a piece of vinyl baseboard from Home Depot works great to block light glare from the florescent fixtures. I've screwed it on the framing holding the fixture, and it saves the eyes from the blast of light.

I see you don't heat your space, since you've got heaters in all the tanks. What's your thinking on that? I always thought that people with so many tanks in a fish room opted to just heat the space to 84 degrees instead of heating each tank. Thanks again for posting, I'll see you in Atlanta.

Larry Bugg
04-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Your fishroom literally takes a _ _ _ _ on my LFS.... nice job, must be some task maintaining it. That wild tank at 0:40 the blue and red discus is really something. What kind kind of discus is that?

Not too much work. I spend about 1 to 1 1/2 hours everyday doing water changes, cleaning and feeding. It is a stress reliever for me though. That is a Wild Cuipeua Royal. Royals have the full striations running across the length of the body. The solids are Cuipeua's also.

Larry...

What an awesome fishroom... WOW!!!

are all the tanks hooked up to their own filtration or do you have a sump for each rack?

Thanks for sharing,... looks great!!!!

Most are just on sponge filters. The bigger tanks have canisters and or HOB. The 120 has built in overflows so it has a sump under the cabinet. It has only been running since Saturday so there is a seed sponge filter in it right now. In several years I will retire and we will move and build a house in rural Ga. I will build a real fish room at that time that will be properly plumbed.

Thanks for posting that, Larry. You have a beautiful setup. Not that an old pro like you wants any advice . . . I've found that a piece of vinyl baseboard from Home Depot works great to block light glare from the florescent fixtures. I've screwed it on the framing holding the fixture, and it saves the eyes from the blast of light.

I see you don't heat your space, since you've got heaters in all the tanks. What's your thinking on that? I always thought that people with so many tanks in a fish room opted to just heat the space to 84 degrees instead of heating each tank. Thanks again for posting, I'll see you in Atlanta.

LOL, I have been using old cut up lengths of cardboard to shield the lights. Just haven't gotten around to it with the new set up. I'll check out the vinyl baseboard. I could use something a little more polished and durable. My basement is completely unfinished and the ceilings are about 11'. Before this room, I was spread out in the basement and there was no chance of heating the space. I could actually close off this room I'm in now and may consider something different this winter, even if it is just partially heating the room and supplementing with the tank heaters. I think it is probably cheaper in the long run if you have the option of heating the room.

ockyra215
04-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I see some empty tanks along the back if im not mistaken reserved for future pairs?

Brokenrack
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Very nice collection you have ther Larry!

Larry Bugg
04-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Very nice collection you have ther Larry!

Thanks. I'm enjoying them.

I see some empty tanks along the back if im not mistaken reserved for future pairs?

I do have some empty tanks. Hopefully some pairs to come. Wish list is several wild pairs, at least one each green, blue and red. 3R2's but they have a lot of growing to do. LPH face spotted super eruptions, rafflesia melons and I would like the Cobalt to pair with one of the two Cobalt SS. Pretty big wish list. Lol, if my wish comes through I will have my hands full and what tanks I have wouldn't be enough. Will take them as they come. I can be pretty patient.

Darren's Discus
04-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Looks great and some very nice fish as well.
Cheers

Chicago Discus
04-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Very inspiring Mr Bugg Love the set up ...................Josie

Kimberline
04-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Awesome!

fattubwhale
04-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Very nice set up!

blueangel150
05-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Nice job larry i can wait to see it very nice blue rams!

Larry Bugg
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks, are you here in Atlanta or coming to the Show? When are you coming out?

shoveltrash
05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
1285 gallons totalholy cow!!!!!
very nice......looks like a fantastic set up :)

jimg
05-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Very nice! That'l keep ya' busy!

blueangel150
05-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Lol its me boni, arturo's brother i been in ur fish room before i just want to see the new set up!

Larry Bugg
05-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Lol, I remember the ID now. You need to post more often.

MrYin
06-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Want kinda root is that in your show tank? Is that mangrove root?

Larry Bugg
06-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Want kinda root is that in your show tank? Is that mangrove root?

All my driftwood is manzanita.

MrYin
06-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Bought LFS or online?

warblad79
06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
That's a very nice fish room. I'll keep dreaming

Larry Bugg
06-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Bought LFS or online?

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?209-Manzman-(Rafael-Mendoza)-Beaumont-California

MrYin
06-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the link. I'll check him put

Rick S
12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi Larry, I just watched your video again, I really like the rafflasia discus any updates on them, do they still have that intense red coloration.

Thanks, Rick