PDA

View Full Version : I love SD

dpete9
04-24-2012, 03:46 AM
I love this site a lot and wish there was something similar for Europe.
I am not volunteering because it would be a major undertaking I think. I am more curios than anything.
General health and well-being of fish are all similar no matter where you live, but things like where to purchase this or that or for sale sections are quite different, for example: there is no such thing as gutter guard here, well at least not the kind with the small holes that you can use for egg cages.

It could and should still be done in English since the one Language most people can at least understand some of is English.
I have seen sites throughout Europe, but they tend to be specific to each country and well frankly are pretty boring. For example; in Netherlands there is a forum, but on average it gets 2 posts a day.. YAWN.

Would it be a major undertaking to start a "Sister Simply for Europe" ? I know Simply has a section for international and stuff but I was thinking more of a completely separate site.
I don't have the money to start such a big adventure, just gathering thoughts.
I'd especially be interested in hearing from some European SD fans

Eddie
04-24-2012, 05:10 AM
There's always BIDKA

dpete9
04-24-2012, 05:15 AM
Oh Eddie this is true. They're primarily British though correct? Do they offer much information on Europe like clubs, organizations, events things like that? Forgive me I am pretty new to Europe.

Eddie
04-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Oh Eddie this is true. They're primarily British though correct? Do they offer much information on Europe like clubs, organizations, events things like that? Forgive me I am pretty new to Europe.

What part of Eu are you from exactly. Most countries have some decent forums. Maybe not primarily discus but still lots of great info!

dpete9
04-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Hey Eddie I'm in the Netherlands, but an expat from the U.S... Most countries here aren't much larger than a state in the U.S. so the ones I see well they're as big as a state forum. kind of slow.

brewmaster15
04-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Pete,
I've been asked by several international members now to substantially increase the area of the forum dedicated to their particular areas of the world.... My goal has always been to make this forum as internationally friendly as possible and we do get many visitors globally.
Information on Europe like clubs, organizations, events things like that? is easy enough to build into this forum .....so theres always possibilities for expansion, provided I have sufficient interest and help... Drop me a pm if you want to talk more about this...

As for a separate forum like Simply for Europe...not sure that fits into my feedback section here on Simply.:) But should you or anyone else want to build something like that, I would be happy to try and help where possible.

Thanks, and I am glad you love Simply enough to want to see more of it!!:D

-al

Second Hand Pat
04-24-2012, 10:28 AM
I do love SD but found when the wild Tefe's spawned for the first time that I needed to reach out to folks in Europe for detailed info on their methods for breeding/raising wilds. The person I reached out to primarily was Nandi or NanDiscus here on SD. Successfully breeding wilds seems more common in Europe than here in the states based on my limited experience.

dpete9
04-24-2012, 10:40 AM
AL. I am sorry if I put this in the wrong section.. SO My feedback to you.. GREAT WORK, LOVE THE SITE!
Not sure I am a good choice since for ideas since i have only been in Europe for a few years, but I would love to talk about expanding. I will send you a PM

dpete9
04-24-2012, 10:42 AM
I do love SD but found when the wild Tefe's spawned for the first time that I needed to reach out to folks in Europe for detailed info on their methods for breeding/raising wilds. The person I reached out to primarily was Nandi or NanDiscus here on SD. Successfully breeding wilds seems more common in Europe than here in the states based on my limited experience.
See us Europeans know our sheeeyat.. we just need to get together and learn some local secrets.. like where the fudge can I buy Methylene Blue in Europe? (I found a place but it was a difficult thing)

hedut
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
I LOVE SD cause make me better as discus hobbyist :) and could get better fish ;)

zimmjeff
04-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I love this site. why do you need a separate place when the world is a keyboard away. Thanks Al and all the others that make this run.

shoveltrash
04-24-2012, 06:15 PM
keep it all in one place! just maybe make a subsection for Europeans???
is this possible?

I LOVE SD and MY DISCUS THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

gaboon
04-25-2012, 03:44 AM
SD is the best in the world for information on OUR hobby. It brings the world together to share what we have learned and mistakes by us.