PDA

View Full Version : Discus Club or hobbyists in Spokane, WA

DiscusDrew
04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
I would LOVE to find a group of hobbyists or a club for discus fish keepers in spokane washington. We have such specific water perameters here and so a group of people working to make success in the discus raising and breeding hobby would be invaluable. PLEASE PM or Reply if you know of anything or even if youd be interested in maybe starting something. Thanks!!
-Drew

rachelchick
05-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi Drew! I'm interested. I live in Sandpoint, but that's close enough, right? :) I just recently started with discus. I got three from Barbie at Aquarium Solutions, but I need two or three more. She's had a heck of a time getting more in and it's been about a month. I'm looking for anyone else in the area who has any. Do you know of anyone?

~Thanks!
Rachel

DiscusDrew
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Rachel :) its nice to meet you, Barbie is a good friend and I trust her for quality and such but they simply are not show fish by any means. I have a few of her discus and yes she has ALWAYS had problems getting in discus. However her advice is invaluable, she knows what she is doing, the only thing I disagree with her on is that she feeds live black works exclusively, so when I get her fish I have to metro and de worm them before i'm happy with them. That said, if your going to buy d discus in Spokane or this area do not do it from anywhere but her. Most of mine now I bring in through sponsors on here or a few other sources. We can definitely talk about group ordering though and save ourselves a lot when it comes to shipping! For about the same money as local buying we can bring in much higher quality fish. My number is 5092637450 if you'd be interested in talking! I'm making an order in Friday if you're interested.