PDA

View Full Version : Who is bringing Discus to the Show?

Larry Bugg
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
What makes a good Discus show GREAT? Lots and lots of beautiful discus to look at. We have some of the best speakers lined up. We have a beautiful hotel to meet in. We have some great Discus friends to hang out with. Now we need the Discus. Of course we have some of our Importers/Sponsors bringing Discus to the Show but what we really want to see are Discus from individual hobbyist. I want to encourage you to enter at least one Discus in the Show if you are coming. I can promise that you will be glad you did. I attended my very first Discus Show in 2010 at the NADA Dallas Show. I read a post just like this one from John Nicholson and thought to myself.............wouldn't that be really cool. I have to admit though that I was just a little bit intimidated by the thought of it. John coaxed and encouraged me and I decided to make it happen. Did my Discus win a award? Nope, but it was a great experience and I was certainly glad I did it. Since then I have entered Discus in the 2011 ACA and will enter Discus in our Show in June. If I win something, great but if not I have the satisfaction of knowing that I helped make the Show a great success. If you are driving to the Show then you have it made. Transporting them in a car is pretty easy. If you are flying then you can ship the Discus to us. Airport to Airport is the easiest and the Discus will arrive the same day shipped so less stress. Let us know and we will have someone dispatched to the airport cargo to pick the discus up when they arrive. After the Show is over. A couple of options, we will be happy to assist in shipping the Discus back home or you can advertise it for sale or enter it in the Auction on Sunday. Make this Show the best experience it can be by participating in the Show. You won't regret it!!

Second Hand Pat
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Larry, what John did for you, you might be able to do for me. So I do have a fish I am considering bring. My question is preparing a fish for the show? This particular fish has great presentation and even a bit high bodied for a wild. It will not win due to lacking on other areas but I plan on bring it anyway. It wuoud be nice to place it in a smaller tank located in a busy part of the house but again due to lack of resources. It is already a nice, thick fish so no need to feed it up. What else should I be doing?? or have I covered all the bases.

JenTN
05-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't have any to bring this year, but I am excited to go and see what show fish look like...I hope to grow some out from my spawn and have somthing to enter in a future show :)

Skip
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
i would rather TAKE then Bring :)

Second Hand Pat
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
i would rather TAKE then Bring :)

Not surprising :D

Larry Bugg
05-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Larry, what John did for you, you might be able to do for me. So I do have a fish I am considering bring. My question is preparing a fish for the show? This particular fish has great presentation and even a bit high bodied for a wild. It will not win due to lacking on other areas but I plan on bring it anyway. It wuoud be nice to place it in a smaller tank located in a busy part of the house but again due to lack of resources. It is already a nice, thick fish so no need to feed it up. What else should I be doing?? or have I covered all the bases.

I haven't tried to do anything to condition fish but that is something to think about. One thing to note. I had a fish that I reelly considered taking to the 2011 ACA. I decided against taking it because it's first few dorsal rays had and gap at the top and didn't have that smooth rounded look. I had the distinct honor of walking through the judging process with John Nicholson and Jim Hall. I quickly learned that you aren't looking for that perfect discus. All of them will have one of two areas that they may be lacking in. It is the sum total of all the judging areas that makes a winner. I should have entered my fish.

TNT77
05-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking about bringing two down. Just extremely nervous about the whole process. :scared:

Discus-n00b
05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Question for us show noobs. For those of us who don't breed and don't have any home growns, is it looked down on individuals entering import discus in the show? I'm sure there are a wide variety of opinions, just looking for the general consensus. I know sponsors/vendors do it, but that's part of their business. I don't have any "Show grade" labeled fish that were groomed for it, just some adults I've bought various places, shall I still bring one/a couple?

Larry Bugg
05-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Question for us show noobs. For those of us who don't breed and don't have any home growns, is it looked down on individuals entering import discus in the show? I'm sure there are a wide variety of opinions, just looking for the general consensus. I know sponsors/vendors do it, but that's part of their business. I don't have any "Show grade" labeled fish that were groomed for it, just some adults I've bought various places, shall I still bring one/a couple?

Most of the fish that will be entered in the show will not be home grown whether, entered by a Importer or individual. I will bet that 95% of the discus entered will not be home grown. I don't have any discus that were purchased as "Show Grade" either. It is true that some of the fish entered by Importers will be what is labled as "Show Grade" but certainly not all. Don't let that hold you back.

Second Hand Pat
05-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Good question Matt as the fish I am planning to bring is a wild discus. Are there any restrictions here??

Discus-n00b
05-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Sounds good. Might make me bring some of mine then!

Eddie
05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Great opportunity for hobbyists to get involved with the show! The last show had a lot of entries from hobbyists and it really made an impact on the show. Bring your favorite fish in and see how it places. I highly encourage it!

Altum Nut
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Great opportunity for hobbyists to get involved with the show! The last show had a lot of entries from hobbyists and it really made an impact on the show. Bring your favorite fish in and see how it places. I highly encourage it!

Well put Eddie.
I've seen your fish in photos Matt....go for it buddy or you will regret it.
Pat same goes for you...unless they don't have a "Wild Discus class".

...Ralph

LizStreithorst
05-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I'll be bringing 6 or so. 3 purchased and the others home bred.

John_Nicholson
05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks Larry for the kind words.

I have already sent a couple of ya'll an PM with my phone number to offer tips and getting your show fish ready. If anyone else is interested shoot me a pm and I will try to be in touch as my schedule allows.

Thanks.

-john

Second Hand Pat
05-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Well put Eddie.
I've seen your fish in photos Matt....go for it buddy or you will regret it.
Pat same goes for you...unless they don't have a "Wild Discus class".

...Ralph

There is a wild class Ralph and have my little show fish picked out and nice and fat.

Second Hand Pat
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks Larry for the kind words.

I have already sent a couple of ya'll an PM with my phone number to offer tips and getting your show fish ready. If anyone else is interested shoot me a pm and I will try to be in touch as my schedule allows.

Thanks.

-john

Nice talking with you John :)

Pat

seanyuki
05-08-2012, 07:06 PM
I do have some discus to bring to the show.....being here in Canada......how to do the paper works entering them into the States..........do not want the discus being held in US Customs for weeks.;

LizStreithorst
05-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Francis, cross the border and ship them from the States. I want to see what you have. Please do it.

nc0gnet0
05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I am curious as to how you manage to drive/fly them across country and still have them show well. Seems like the sooner you could get them there before the show, the more of an advantage it would be.

Rick

LizStreithorst
05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Most everyone's in the same boat. Yes, there sometimes slight ammonia burns. The judges know what they are. The show fish arrive the first day of the show and have time to acclimate before the judging.

MostlyDiscus
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Are you driving Rick? I used bullseye ph 6.5 many years ago along with pure oxogen. I drove from MD to FL with little problems. I will be doing the same as Liz and bring a few home bred and a few bought growouts. Anyone use bag buddies for travel? Maybe Kenny could shed some light on what he uses to stablize the water for shipping.

Ed

Larry Bugg
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
I use a five gallon bucket. To and from the ACA 11 hours without a hitch.

TNT77
05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I use a five gallon bucket. To and from the ACA 11 hours without a hitch.
Do you aerate the water? Do you use any chemicals? Trying to figure out the easiest way to get mine there with a 12hr drive.

yim11
05-08-2012, 11:35 PM
The 5g bucket is a great way to move fish. You can get a battery operated air pump at academy cheap, but it's loud.

Larry Bugg
05-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Do you aerate the water? Do you use any chemicals? Trying to figure out the easiest way to get mine there with a 12hr drive.

As Jim pointed out, you can get a pump, but I haven't. I think about it this way. They can be bagged and shipped for 24 or more hours and do just fine. I'm putting them in a bucket with a lot more water and a lot more surface area so for 10 to 12 hours it shouldn't be a issue. I just put clean water from my storage container in the bucket and in went the discus. Nothing else. I put two adults to one bucket but if worried you could do just 1 adult per bucket.

zchauvin
05-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Sooo. Where is this thing and when??

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Chad Adams
05-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Sooo. Where is this thing and when??

http://nadaatlanta2012.com/

zchauvin
05-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks, I think I may go. No fish though of course :/

Chad Adams
05-09-2012, 01:59 PM

I promise you'll have a great time & you won't regret it.

Chad

zchauvin
05-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Is there an admition fee or just your hotel stay ect. Didn't read up to much being I'm on mobile at work

Chad Adams
05-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Is there an admition fee or just your hotel stay ect. Didn't read up to much being I'm on mobile at work

There is a charge for registration. When you get home check out the show website, it's pretty cool & has lots of info there.
Looking forward to meeting you in Atlanta!

Chad

Eddie
05-09-2012, 02:57 PM

You'll have an amazing time! Trust me!

Disgirl
05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Eddie, will you be there? Lots of miles between Spain and Atlanta I know.
Barb

zchauvin
05-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I just cant wait to meet all you guys!!!

Disgirl
05-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Gals too?
Barb

LizStreithorst
05-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Last I heard, Eddie thinks he can make it. Cool, huh?

zchauvin
05-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Gals too?
Barb

Lol of course barb girls too ;-)

Chicago Discus
05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
With the big move and construction of my new fish Room being so close to NADA it's just bad timing for me to bring some Discus down but I will be there and look forward to meeting everyone especially my GURU Andrew Soh :) .......Josie

JenTN
05-28-2012, 12:01 PM
I just registered, and decided to bring one of my cobalts to the show. I know I don't have a chance to win, but it will be a good learning experience. I also will be brining cobalt fry.

nwehrman
05-28-2012, 04:08 PM
It is all falling into place for me to get to go too.... Im getting really excited also. Will not be able to bring any to show, we are arriving on Tuesday to see the sights also but happy I will get to be there!

Nicole

Chad Adams
05-29-2012, 01:27 PM
It is all falling into place for me to get to go too.... Im getting really excited also. Will not be able to bring any to show, we are arriving on Tuesday to see the sights also but happy I will get to be there!
Nicole

Nicole,

We will be at the hotel early on Thursday to set-up. Feel free to stop down & say hello. Are you staying in the same hotel?

Chad

nwehrman
05-29-2012, 03:04 PM
I will stop by... And gladly help out anyway I can. Know we plan on going to the Aquarium and Zoo on Wed and Thursday but will gladly help out when we're not touring. We check into the host hotel on Tues pm.

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discus-n00b
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Chad sent you a PM.

Also, I'll be there Weds afternoon, so I'd be glad to help setup or whatever on Thursday.

LizStreithorst
06-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I'll have my fish in the show. I've already reserved my tanks. Enter your fish. My home breds won't win anything, but I will get an education from having entered them. I am so much looking forward to learning things I didn't know before.

Enter your fish. You will learn a lot.

Skip
06-04-2012, 07:21 PM
I'll have my fish in the show. I've already reserved my tanks. Enter your fish. My home breds won't win anything, but I will get an education from having entered them. I am so much looking forward to learning things I didn't know before.

Enter your fish. You will learn a lot.

will they be for sale ;)

LizStreithorst
06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Some will be, some will not.

yim11
06-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I happen to know for a fact that there will significant opportunities to purchase or possibly win many show fish. ;)

magewynd
06-04-2012, 08:30 PM
How's the webcam idea for those of us who have to stay home? Live auctions from NADA.
I happen to know for a fact that there will significant opportunities to purchase or possibly win many show fish. ;)

Kingdom Come Discus
06-04-2012, 09:36 PM
How's the webcam idea for those of us who have to stay home? Live auctions from NADA.

What a great idea. Anyone have ideas on this?

yim11
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I have a live feed in the works, initial testing was good. As long as the hotel gives me a good internet connection we should be able to provide a live feed!

Lenin
06-04-2012, 09:49 PM
OMG, that would be sweet.

Second Hand Pat
06-04-2012, 10:02 PM
I have a live feed in the works, initial testing was good. As long as the hotel gives me a good internet connection we should be able to provide a live feed!

Hope there is a good zoom on the camera to show off the show fish. Super idea.

yim11
06-04-2012, 10:41 PM
We have a netbook option and a cell phone option, as expected the cell quality is, well, what you would expect from a cell cam. LOL. The netbook feed was good in testing, I wouldn't judge a fish from it but you can easily see most details.

Second Hand Pat
06-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I am bring a little red wild discus for the show and I will be placing it in the auction on Sunday. The proceeds from this fish will be donated to NADA for the next show in 2014.

So if you are selling a fish in the auction, consider donating some or all the proceeds to NADA and allow these guys a summer off. With this kick-*** show they will certainly deserve it.

Discus-n00b
06-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I have plans to take a lot of pictures too, as well as maybe some time lapse video, and I'll be posting those each day or so (video and timelapse probably after I get back from the show). So those not at the convention can see something. Like I said, I'll be the one with a camera constantly LOL.

yim11
06-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I am bring a little red wild discus for the show and I will be placing it in the auction on Sunday. The proceeds from this fish will be donated to NADA for the next show in 2014.

So if you are selling a fish in the auction, consider donating some or all the proceeds to NADA and allow these guys a summer off. With this kick-*** show they will certainly deserve it.

Thank you very much Pat! NADA can accommodate whatever donations folks wish to give, and it is greatly appreciated! It's great to get down time after a show, but it's short lived as it can take a while to pull everything together for the next one. Great folks like yourself that help make it possible!

I have plans to take a lot of pictures too, as well as maybe some time lapse video, and I'll be posting those each day or so (video and timelapse probably after I get back from the show). So those not at the convention can see something. Like I said, I'll be the one with a camera constantly LOL.

^ This is where the HIGH QUALITY stuff will come from. Always trust a Pro. Thanks for your help Matt, maybe I can finally buy you that beverage I've owed you since the last show!

Chad Adams
06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks for your help Matt, maybe I can finally buy you that beverage I've owed you since the last show!

Seems as though I remember something like this????????????

First round of drinks are on me!

Hmmmmmmmm................

LizStreithorst
06-05-2012, 06:24 PM
I know that I promised a round. Maybe the third.

Chad Adams
06-06-2012, 08:22 AM
And This..........

OK, So if I've got this correct!!
I am IN... first round of cigars and beer are on me. LIZ, AL?
Round 1!!

Hey, I got the second round of drinks and cigars! Woohoo

Round 2!!

Third round will be on me, guys.

Round 3!!

I'll agree to buy the fourth round and then we'll all be on our way to getting blasted. LoL, I didnt know fish shows attracted all the wild women or I would have been to some sooner. :)
Round 4!!
Anyone else wanna join!!

Skip
06-06-2012, 08:24 AM
And This..........

OK, So if I've got this correct!!
Round 1!!

Round 2!!

Round 3!!

Round 4!!
Anyone else wanna join!!

13th round!!!!!!

Second Hand Pat
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
13th round!!!!!!

Smart man, no one will remember :)

Mrylln
06-09-2012, 04:17 PM
That's what I would do if I was driving. I love the bucket method.

No fish with me. I'll be doing good to get myself there, and I'm really looking forward to it!

See y'all in Atlanta,
Mary

yogi
06-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Here are some suggestions for anyone bringing fish to show or selling at the NADA convention.

NADA is supplying sponge filters and heaters for all the tanks. But I need to let you know these sponge filters are not seeded. If you want to bring your own sponge filters you are allowed to do so. All you need to do is put it in a plastic bag with a twist and tie and most of the bacteria will survive en route to the show. The heaters we are supplying are brand new, but we are not responsible if a heater fails. We will have a temperature gun to periodically check temperatures throughout the day. If you want to bring your own heaters you are also allowed to do this.

For water changes we will have Rubbermaid trash cans to use. Some will have clean water and some will be for waste water. It's up to you if you want to bring your own hoses and nets, otherwise we will have them on hand for you to use. Most tanks will not have covers, but we will have saran wrap and scotch tape if you want to make a disposable top for your tank. We will also have rubbing alcohol and paper towels on hand. If you spill any water please let someone on staff know right away so we can get it mopped up. If you want to alter the parameters of your tanks water or want to bring your own water, you are allowed to do so. I do not know the tap water parameters of Atlanta water. Someone from Atlanta will have to tell us.

I'm looking forward to an awesome show and time in Atlanta.

JenTN
06-14-2012, 06:34 PM
I plan on (I said plan lol) bringing an O2 tank and bags/ rubber bands since I am bringing fry to sell. If we wind up in a pinch there I can share.

yim11
06-14-2012, 08:37 PM
If you think you might bring fish back (trust me - you will! ;) ) please consider bringing or getting whatever packing supplies you will need. Bags, rubber bands, O2, styro boxes, etc. aren't always easy to find at the show since there can be a lot of folks trying to find the same things. The more you can bring the better. Many of us have supplies we can bring for you if you let us know what you need in advance please.

Thanks

Second Hand Pat
06-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Jim, will we be needing to do WCs on our show fish? If so I guess a bucket WC is the only way?

yim11
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Jim, will we be needing to do WCs on our show fish? If so I guess a bucket WC is the only way?

Some folks do, some folks don't do any water changes. If you do want to change water, you can bring your own bucket/hose/water/etc or we will have the rubber maid cans Jerry mentions above for any ones use in the fish room.

Larry Bugg
06-14-2012, 08:57 PM

At Shows water changes are left up to the participants. As Jerry stated we will have the items you need to do water changes. But some people will want to bring their own instead of sharing. We will have supplied - 2 44 gallon Brut cans on wheels with fresh dechlorinated water. 2 44 gallon Brut cans on wheels for dirty tank water. We will have people watching to make sure these are always available. We will have some hoses for cleaning and nets if needed. Also some containers for transfering water to and from the cans and tanks.

Second Hand Pat
06-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks Guys, first show and all :)

Discus-n00b
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Selling styro coolers with cardboard exteriors....best offer. ;) LOL jk, I might have a few extra if people need them. I need to get rid of them so I don't fill them up coming home.

texasdiscusman
06-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Just twist my arm a little more

Chad Adams
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Kraig Koontz from "Kingdom Come Discus Haven" will be providing a large Oxygen tank.

JenTN
06-16-2012, 12:20 AM
I know I have a few hundred rubber bands if that helps anything. NADAs more than welcome to them.

JamesP
06-17-2012, 11:14 PM
I am able to make it and I am bringing 8 fish. Some are a little young but are some really nice Heckel cross that I bred and have been raising for about a year. Also a few wilds, Juparu Greens and Heckels. I am going to sell all of them in the auction on Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Only a few days left until Atlanta bound.

Jim

LizStreithorst
06-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Everyone is getting excited and nerveous. Me too. I'll have a few extra styro's and O2. I won't need to borrow rubber bands but I'll have none to share. I'm taking 10 fish and will sell 5 or 6 of them. Depending on what I see, I may bring a fish home.

TURQ64
06-18-2012, 12:03 AM
If my plans don't get derailed in the next few days, I may bring around 30 inch and a half Discus, 100 Black angels, and perhaps 100 rams....that should cover the expense from way up here to way down there..(ah, map orientation!)

Skip
06-18-2012, 12:10 AM
TURQ!! your coming!!

TURQ64
06-18-2012, 12:15 AM
It's a strong possibility at this point....

LizStreithorst
06-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Will you be selling the rams and angels out of your room, Gary? I asked and was told that I couldn't rent tank space in the show room for my Angels.

TURQ64
06-18-2012, 12:17 AM
well, I guess so....and all the rest, then, including the Discus

nwehrman
06-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Oh my getting really excited now! Starting to pack now...we leave on Tuesday! Sight seeing before hand with the family...

Nicole

Skip
06-18-2012, 12:37 AM
what else will you be selling out your room gary?? :) :)

TURQ64
06-18-2012, 12:40 AM
9mm hollowpoints...

LizStreithorst
06-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Only love and kindness out of my room.

TURQ64
06-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Well, I certainly won't be selling any 'love'; wrong gender, and besides, I'm sure that prostitution is illegal in Georgia!

yim11
06-18-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm sure that prostitution is illegal in Georgia!

It's vague...

TURQ64
06-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Jeez!...Just when I thought I had it figured out, the dealer in life's crapshoot intervenes..Daughter's car blows up out in the Badlands, and we get hit by a ton of tornadic activity at the homestead......everyone is o.k., everthing non human isn't...and the long range is more tornadoes by late Friday...
Everyone have a great time with my best wishes, but it'd be too negligent on my part to leave with all of the above mentioned...........Gary

Skip
06-18-2012, 08:21 AM
:(

bummer gary

Skip
06-18-2012, 08:22 AM
It's vague...

SWEET!!!!

nwehrman
06-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Bummer Gary!

Nicole

Second Hand Pat
06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Agree with the bummer Gary but home and family comes first. Hope you can pull things back together.

John_Nicholson
06-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear Gary. Will miss talking to you.

-john

TURQ64
06-18-2012, 09:40 AM
John, yep, chewing the fat with you was the first of my primary reasons for going ahead. Picking up already, as it's going to be too hot by afternoon..Small change tho compared to your fishroom losses this time last year....we'll make it happen sometime..

korbi_doc
06-18-2012, 10:09 AM
:sad::sad: So sorry Gary....ever since my move to Tn, have become more aware of tornadoes & the terrible damage & destruction they can cause...makes one really afraid when it starts, & this past yr has been just awful.....I pray that you & family come thru ok....

Dottie

Jeez!...Just when I thought I had it figured out, the dealer in life's crapshoot intervenes..Daughter's car blows up out in the Badlands, and we get hit by a ton of tornadic activity at the homestead......everyone is o.k., everthing non human isn't...and the long range is more tornadoes by late Friday...
Everyone have a great time with my best wishes, but it'd be too negligent on my part to leave with all of the above mentioned...........Gary

Disgirl
06-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Sure am sorry to hear this Gary. I was happy to hear you would be there and then kept reading and found out you won't. Take care of yourself, family and critters. You will be missed at NADA. Plan on 2014 for sure!
Barb

Kingdom Come Discus
06-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Sorry to hear the news too Gary. Don't know if I will ever get to meet you. Take care.

Skip
06-18-2012, 02:09 PM
this is for GARY for whenever he shows up! :)

http://www.highschoolrudyawards.com/images/rudy-shoulders.jpg

JenTN
06-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey I have a question...I won't be able to get there until Friday evening because of work. Is that too late to enter a show fish?

yim11
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Nope! But get it registered asap so they know to have a tank for it, the show is almost FULL!

JenTN
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Nope! But get it registered asap so they know to have a tank for it, the show is almost FULL!

Sorry, worded it wrong! I've already registered him, didn't know if it would be too late to put him in the tank. Thank you so much :-)

Discus-n00b
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Is there anything else needed other then purchasing it off of the NADA show site? Will it show up that you have registered X number of fish when you check in/register for the show?

yim11
06-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Is there anything else needed other then purchasing it off of the NADA show site? Will it show up that you have registered X number of fish when you check in/register for the show?

Nothing else needed once you purchase from the site, it will show up when you check in and we have someone in the show room to show you to your tanks.

Discus-n00b
06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Cool, sounds good.

shoveltrash
06-21-2012, 08:23 AM
so sorry to hear this Gary.
you will be missed!

Second Hand Pat
06-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Should be there about 4. Driving up now.

Dobes and Discus
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Hubby and I can't go to any of the seminars but would like to see all the exhibits and vendor booths. Do we have to register for admittance or is there a one day visitors fee?

Discus-Hans
06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I know there will be a few Stendker Discus in the show, a special transport is on it's way to Atlanta, Hans

Discus-Hans
06-21-2012, 02:22 PM
ohhh for those not going to the show (like me, sniffffff :( ) and are not able to see those Discus, here are some pictures:

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/Hans-Discus/Nada%202012/

Hans

PS I can tell you some of those are freaking swimming cows lol lol lol

April
06-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I was wondering if you were going Hans!
Well I'm not either lol. Maybe in two years. Yeah yeah. I say that everytime
But commitments when you run a business!

Altum Nut
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Hans,

I'm no judge or even close to grading a discus...but from my end there appears to be some dam nice show winners.
Maybe my friends Joe and Ron might just have enough cash to bring some of those back from NADA.

...Ralph

Discus-Hans
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I was wondering if you were going Hans!
Well I'm not either lol. Maybe in two years. Yeah yeah. I say that everytime
But commitments when you run a business!

You know how it goes April, without a good help I can leave longer as 12 hours my fish house. Little example today, I was just ready to leave the fish house, heard something strange ..... water..... went back in, a pipe just came lose, if that happens when I'm away for a weekend = system empty = .......... let say big problems lol lol lol

Hans,

I'm no judge or even close to grading a discus...but from my end there appears to be some dam nice show winners.
Maybe my friends Joe and Ron might just have enough cash to bring some of those back from NADA.

...Ralph

Hi Ralph,

If not winners, at least nice Discus lol lol THANK YOU!!!!!!

I think Moon will be to late, think most of the show Discus were sold already,

Hans

April
06-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah..you wouldn't want to come home to dried up discus! Stay home and tend the fish room!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ngcnh5

nwehrman
06-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Hans those are some nice fish!!

Nicole

Discus-Hans
06-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Hans those are some nice fish!!

Nicole

Thank You Nicole, all credits to Stendker, I'm just the Pimp lol lol

Hans

Discus-n00b
06-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Hans, the term cows is a huge understatement lol. What's bigger then a cow anyone know???

Discus-Hans
06-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Hans, the term cows is a huge understatement lol. What's bigger then a cow anyone know???

Elephant, Matt???? lol

Hans

joeymac
06-22-2012, 04:11 AM
Thank You Nicole, all credits to Stendker, I'm just the Pimp lol lol

Hans

Lol well put.

For what its worth I hear your an EXCELLENT pimp.

Too funny.