PDA

View Full Version : Pics of our discus

Griggsy
05-14-2012, 06:40 PM

Teshi
05-14-2012, 06:52 PM
I have such a poor eye for size, so I'll just ask. How big/old are they?

ktm4us6
05-14-2012, 10:36 PM
They look great.

Griggsy
05-14-2012, 10:41 PM
The 2 red and yellow ones are 4in and the what we think are snake skins are 2in. We have no idea what they actually are. LFS told us they are Marlboro Reds, every website has a different name, Marlboro Red, Red Melons, Sunshine etc, etc!We want to know what they actually are! As for the age and sex you have me. We just got them from our LFS, a week ago, and he held them in QT for 3 weeks to make sure they had no aliments. I'm guessing the smaller ones are still juvenile.

cjr8420
05-14-2012, 11:08 PM
they were sold as marlboros look like marlboros pepper like old marlboros i would say they are marlboros no real way anybody can prove anything different without knowing what the parents were.for the blues 9 bars = non SS ,14 bars = SS.i see one that is not a SS the other i cant see all bars hth

wavesurfer
05-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Nice pics! I especially like your second pic with the tree roots in the background. :)

Skip
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
thanks for sharing..

keep feeding and keep up the water changes.

vicdiscus
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I had nothing to say about your fish . I can understand that for the new rookie discus hobbies are learning about discus. I don't want to make you feel upset. Those fish are ok for you to Beginners to discus hobby.

For me, I would not breed them.

It is very important for me, to selection the best discus that how I can find.

You can raise your hand on top of tank for feeding , Discus will go after for it, Discus are very aggressive for food if there is no one discus hide in corner or something. That how I choice.

1 st , Look at ratio for eyes and body.

2 nd choice is nice round body

3 rd choice is nice smallest red eyes

4th nice fins, pectoral fin, pelvic fin, anal fin, tail fin, dorsal fin.

5th choice is nice colors pattern without hormone fed or colors fed.

My suggestion is next time if you want to buy more discus, you should contact to your location discus breeders or find simply discus sponsors. We have lot of GREAT discus sponsors and location discus breeders are always willing to help you.

cheers
Duncan