PDA

View Full Version : Fenbendazole

Elizabth
05-21-2012, 10:19 PM
What brand of Fenbendazole do you recommend, and where can I find it? My local feed store has some, but I'm hesitant to put anything not intended for fish use in my tank. Thanks in advance.

vicdiscus
05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
I think Fruan 2

chrisb01
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
I think Fruan 2

That's Furan 2 :-)

What about Levamisole?

vicdiscus
05-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Levamisole, I had never heard about that.. What is drug items?

TURQ64
05-22-2012, 08:41 AM
I use Fenben from Dr.ArthurWells on ebay. 100%, reasonably priced.He includes dosing for every animal walking swimming, or flying....
Levamisole is not Fenben.
Furan is an antibiotic (Nitrofurans)
other than taht, you've lost me...

LizStreithorst
05-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Cool. Good to know that there's an alternative to Buying from the UK or from Charles.

brewmaster15
05-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Jehmco sells Fenbendazole as well at a fair price.

What brand of Fenbendazole do you recommend, and where can I find it? My local feed store has some, but I'm hesitant to put anything not intended for fish use in my tank. Thanks in advance. becareful...Fenbendazole in any form should not be added to the water... it will have very bad consequences for your fish. This med is only good added to food when used with aquarium fish.

Caution... FLUBENDAZOLE and FENBENDAZOLE though chemically related are not the same thing...please becareful.

Hth,
al

chrisb01
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Levamisole is not Fenben.

But don't they serve the same purpose?

Eddie
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
But don't they serve the same purpose?

They can both deworm, yes, in feed. Levamisole can be added to the water directly but as Al stated, Fenbendazole will cause problems if its added to the water.

LizStreithorst
05-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Caution... FLUBENDAZOLE and FENBENDAZOLE though chemically related are not the same thing...please becareful.
al

I know better, Brew. Had a brain fart is all...

Elizabth
05-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Awesome - thanks. I dosed my tank with levamisole (vermisole) at 1.2 g/10gal 24h blacked out and it stressed my fish but did nothing for worms.

I've scoured the net and most info I've found is in personal accounts. It's hard to form a conclusion from anecdotes but what I've deduced is that sometimes its sensitive to levamisole sometimes fenbendazole - have seen people try levamisole to no avail and then have great success with fenbendazole and vice versa. I think that this could be because there are several species of camallanus or because of resistance but not sure.

Any input/feedback on this is greatly appreciated!

Berylla
03-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Jehmco sells Fenbendazole as well at a fair price.

becareful...Fenbendazole in any form should not be added to the water... it will have very bad consequences for your fish. This med is only good added to food when used with aquarium fish.

Hth,
al

A fish keeper insists the Fenbedazole can used in water safely. I've read in a few websites that it can be used in water. Which is right?

http://www.fishchemical.com/FULL-PRODUCT-LIST-FENBENDAZOLE-22943.Item.html

DISCUS STU
06-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I use a medicated Fenbendazole flake from AngelsPlus which comes in various sized bags and seems very economical. This is part of my qaurantine regimen. I think it has garlic in it to make it more palatable for the fish.

It would be good to know where I could buy some affordably to add to a turkey heart mixture.