PDA

View Full Version : NADA Raffle Ricky Lim Red Golden Diamonds from Florida Discus

Larry Bugg
05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
[CENTER]NADA IS VERY PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE OUR NEXT RAFFLE SPONSORED BY
FLORIDADISCUS.COM
*Ricky Lim Red Golden Diamonds*

NADA is offering an opportunity to win a Proven breeding pair of Ricky Lim Red Golden Diamonds provided by Florida Discus!
Delivered to your front door!! (Sorry at this time is US shipping only)

This proven pair is gorgeous as you can see from the video. The male is at 6" and the female is just over 5 1/2". This delightful pair was chosen for the raffle because they are regular spawners and exceptional, protective parents. Your net won't have a chance against these 2 when you try to take their babies.

Shipping to your front door is included in the price of your raffle ticket!

The raffle is limited to 250 tickets and/or ends on Wednesday June 6th at 10pm E/T. Tickets sell out fast, so don't wait!

See them here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uQMjlLQ_Gz8#

But wait........ There's more!!!

Marion emailed me this morning and has added a bonus to this raffle by including a breeding cone and sponge filter to the winner.

http://floridadiscus.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=14&Itemid=108

NADA would like to thank Marion and everyone else at FloridaDiscus.com for their generous donation.

Larry Bugg
05-23-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm in. Just bought my tickets.

DLock3d
05-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Not gonna lie. I want these fish. I'm in.

chaoslite
05-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I am so in!

Mishka

JenTN
05-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Yall are screwed. My daughter has won two raffles in 6 months. LOL. I'm gonna have her type in the cc info or something :)

wdeleon01
05-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm in!!!! These guys will be mine all mine. LOLOL

ZX10R
05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Some one just needs to throw a fish my way for buying the most raffle tickets. I have bought 4-8 tickets every raffle but one and still not a winner. Come on I'll even take a ugly fish :D JK!!!!

yim11
05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Some one just needs to throw a fish my way for buying the most raffle tickets. I have bought 4-8 tickets every raffle but one and still not a winner. Come on I'll even take a ugly fish :D JK!!!!

I've done the exact same thing since the first auction, this is the 2nd one I won't be able to participate in. I finally did win one, so I think your time will eventually come!

dadecountyalan
05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
im in!!!!!!!!!

please i got to win sometime!

Second Hand Pat
05-23-2012, 01:40 PM
What a beautiful pair...nicely matched.

DiscusDrew
05-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Just bought a couple and responded to the other thread, thanks for everything you guys do and once again we will await anxiously to see who gets the joy of raising these little guys' offspring. Beautiful fish!

DiscusDrew
05-23-2012, 02:16 PM
And heck with a sponge and a breeding cone you could almost just set them up in your bathroom's bathtub!! haha..... or the more conventional in which case still really all you need is a tank!! Amazing raffle!

strawberryblonde
05-23-2012, 02:41 PM
And heck with a sponge and a breeding cone you could almost just set them up in your bathroom's bathtub!! haha..... or the more conventional in which case still really all you need is a tank!! Amazing raffle!

I have a nice big jacuzzi in my master bath that only gets used for soaking driftwood..hmmm... breeding tank! LOL

JenTN
05-23-2012, 02:51 PM
I have a nice big jacuzzi in my master bath that only gets used for soaking driftwood..hmmm... breeding tank! LOL

Lol my mom & I live together...my daughter won a 10 gallon tank at a raffle this weekend. Mom posted on facebook this weekend that she was worried we were gonna boot her out of her bedroom to make space for fish :-p

nc0gnet0
05-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Some one just needs to throw a fish my way for buying the most raffle tickets. I have bought 4-8 tickets every raffle but one and still not a winner. Come on I'll even take a ugly fish JK!!!!

Bah thats not a lot ...I want these!

Rick

nc0gnet0
05-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Just so You know Larry that paypal was not an error. People got two days tops to get thier tickets...you have been warned!

Rick

Larry Bugg
05-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Just so You know Larry that paypal was not an error. People got two days tops to get thier tickets...you have been warned!

Rick

I'm not getting the receipts this rafflel but I assume you just bought a bunch with paypal and you expect the 250 max to be reached in a couple of days.

yim11
05-23-2012, 06:50 PM
WOW. This raffle is almost over folks!!!!!!!!!

Florida Discus
05-23-2012, 06:52 PM
You're very welcome! It is our pleasure.

Good luck everybody!

yogi
05-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Jim and I are getting the receipts on this raffle. I emailed Jim that we need to contact this guy in case that is a typo. Jim responded and sent me to Simply to see it was for real. I wish you good luck. If your interested in this raffle I have to say hurry up and buy your tickets. Our old record was 125 tickets sold in the first day and we are already way past that.

Larry Bugg
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Jim and I are getting the receipts on this raffle. I emailed Jim that we need to contact this guy in case that is a typo. Jim responded and sent me to Simply to see it was for real. I wish you good luck. If your interested in this raffle I have to say hurry up and buy your tickets. Our old record was 125 tickets sold in the first day and we are already way past that.

GOOD GOLLY!!

Guess I had better buy a few more. It is a good cause after all.

Skip
05-23-2012, 07:06 PM
i got some!!!!!!

DiscusDrew
05-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Just bought another round of tickets!!! Come on people lets make history and close this raffle out in a day!!! Thanks to Rick I think we have a chance.....Of course he probably has about a 85 percent chance of winning but hell, we can grab that other 15%!!! haha

Keith Perkins
05-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Just bought another round of tickets!!! Come on people lets make history and close this raffle out in a day!!! Thanks to Rick I think we have a chance.....Of course he probably has about a 85 percent chance of winning but hell, we can grab that other 15%!!! haha

I'll be happier if the pair ends up on the other side of Lake Michigan from Rick. :D Got my tickets purchased.

JenTN
05-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Bought mine..just one though, Im on a beach budget :-D

a volar
05-23-2012, 09:20 PM
OK....... I just purchase the 2nd round of tickets........... those discus are beautiful!!!

yim11
05-24-2012, 01:11 AM
This is truly amazing. At 10:47am Larry posted this raffle, at 11:47pm I got the final receipt to end the raffle at exactly 250 tickets. This is a NADA raffle record! A very big Thanks to Florida Discus for making this incredible raffle possible. We really appreciate the support!!

Ready for the winner??? ;)

DiscusDrew
05-24-2012, 01:13 AM
LETS DO THIS THING!!!! Thats amazing I knew we could do it!!! How incredible, thats awesome.

nc0gnet0
05-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Great fish...Great cause!

gl everyone

wdeleon01
05-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Wow don't have to wait long to have this beautiful pair in my tank.

Melissa
05-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Damn!!! Missed this had a busy day! :( :( :(

Btw LOVEyour avatar Walter :)

wdeleon01
05-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Thanks Melissa she is so beautiful.

Kingdom Come Discus
05-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Wow very impressive. Thanks Flordia Discus.

Chad Adams
05-24-2012, 07:39 AM
This is truly amazing. At 10:47am Larry posted this raffle, at 11:47pm I got the final receipt to end the raffle at exactly 250 tickets. This is a NADA raffle record! A very big Thanks to Florida Discus for making this incredible raffle possible. We really appreciate the support!!
Ready for the winner??? ;)

Wow, This was fun to watch. Thanks Marion & Good Luck to all the ticket buyers!

Btw LOVEyour avatar Walter :)

Me too, Nice fish.

Chad

ZX10R
05-24-2012, 07:52 AM
I made one post come back the next morning and already sold out. I guess this will be two raffles I missed then :(

nwehrman
05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Impressive - glad I bought mine the one time I got on yesterday!

So when is the drawing now?? Since it sold out in record time...

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad Adams
05-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Impressive - glad I bought mine the one time I got on yesterday!
So when is the drawing now?? Since it sold out in record time...
Nicole

Glad you got your tickets too Nicole.

The drawing will pretty much be right away. Jim(Yim11) will be doing this time, he will setup & draw soon.

Chad

korbi_doc
05-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Wow, just got home, am I too late??? Dottie

Do I read it's sold out???

Skip
05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Wow, just got home, am I too late??? Dottie

Do I read it's sold out???

yep .. in less then 24 hrs. :)

yim11
05-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I am going to draw and post the winner between 3 and 3:30 today central time. I will also post a video like Larry has previously of the winner selection. Good Luck everyone!!!!

Thanks,
-jim

wdeleon01
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Me too, Nice fish.

Chad

Thank You she is watching over wigglers right now, that's whats on the side of the tank glass. The cell phone camera doesnt do her justice. Her colors are more intense in person

Skip
05-24-2012, 03:34 PM
ITS 3pm!!

somewhere!

Eddie
05-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Nice pair

yim11
05-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Congrats to ‎nc0gnet0!!!!!!!! He is the lucky winner of this wonderful pair!

Here is the video of the winning number being drawn - http://youtu.be/xuuMdaPPNbI

I want to thank all the great folks at Florida Discus for making this record setting raffle possible!

Stay tuned for the next raffle - it's going to be B I G ! ! !

Skip
05-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Congrats to ‎nc0gnet0!!!!!!!! He is the lucky winner of this wonderful pair!

Here is the video of the winning number being drawn - http://youtu.be/xuuMdaPPNbI

I want to thank all the great folks at Florida Discus for making this record setting raffle possible!

Stay tuned for the next raffle - it's going to be B I G ! ! !

WHAT?!! that NUMBER GENERATOR IS CULTURALLY BIASED!!!!!!!!

congrats my friend!! :)

Second Hand Pat
05-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Congrats Rick, figured you would win.

a volar
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM

wdeleon01
05-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Congratulations Rick!!! Now i have to find something else to put in my tank. LOLOL. Rick I guess you were really serious when you posted that it wasnt a mistake about the amount of the paypal.

BrandyK
05-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Congratulations

JenTN
05-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Dear Lord Rick, how many tix did u buy? Lol,.congrats!

ZX10R
05-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Second time winner some people just have all the luck. Since you seem to have a endless amount of breeding fish now when are you going to start selling those babies :)

Congrats again :(

a volar
05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I was dreaming last night that I won............ congratulations!!

Larry Bugg
05-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Second time winner some people just have all the luck. Since you seem to have a endless amount of breeding fish now when are you going to start selling those babies :)

Congrats again :(

He didn't leave a whole lot to luck.

Congrats Rick. If I couldn't win then I'm glad you did.

nwehrman
05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Congrats Rick!

Nicole

nc0gnet0
05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I was actually kind of shocked that the last raffle didn't sell out, And I wanted to make sure this one did. Not to mention that I have been looking for a female just like this. Add to this that I just came into a little extra $ and it was the perfect storm. Had I had the ability to do this on the last raffle I would have. People better not drag there feet on the next one ;) It is after all for a great cause!

thanks all
Rick

Larry Bugg
05-24-2012, 05:17 PM
BETTER CHECK IN HOURLY/DAILY, LOL. THE NEXT ONE COULD BE ANY MINUTE/DAY NOW!!!! THINK THIS ONE WAS GOOD...............................JUST WAIT. THIS ONE WENT SO FAST THAT INSTEAD OF ONE MORE WE MIGHT JUST FIT IN TWO AND THEY WILL BOTH BE DOOSIES.

nwehrman
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Oooo the suspense...

Nicole

chaoslite
05-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Congratulations Rick!!!!

Mishka

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ZX10R
05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
BETTER CHECK IN HOURLY/DAILY, LOL. THE NEXT ONE COULD BE ANY MINUTE/DAY NOW!!!! THINK THIS ONE WAS GOOD...............................JUST WAIT. THIS ONE WENT SO FAST THAT INSTEAD OF ONE MORE WE MIGHT JUST FIT IN TWO AND THEY WILL BOTH BE DOOSIES.

I am not waiting around next time I am going to have my credit card set on speed dial.

baeya
05-24-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm in!! Will have to buy a new tank if I win but, I'm in!!

Chad Adams
05-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm in!! Will have to buy a new tank if I win but, I'm in!!

You may need to buy a couple tanks.....

Skip
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
You may need to buy a couple tanks.....

TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baeya
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, I thought I was in...... Got an email that my ticket had been voided because it sold out. I'm new on this forum and only got to the first few posts on this thread and quickly purchased a ticket. I got an email confirmation for the purchase.

I didn't finish reading the thread, so I guess it's my fault for not reading that it was sold out.
But, isn't there some way to stop the sale of tickets when it's sold out??? I'm very dissapointed.

Skip
05-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, I thought I was in...... Got an email that my ticket had been voided because it sold out. I'm new on this forum and only got to the first few posts on this thread and quickly purchased a ticket. I got an email confirmation for the purchase.

I didn't finish reading the thread, so I guess it's my fault for not reading that it was sold out.
But, isn't there some way to stop the sale of tickets when it's sold out??? I'm very dissapointed.

well, page 2 post 27.. yim11 stated it was sold out in 13 hours

thats about all they can do.. :)

Larry Bugg
05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Well we thought we had that taken care of. As soon as we hit 250 tickets we turned if off on the NADA site so you couldn't get to the link but apparently the link on this thread somehow bypassed that and still allowed you to get to authorize.net and purchase. I can't tell you much more than that because I have NO programing experience but as soon as someone notified us of the situation this morning I passed it on to our web people so they could figure it out. I'm very sorry you had this experience and we will try to insure it doesn't happen again. I also removed the link on this thread and on the NADA forum as soon as I found out.

baeya
05-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Yes, I see that now.
My question is; Why don't they stop selling tickets when the raffle is sold out? There was plenty of time between the end of the raffle and when I purchased my ticket for them to stop selling them. Even simple software would take care of limiting the sales. I have a web store and have the capability to stop sales after so many have been sold.

Our posts crossed. It seems these raffles have been going on long enough for someone to figure out how to stop the sales at 250. I hope someone figures it out soon. Like I said before, I would have known it was sold out if I had continued to read the whole thread but, I didn't. So I guess it's mostly my fault....

Skip
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
don't worry.. there is one more raffle coming.. maybe two..

so be looking for NADA RAFFLE #9..

baeya
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
My post crossed and I altered my post to reflect what was said. Like I said, there is very simple software, which they probably have, to stop sales when an item is sold out. No one needs to be there to do it. And, yes, it was my fault.

Second Hand Pat
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
NADA in a not for profit organization.

Skip
05-25-2012, 11:29 AM
My post crossed and I altered my post to reflect what was said. Like I said, there is very simple software, which they probably have, to stop sales when an item is sold out. No one needs to be there to do it. And, yes, it was my fault.

i did edit also.. seems lot of post were crossing.. :)

but this next one is supposed to be MOTHER OF ALL RAFFLES!

baeya
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
LOL!! Lots of posting and editing!!

Skip
05-25-2012, 11:33 AM
baeya.. i am sure this last raffle will really lite the FIRE under SD/NADA members to BUY EARLY and QUICK!

baeya
05-25-2012, 11:39 AM
From what I can tell, these raffles do sell out very quickly! I will make sure I read the whole thread before I purchase another ticket. Like Bugman said, they turned off the sales on the NADA site but, didn't realize that the link here was still working. I can understand that and I'm sure that it won't happen in future raffles. Thank you for the quick response in this matter and continued success with the raffles!

Larry Bugg
05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
don't worry.. there is one more raffle coming.. maybe two..

so be looking for NADA RAFFLE #9..

well.............................maybe 3. Did I say that?

Skip
05-25-2012, 11:41 AM
baeya.. not true.. the one before.. did not make it to 250.. it was just under.. some of them last like 7-10 days..

this one just got eveyone all worked up.. guess cuz NADA/ATLANTA is very close

baeya
05-25-2012, 11:47 AM
It was a beautiful pair! I can't believe I didn't read the whole thread before trying to purchase the ticket... I got so excited when I saw the pair, I couldn't help myself! I'm new to this forum and still learning the layout.....LOL. I haven't even posted in the welcome section, yet.....my bad. I will soon, though.... :)

Larry Bugg
05-25-2012, 11:49 AM
From what I can tell, these raffles do sell out very quickly! I will make sure I read the whole thread before I purchase another ticket. Like Bugman said, they turned off the sales on the NADA site but, didn't realize that the link here was still working. I can understand that and I'm sure that it won't happen in future raffles. Thank you for the quick response in this matter and continued success with the raffles!

Actually we usually don't sell out. Typically we have a hard hit the first day and then it dies off till the last day and we get a hard hit again but usually stay barely under the limit so this hasn't been a issue in the past. This raffle amazed us all and certainly caught us off guard. As Pat pointed out NADA is a non-profit and all volunteer so we do all of this while doing our real jobs. This raffle was so crazy that Jim stayed up late to monitor it knowing that it would probably close out. I appreciate your understanding.

NOW HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS.............THIS NEXT RAFFLE IS GOING TO BE CRAZY. CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT BUILDING TO THE NADA SHOW ONE MONTH FROM TODAY. HAVE YOU MADE YOUR RESERVATIONS YET. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY THE SPECIAL HOTEL RATE WILL BE GONE.

nc0gnet0
05-25-2012, 12:19 PM
NOW HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS.............THIS NEXT RAFFLE IS GOING TO BE CRAZY. CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT BUILDING TO THE NADA SHOW ONE MONTH FROM TODAY. HAVE YOU MADE YOUR RESERVATIONS YET. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY THE SPECIAL HOTEL RATE WILL BE GONE.

Dam-I might just have to buy even more tickets this time......;)

Rick

chaoslite
05-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Stop teasing!! Oh what do I care I do not even have a spare tank. Then again if I win it maybe someone will hold the fish for me...lol

Mishka

Second Hand Pat
05-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Dam-I might just have to buy even more tickets this time......;)

Rick

NADA will love you for it Rick :)

JenTN
05-25-2012, 12:48 PM
This is worse than waiting on Taylor Swift tix to go on sale for my daughter lol.

BrandyK
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
NOW HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS.............THIS NEXT RAFFLE IS GOING TO BE CRAZY. CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT BUILDING TO THE NADA SHOW ONE MONTH FROM TODAY. HAVE YOU MADE YOUR RESERVATIONS YET. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY THE SPECIAL HOTEL RATE WILL BE GONE.[/COLOR]

Were's the new raffle? Waiting SUCKS! LOL

Larry Bugg
05-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Were's the new raffle? Waiting SUCKS! LOL

WELL WAIT NO MORE.

Keith Perkins
05-26-2012, 12:52 PM
WELL WAIT NO MORE.

??? Still waiting. :)

JenTN
05-26-2012, 12:56 PM
??? Still waiting. :)
+1

yim11
05-26-2012, 12:58 PM
I think he's posting it as we type!!!!!

Keith Perkins
05-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I figured, but that's still not a good reason not to pick on him when you've got the chance. :D

Larry Bugg
05-26-2012, 01:13 PM
I figured, but that's still not a good reason not to pick on him when you've got the chance. :D

LOL, it is up now.

baeya
05-26-2012, 01:34 PM
I signed in just at the right time!!

BrandyK
05-26-2012, 08:33 PM
WELL WAIT NO MORE.

Sweet got my tickets!