PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is getting some dwarf puffers :-)

JenTN
05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
My 10 year old won a 10 gallon at our lfs raffle. She's had a tough year and came out on honor roll and a medal and good citizenship award, so she deserves it! Shes also done very well taking care of her Babies from Hans and helps feed my pair..she was the one that coaxed the female to eat and then to hand feed-she has a way with animals. She really wanted guppies, until she saw the puffers! So after it's cycled, were going to plant it and add 2 dp's and some ottos and a.few shrimp. She is super excited, Ill post pics when the tank is setup. I cant feed bloodworms (apparantly their staple) so we'll see if they like Al's fdbws as much as the discus. I read on a puffer forum that they are demanding and require 50% weekly wc...keeping discus, i was like demanding??? 50% weekly in a 10 gal will be like a vacation lol.

TNT77
05-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Just warning you the shrimp wont last long with the puffers and sometimes neither will the ottos depending on the puffer.

TNT77
05-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Are you getting dwarf or pea puffers? I think the pea puffers are just too cute.

JenTN
05-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Are you getting dwarf or pea puffers? I think the pea puffers are just too cute.

I think they are pea puffers...labeled as bb puffers. Trying to learn on puffer forum. I figured shrimps will b a good snack & something to chase, hopefully ottos will b safe.

DerekFF
05-24-2012, 08:26 PM
bb puffer, pea puffer its all the same. I have pea puffers who get a WC like once a month lol. They dont care as long as it isnt dirty water. They are meat eaters though. Live brine, worms, frozen mysis are all good bets. Ive found ghost shrimp are half safe since they get so big, but sometimes come up with missing legs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2