PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Discus

kwroberto
05-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Hello, I just started getting into the world of discus and so far I absolutely love it, my question is where is the best place I can buy discus? I live in southern PA and a few minutes drive from that fish place, but I don't like their fish, I don't want to buy online,(I will if I have too) but I would rather see first hand what I am buying....does anyone have any suggestions? I'm new to this forum and I hope you guys can help. I am looking at some of the sponsors on here but would still like some suggestions. Thank You :)

vicdiscus
05-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Welcome to SD, I suggest you can buy your location discus breeder near your home and check out with the link http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?184-IGO-PRO-(David-Rose)-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania

hedut
05-27-2012, 06:26 PM
All SD sponsor have beautiful fish

stac545
05-27-2012, 06:43 PM
What county do you live in? I wouldnt buy any discus in our area. Shipping from Hans to our area is really reasonable.

Stacy

kwroberto
05-27-2012, 08:52 PM
I live near Lancaster PA, Hans is not that far from me. Does he have good quality discus? Patient with newbies :)

DerekFF
05-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I live near Lancaster PA, Hans is not that far from me. Does he have good quality discus? Patient with newbies :)

Some of the best

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

stac545
05-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Excellent fish, definitely check him out. Look at his sponsor page here. You could make a road trip.

Floppy Fin's
05-27-2012, 09:01 PM
If your fortunate enough to live within driving distance from Discus Hans, call him and make a appointment to visit. He is very busy Dutchman, but he loves his discus, and loves to show off.. You will never be disappointed, and will probably take home some gorgeous discus.
There are other suppliers that have webpages here too and highly touted and respected.. I personally purchased a dozen discus from Discus Hans, and was given the best of service.. Shipping is excellent, but you will find expensive. So if you live close.. go see him.
Floppy Fin's.. also a newbie here, but not to Discus.

kwroberto
05-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice.... I will defanitaly give him a try...I love road trips :)

peglegderek
05-27-2012, 11:56 PM
i live real close to ya in SE PA i buy from Hans and the shipping cost are very afordable since we live so close to him! you cant go wrong with Hans!!!

tonytheboss1
05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
I live near Lancaster PA, Hans is not that far from me. Does he have good quality discus? Patient with newbies

:bandana: Personal +++ for Hans & yes he is very patient, just busy. Quality & choices are excellent & many. Prices are fair market, but the biggest selling point for me was CUSTOMER SREVICE!!! I purchased 8 & am shaping up for five more. There are other discus breeders here & about but HANS gets my vote hands down. Check his site, chk my posts pics. You won't be disappointed. "T"

Harry Marsh
05-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Although any sponsor will provide nice fish, I'd suggest doing research on what strain you like the most
After you've figured that out, start shopping the sponsors that provide that strain

And have at it.

If you don't start with the strain that catches your eye the most, you'll always be thinking, "I should have..."
So, start with what you want, first. Otherwise, you'll end up with 10 tanks like the rest of us.
That may happen regardless, but my advice might save you a year or two and a tank or two :)

Eddie
05-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Otherwise, you'll end up with 10 tanks like the rest of us.
That may happen regardless, but my advice might save you a year or two and a tank or two :)

Nothin wrong with that! LOL

JenTN
05-28-2012, 12:19 PM
Wish I were that close to Hans! I'm thinking of taking the kids to Washington, D.C. in the next couple years just so I can swing up to Hans's place before heading back home :-) Oh, and so we can see the White House and stuff. LOL