PDA

View Full Version : Moving Angelfish from QT tank

Big-Ken
06-08-2012, 09:48 PM
My red koi angels have been in QT for 28 days and I would like to move them into the planted display tank but I am injecting co2 into that tank and my pH is 6.6 and the QT is at 7.4 which is my regular pH, what is the best way to acclimate them to an almost full point drop?? Should I drip acclimate them or just plop and drop??

shoveltrash
06-09-2012, 07:45 AM
I would NOT plop & drop from 7.4 to 6.6pH. they need to be acclimated slowly to a almost full point drop imho.
I have some Red Koi Angels! where did you get yours?

Big-Ken
06-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Ya I didnt think plop and drop was the way to go ill just throw them in a bucket and slowly drip acclimate them

I got them from a local breeder, I love em. Here's a pic of one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/kmccox/2eb6c96c.jpg

Bud Smith
06-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Nice Koi - I add one cup of tank water every ten minutes to the container or bag holding the angels until I equal the amount of tank water to container water
When they have acclimated I add the fish only to the tank if Iam adding new angels to a established tank
Moving quarantine fish over to your display tank - I drop them in but my quarantine tank and display tank have the same water permaters

Big-Ken
06-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Ya normally I would just move them without acclimating but since the pH is so different I figured that wasn't a good idea