PDA

View Full Version : My NADA picture thread here

Disgirl
06-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I will take my laptop and my camera and will take pics each day to post here if any of you want to check in each day here. I am not a pro at pic taking like others at SD but I will take some to share the fun at NADA with those not there.
Barb

zimmjeff
06-17-2012, 01:05 PM
thank you. God I wish I could go.

Lt shinysides
06-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Any pics/video clips will do barb as I can't go would to see them, thanks!!
Lee

Discus-n00b
06-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Good idea Barb, I'll be doing something like this myself!

yusufm52
06-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Great this I'll get to see it cause I don't think I'll ever be able to see any discus show, well not at the moment I guess.. :)
Have already subscribed to this thread and eagerly wait for your updates.. :)

Yusufm52
sent from tapatalk2

stac545
06-17-2012, 05:11 PM
That is great that you are doing something like that. I wish I could go too but my two little kids are whats keeping me from going. The more pictures the better. Videos would be awesome too.

Thanks Barb.....

Stacy

Disgirl
06-17-2012, 08:21 PM
I will post some pics each evening of the convention, starting Thursday. Thanks for your encouragements!
Barb

shoveltrash
06-18-2012, 04:52 AM
great idea Barb! :D

Skip
06-18-2012, 09:14 AM
my facebook will have my NADA pics i can't post here :)

Disgirl
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Skip, you mean the kind of pics you wouldn't want an employer to see???

Skip
06-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Skip, you mean the kind of pics you wouldn't want an employer to see???

i don't know.. never been to NADA before.. should i be worried?!

Disgirl
06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
OK everybody, here are some pics to get started with. Thursday afternoon, just getting fish into the show/sale tanks. Lots of HUGE discus here. The hotel is nice, and we should all have a good time. Will post more pics tomorrow and the next 2 days. I will set up my tables of cones and caves later tonight. All the lectures start tomorrow morning. Judging is Sat. afternoon to give the fish time to settle in after their trips here. Have met many people already, Liz, Pat, Josie, Jim, Jerry, Chad, Matt, and a few others I have forgotten names of. Pics now:
Barb

warblad79
06-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank You! for the pictures. I wish I could go

blueangel150
06-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I can't wait to be there tomorrow afternoon im so exited! Thanx bar for all the good work u sharing!

fattubwhale
06-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

yusufm52
06-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Yes pictures.. :-)

Yusufm52
sent from tapatalk2

Cityofangelfish
06-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Can't wait to see some photos myself.

CrazyAngels
06-22-2012, 03:26 AM
Barb, very sweet of you to share with us all not able to be there. It looks like awesome fish are showing up..

Orange Crush
06-22-2012, 04:09 AM
I wish it was possible to tag photos like you can on FB. I would love to know who everyone is!

Disgirl
06-22-2012, 02:45 PM
A few pics of my vendor booth at NADA>
Barb

wdeleon01
06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Looking really good Barb.

Keith Perkins
06-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Barb - I'd like to know what you have left after the show, if anything. I thought about getting two or three before the show, but figured since I didn't care that much what kind I got I'd what until after and see if I could help even out your inventory. :)

Swirled cones are my favorite I think though. :D

JenTN
06-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Looks great Barb!!!!

TropicalFishFanatic
06-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Thank you!!!

Melissa
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Awesome Barb!!!

April
06-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Very colorful . Great display. Good luck with the sales!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m20sx1

xxbenjamminxx
06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Barb - I'd like to know what you have left after the show, if anything. I thought about getting two or three before the show, but figured since I didn't care that much what kind I got I'd what until after and see if I could help even out your inventory. :)

Swirled cones are my favorite I think though. :D

+1 I am also looking for a couple myself. Not too picky about what ones, so let us know please whats left over afterwards.

Disgirl
06-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Thank you folks for your kind remarks. I will take a pic or two of my table before I pack up Sunday night. Then I can post it here in case any of you want anything. I have a few minutes now before Dick Au speaks so I thought I should post a few more pics I took this morning. Thanks for looking at them, also check out Matt's thread, he is taking all the fish photos, not me!
Barb

Altum Nut
06-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Barb...if i have any hope in trying to spawn my Altums I need one of those tall boys.
If you get a change to talk to Joe(Moon) tell him to bring one back for me.
The taller the better.
Great display and enjoy yourself. Wish everyone a good time from us all who could not make it.

...Ralph

Disgirl
06-23-2012, 07:19 AM
All taken care of Ralph, just talked with Joe. Lectures all day today then the banquet and awards tonight. Auction tomorrow. I can hardly believe how big these show fish are! My first time to see such huge fish in person.

Last night we had talks by Dick Au on all aspects of getting, growing/raising discus and breeding discus. It was a very interesting almost 2 hr talk. After a break we listened to Mike Beals telling just what is involved in becoming and staying in the discus import business. Just a ton of work, worry but rewarding also. Both men are wonderful speakers. Today we hear from Andrew Soh, Dr Denise Petty, and Dieter Untergasser. Tony Silva will speak at the banquet. Yesterday I spoke with Heiko Bleher!! He is here on his way from Italy to Mexico to give 7 lectures there. He is selling some of his books and cd's here too. He is a soft spoken man and remembered me from being on SD. He admired my glazed cones and asked if the bright colors scared the fish. I told him I hoped not!

More tomorrow or tonight, whenever I can get away to the lobby to use their free WiFi. Wish you were all here too!
Barb

Poco
06-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Very nice cones. More pics please.

Does anyone know if the video feed on http://nadaatlanta2012.com/ is going to work, if yes what time?

yusufm52
06-23-2012, 10:05 AM
There is a live feed please some tell the time would love to watch it..
:confused:
Yusufm52
sent from tapatalk2

Disgirl
06-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Here are a few more. Table of the awards to be presented at banquet tonight. Heiko Bleher and I. Group shot in the showroom, judging is going on right now. In group, left to right are:
Cambik (Steven), Bob (bobtools), Mike Beals, Liz Streithorst, Skip(Warlock) and Dottie(KorbiDoc) Rod helping Liz determine sex of a fish.
Barb

Poco
06-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks Barb.

Please ask Matt to post more pics, he is taking too long :D

Disgirl
06-23-2012, 05:42 PM
I have seen Matt taking pics all day long, sure he will have hundreds to choose from to show you all as soon as he can. He walks around all day with camera around his neck! Judging still going on, glad I am not a judge, they all look like winners to me!
Barb

magewynd
06-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks for your shots, Barb. They are great. Please have someone help our "roving reporter" Skip load his.

Wishing great sales for you too.

I have seen Matt taking pics all day long, sure he will have hundreds to choose from to show you all as soon as he can. He walks around all day with camera around his neck! Judging still going on, glad I am not a judge, they all look like winners to me!
Barb

jimg
06-23-2012, 06:07 PM
All taken care of Ralph, just talked with Joe. Lectures all day today then the banquet and awards tonight. Auction tomorrow. I can hardly believe how big these show fish are! My first time to see such huge fish in person.

Last night we had talks by Dick Au on all aspects of getting, growing/raising discus and breeding discus. It was a very interesting almost 2 hr talk. After a break we listened to Mike Beals telling just what is involved in becoming and staying in the discus import business. Just a ton of work, worry but rewarding also. Both men are wonderful speakers. Today we hear from Andrew Soh, Dr Denise Petty, and Dieter Untergasser. Tony Silva will speak at the banquet. Yesterday I spoke with Heiko Bleher!! He is here on his way from Italy to Mexico to give 7 lectures there. He is selling some of his books and cd's here too. He is a soft spoken man and remembered me from being on SD. He admired my glazed cones and asked if the bright colors scared the fish. I told him I hoped not!

More tomorrow or tonight, whenever I can get away to the lobby to use their free WiFi. Wish you were all here too!
Barb
sounds like fun keep us posted! Denise Petty is the one i send my fish to for necropsy. very nice and smart lady!

yusufm52
06-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks barb, finally I get to see the people who have helped me out.. :)
Keep us posted.

Yusufm52
sent from tapatalk2

Disgirl
06-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Well, it is all over now. The show room and other rooms we used are all empty, just a few overflowing trash cans left...

I took a lot of pics, hard to know which to post. I took pics last eve. of most of the show fish. But I am letting Matt show you his more professional fish pics. Here are some from the banquet last night, Josie and Mike Beals with his awards and she bought those fish from him. Also some of the guys doing some judging computer work, David Labelle and Chad, and one of my favorite discus, a Hans Dark Angel. It was gorgeous, all pink, lavender and turq. Looked like it was done in pale watercolors.

Disgirl
06-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Continued..Some of the tearing down work this morning, lots of water siphoned out the doors into the street!

Disgirl
06-24-2012, 05:35 PM
It was all so much fun, I hope more of you will be able to go to the next one in 2014, place yet to be determined. Anyone have any ideas? A local club/s would need to sponsor it. Lots of work and tons of fun!!! Thank you for following my little thread here. BTW, I was fortunate to have lots of customers at my vendor tables. I sold lots but have plenty to bring home and offer here at SD to those who are in need of cones, caves and other specialties. Will take some pics later in the week of what I have to offer. I took 200 lbs of clay made into cones and other things. Thank you all!
Barb

Poco
06-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks Barb for all the pics. All the pics posted by you, skip and matt, I can say I enjoyed the show from my living room :D

shoveltrash
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Barb I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to meet you :).
hope you had a safe trip home!

yusufm52
06-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks barb for the pictures Matt showed the pics and you showed the rest thank you. :)

Yusufm52
sent from tapatalk2

CrazyAngels
06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Barb, Indeed thank you so very much, as it's allowed us a view of the show at least thru yoou and others pictures. I'm just very sad I did not get to meet all of you in person. Maybe my 2014 schedule won't be so full of work/travel.

benico
06-24-2012, 08:27 PM
It was all so much fun, I hope more of you will be able to go to the next one in 2014, place yet to be determined. Anyone have any ideas? A local club/s would need to sponsor it. Lots of work and tons of fun!!! Thank you for following my little thread here. BTW, I was fortunate to have lots of customers at my vendor tables. I sold lots but have plenty to bring home and offer here at SD to those who are in need of cones, caves and other specialties. Will take some pics later in the week of what I have to offer. I took 200 lbs of clay made into cones and other things. Thank you all!
Barb

Barb, looking forward to your pictures... need to place an order ... I have a "shivering pair" :)

Disgirl
06-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Barb I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to meet you :).
hope you had a safe trip home!

Thanks everybody! Trish, I am still here! Leaving Atlanta Monday morning. All my new friends are gone, just me and a couple others left behind. It was too late for me to travel home today after all my packing up all pottery at lunch time today. Ate alone at RubyTuesday for dinner awhile ago.
Barb

shoveltrash
06-24-2012, 08:55 PM
awwww! i had no idea you were staying until Monday. well, safe travels tomorrow then ;)