PDA

View Full Version : Thank you NADA Organizers!

roclement
06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Just a perfect show! Well organized, great fish, great speakers, and the best part, incredible friends!

This was the best fish show I have been to in years! I got a chance to see plenty of old friends, as well as made a lot of new ones.
So many highlights, from speakers to simple chats in elevators.... cigars and single malt on the terrace....Mrs. Bugg keeping the bar open all night! Even Josie turning out to be a very cool (but crazy!) Person :)!

Thank you to all the organizers, sponsors, attendants, speakers...Mike Beals for the great fish...Josie for the ride....Jim and John for the judging class...Moon for the cigars & scotch...and to everyone else, it was great being there!

Rodrigo

Larry Bugg
06-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks Rod!!

I just finished unloading the trailer and Expedition. Not nearly packed as when I headed down on Thursday morning. This if my first time on the internet since Wed night. More later, I am absolutely whipped. Glad you had a great time.

Cambik
06-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes it was a great time. Everyone should plan on attending the next one once it is announced where it will be.....all I can say is it will be hard to top this one. Thanks for all the new friends and an outstanding group of hosts here in Atlanta.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

DonMD
06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
It was 650 miles driving down on Thursday, and just as many today coming back to Northern Virginia, and worth every mile. Congratulations to NADA, Larry and Chip and all the behind the scenes support staff. For me the best part of the show were the speakers. Outstanding. Andrew Soh is a HOOT! So, along with tremendous experience and knowledge, you get lots of great stories and personal asides. I'll post soon what he taught me about feeding discus! Dick Au was awesome, claiming that he doesn't know very much about genetics and breeding, then laying it all out for us. Such a thoughtful speaker, and so knowledgeable. Jim Beals really gave a lot of wanna-be importers a lot to think about, and more. People were furiously taking notes. Dr. Denise Petty gave us all a VERY CLOSE UP LOOK at my dreaded enemy- Cryptobia Ilubiens, with movies to boot. Great speaker with tremendous knowledge and credentials. Dieter Untergasser - the man himself. He claimed he couldn't cover all the topics in the time given, and then he gave us all the goods. I really enjoyed his detailed, clear and precise explanation on using microscopes in the fishroom - he's motivated me to go down that path. And Tony Silva the globetrotter gave us so many detailed glimpses into the Amazon region.

So, sure, the fish were great. But the speakers were real deal - you'll never find such a solid and knowledgeable group of discus experts in one room on one day, at least in this country. My last comment: Congratulations to the new NADA officers, and GOOD LUCK topping this show in two years! You'll need it.

All the best to NADA! Great job, great conference, great friends, really good food for a conference believe it or not. Thank you.

shoveltrash
06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
another big *THANK YOU* for all your hard work. what a fantastic show, and a great experience!
I came home very inspired - by all the phenomenal fish I saw, the excellent speakers, AND the wonderful people I met :).
fantastic job guys!

BOBT00LS
06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
What more can be said about the NADA 2012 Show ? Larry and Chad did an absolutely amazing job. It was well organized. the show fish displays were attractive and the all star lineup of guest speakers among the best there are. They went above and beyond any expectations I may have had way back in 2010 when this show was just being considered. Thank You Larry and Chad as well as all the others involved that I did not single out. You certainly set the bar high for 2014.

Bob

JamesP
06-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Like all before me have said. Atlanta was great and the effort and planning by the boys down south is greatly appreciated. Chad and Larry I hope you recover soon and all who helped on the floor and behind the scenes were great. Mrs. Bugg thanks to helping with the bar issues : ) I can't imagine how tired you are and I just got home at 5:30 this morning from my most excellent adventure to Atlanta. It was a long 2400 miles round trip. But worth every single one thanks to all of you and everyone I met down there. Can't wait for the next one.

JenTN
06-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Everything went off without a hitch (or so it seemed, which is quite a feat for an event like this). Everything totally exceeded my expectations from the moment I walked into the showroom. Even the goody bag had me tickled pink, I had to rifle through it as soon as I got to my room :-) You guys did a ton of work so we could have a ton of fun and it is really appreciated. Thanks to all of the "blue shirt" guys too that I had to keep bugging with questions :)

Chad Adams
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
To all,

This is very kind of you to say & it is very appreciated. It was a priviledge to be a part of such a wonderful team that was willing to bust their butts doing whatever it takes.
It was a great time and I look forward to doing again real soon.

Heartfelt Thanks,

Chad

yim11
07-03-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't recall ever working with a more dedicated, professional, and wonderful group of people in my life. Larry and Chad were the anchors, they made the show. The team they assembled to help could not have been or done better. There was no way the show could have been done with out great folks like Kraig and the stands, Jimmy fit right in with the GA guys and worked just as hard if not harder! Nicholson may not admit it, but he was seen (and there are pics) of him playing a big role to make sure things were set up and ready to go. Matt made sure we had amazing pics and a wonderful presentation. Our sponsors and vendors help make it happen, the speakers couldn't have been better, I could go on for another page of how great everyone was - but for me, it's all the great folks that we get to meet that make it incredible. From friends I see at every fish show to the new close friends I made in Atlanta, that's what makes it all worth it to me. As long as we always have that great group of folks getting together I'll make sure I help NADA put 110% into making it happen.

Thanks everyone!!!!
-jim