PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Endorsements NADA

Lenin
06-25-2012, 09:51 AM
So I have a question, couldn't go this year, so I'm looking at the pics, and the videos and I'm wondering, what equipment brands does NADA trust, any sponsors that gave or reduce prices for the equipment event, want to know if NADA endorses any particular brand, I believe that NADA's endorsement of a product is worth a lot even for people that don't do Discus, like we know one of the main weakness of any aquarium are heaters and when I'm looking at the tanks each tank has it's own, so who does NADA trust?

Skip
06-25-2012, 11:28 AM
ask buggman or sabres1.. they dealt that that..

cobalt flake foods was there..

yim11
06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
We trust our generous sponsors and donors! :)

Like Skip mentioned, Larry or Chad can give more detail on the heaters as they dealt with that, they can also comment on the blowers and filters used.

We trusted and endorsed UPG (United Pet Group) for our tanks. They sold very quickly after the show.

Larry Bugg
06-25-2012, 03:52 PM
NADA doesn't officially endorse products. As Jim pointed out we do trust our generous Sponsors and Donors. The Show would not have been possible without them. Since your question seems to specifically deal with the equipment used at the Show I will try to list what we had.

TANKS
The tanks were 20 gallon standard and 20 gallon X High provided by United Pet Group and Southeast Pets. The 20 XH were sent by mistake (planned 20H) but I think they ended up adding a real nice look.

HEATERS
The heaters came from Won Brothers. It is their labeled brand. I have used these heaters for a number of years and they came in at the lowest price.

SPONGE FILTERS
These were donated by David Labelle from Angelfish USA. They are his branded filters that you can purchase from his website.

BLOWER
Jehmco donated the Regenerative Blower. It is their branded product.

LizStreithorst
06-25-2012, 04:09 PM
The "mistake" tanks were great despite the fact that when they arrived they 'bout gave you a heart attack.

I will contact David and Jhemco myself to thank them for donating. People who donate stuff do it out of the kindness of their hearts and need to be given special thanks.

Skip
06-25-2012, 04:10 PM
that pump was AWESOME!!!!!!

xxbenjamminxx
06-25-2012, 04:10 PM
People who donate stuff do it out of the kindness of their hearts and need to be given special thanks.

+1 Wish I could have made it.

LizStreithorst
06-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Try to make it in 2014, BenjaminXX. It is so very much worth the cost involved. I know that it was way far for you this time. Perhaps it will be closer next time. Truth is, once you've been to one you won't skip another. We Discus fanatics are so few and far between. Every two years we all converge. The experience of it is worth more than money.

The Jhemco regeneritive blower was quiet and ofcourse worked flawlessly. It wasn't an inexpensive piece of equipment either. I thank them here and I'll email them to thank them personally.

Willie
06-25-2012, 04:36 PM
+1 Wish I could have made it.

We had at least three from the Twin Cities, so someone was probably driving past your place to Atlanta.

Willie

Skip
06-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Try to make it in 2014, BenjaminXX. It is so very much worth the cost involved. I know that it was way far for you this time. Perhaps it will be closer next time. Truth is, once you've been to one you won't skip another. We Discus fanatics are so few and far between. Every two years we all converge. The experience of it is worth more than money.

VERY TRUE!! i can not explain you the feeling of this experience! its changed my discus mentality!!

The Jhemco regeneritive blower was quiet and ofcourse worked flawlessly. It wasn't an inexpensive piece of equipment either. I thank them here and I'll email them to thank them personally.

the bubbles were louder then this thing.. i always forgot it was there until i walked by it :)

JenTN
06-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Totally worth it Benjamin, if nothing else to confirm that Liz is soooooo mean :p:p:p:p

LizStreithorst
06-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Don't go and blow my cover, Jen. I prefer to be top b1tch.

Same with me Skip on the blower. We had bubbles galore and the dang thing was quiet. I didn't know until now that it was donated. I wrote them and thanked them.

JenTN
06-25-2012, 05:35 PM

Same with me Skip on the blower. We had bubbles galore and the dang thing was quiet. I didn't know until now that it was donated. I wrote them and thanked them.

I put wrong smiley in...it was supposed to be :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Second Hand Pat
06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
...I prefer to be top b1tch. ....

Liz, I didn't see this at all. I did see a person who is totally dedicated to her fish however.

DiscusDrew
06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I truly wish I had the priviledge of meeting you all there, let alone seeing the fish and meeting and hearing the main speakers. You all have been such a wonderful group and it truly is a small close knit community. Hopefully the next show isnt at the exact other side of the nation for me in 2014 and I will make sure that regardless I plan for it by plane, by boat, by scooter, or by car, whatever is necessary. Im glad to hear everyone had an amazing time, and thank you to all the sponsors as well as those of you who have taken the time to post pictures and allowed us to enjoy the experience with you. Thanks again to everyone and I look forward to meeting all you wonderful people in 2014!!

nwehrman
06-25-2012, 09:01 PM

That was a really nice blower!

Liz -- Skip took three of your homebreds home with him! He just couldn't hold out from buying anymore.

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LizStreithorst
06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
I know. He pm'd me that he bought them at the auction. Moon got the last of my Half Black Lace Angels. It worked out well.

That was a really nice blower!

Liz -- Skip took three of your homebreds home with him! He just couldn't hold out from buying anymore.

Nicole

JamesP
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
We had at least three from the Twin Cities, so someone was probably driving past your place to Atlanta.

Willie
Agreed, I could have used a new right foot because after a while I forgot there was a brake pedal. Ended up being just over 2400 miles.

JenTN
06-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I know. He pm'd me that he bought them at the auction. Moon got the last of my Half Black Lace Angels. It worked out well.

Cant wait to see em grow out!

Skip
06-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Cant wait to see em grow out!

What?!?! they will grow out more!?

nwehrman
06-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Agreed, I could have used a new right foot because after a while I forgot there was a brake pedal. Ended up being just over 2400 miles.

That's alot of driving... Glad you made it safely. Can not wait to see more of your heckel crosses.

Nicole

Discus-n00b
06-26-2012, 03:04 AM
Might I add, those "mistake" 20 extra highs turned out to be amazing. I'd recommend them for future shows personally. They showed the fish better IMO, and they are amazing photography tanks. I picked up two myself.