PDA

View Full Version : where are all the fry for sell?

MrYin
07-07-2012, 01:10 AM
hey everyone. ive been waiting for someone to sell some fry. is anyone not having any spawns....tiz the season of birds and bees

Harry Marsh
07-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm often surprised as well that there aren't more fry for sale

But it's probably a testament to how much work they are to raise to sellable size

Getting eggs is one thing
Getting wigglers is another
Attachment? Difficult.
Raising to a size large enough to remove form parents? Lot of work. You'll hate brine shrimp, water changes and everything.
There are 50 steps that give you room to kill those poor babies

Every time I think about it....I wonder why I do it. If I had a 9 to 5 job, it wouldn't happen

rdiscus
07-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I sell all fry local ... haven't ship yet ...

DonMD
07-07-2012, 10:22 AM
How young do you want them? I just saw some 2-inch fish on Kenny's site for $18 ea. You could also call Hans and ask him what the smallest fish he has. Both would be happy to talk with you and mail you fish. Just a thought.

JenTN
07-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Shipping has been no bueno for me. I have fry, but not for shipping yet. Havent really advertised yet as I have around 30 sellable fry and growing them out some.

Carolina discus
07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I have some small (almost quarter size) blue SS and Blue turquoise...just havent posted them yet in my sponser section....
I can ship fed ex....
PM me if your interetsed and let me know how many and we will work something out

Chicago Discus
07-07-2012, 01:48 PM
I also have some quarter size blue pigeon bloods and fire reds that I have not posted I also do FedEx or Airport to Airport. if interested PM me $20 each buy five get one free........Josie

MrYin
07-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I have some small (almost quarter size) blue SS and Blue turquoise...just havent posted them yet in my sponser section....
I can ship fed ex....
PM me if your interetsed and let me know how many and we will work something out

Pm sent

MrYin
07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Shipping has been no bueno for me. I have fry, but not for shipping yet. Havent really advertised yet as I have around 30 sellable fry and growing them out some.

I really wanted some of those cobalts

MrYin
07-07-2012, 03:11 PM
How young do you want them? I just saw some 2-inch fish on Kenny's site for $18 ea. You could also call Hans and ask him what the smallest fish he has. Both would be happy to talk with you and mail you fish. Just a thought.

I emailed Kenny this morning but haven't contacted Hans yet

JenTN
07-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I really wanted some of those cobalts

The pair came from Hans, so if you like the look of them I'd give him a call.

TURQ64
07-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I have a standing ad running here for fry/juvies from Stendker parents..Seems mostly no one is committing to spending the cash.Must be the high cost of shipping now, 'cuz young, quality Discus are around here and there routinely...No one is hardly buying Angels, Rams, and shrimp either...just sayin'

terps
07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
I have a standing ad running here for fry/juvies from Stendker parents..Seems mostly no one is committing to spending the cash.Must be the high cost of shipping now, 'cuz young, quality Discus are around here and there routinely...No one is hardly buying Angels, Rams, and shrimp either...just sayin'

Shipping costs is a killer. Plus times are tough during the Obama depression. People are worried about losing their jobs/pensions/health care and paying the rent/mortgage. Also, many young people are straddled with huge student loan debt. So buying discus or any fish, with expensive freight is not an option right now for many.

Altum Nut
07-08-2012, 01:31 PM
It appears we are having the same issue here across the border. However, i find that summer seems slow as people are at the cottage or just spending much of thier time outdoors and do not want to commit. I always see things pick-up in the fall as are winters are mainly spent indoors having more devoted time for our hobby.
Just a thought.
...Ralph

Keith Perkins
07-08-2012, 03:54 PM
It appears we are having the same issue here across the border. However, i find that summer seems slow as people are at the cottage or just spending much of thier time outdoors and do not want to commit. I always see things pick-up in the fall as are winters are mainly spent indoors having more devoted time for our hobby.
Just a thought.
...Ralph

+1 All the O'bama recession stuff doesn't help either, but summers are always the worst.

mmorris
07-08-2012, 09:06 PM
I have blue turqs that are just now ready for sale at 2 inches, and red turqs will be ready in a few weeks. $18, or $16 each for 10 or more. I ship fedex priority overnight. I have an older thread buried down below for pics, and the pairs keep on producing.
Martha

MrYin
07-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I have blue turqs that are just now ready for sale at 2 inches, and red turqs will be ready in a few weeks. $18, or $16 each for 10 or more. I ship fedex priority overnight. I have an older thread buried down below for pics, and the pairs keep on producing.
Martha

thanks for posting but i just preordered today with kenny. got 10 fish coming. awesome guy to chat with too. maybe we can do business in the future martha

mmorris
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Sounds good. I'm sure you have some beautiful fish coming. :)