PDA

View Full Version : THE SEMI NEW GUY ...TAKE A LOOK

JEDIMIND84
07-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Right now i have 5 discus in a 65 gallon tank they are about 4 inch about 6 months old i am feeding them frozen beef heart . Useing a Marineland Penguin BIO-Wheel Power Filter. Bare bottom change the water daily . I am some what new learning on the fly but i was wondering if there is anything else i can do to make them grow faster . p.h is about 7.2 temp is 84 . is there one filter better then others. i see alot of people use the sponge filters. Thanks for your input

scrappinjaime
07-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Just curious, but why are you in a hurry for them to grow so fast. :)

JEDIMIND84
07-25-2012, 01:41 AM
well i was told they stop growing after a year or so . Also i see people talking about about pro growth mix ..... so i figure there was a way for them to grow faster .... just wondering

Orange Crush
07-25-2012, 01:46 AM
The best way is to do large daily water changes because it is hard to devote all their energy to growing and being healthy if they are stressed from less than ideal water conditions. Also, make sure to feed a high quality variety of foods.

Orange Crush
07-25-2012, 01:48 AM
well i was told they stop growing after a year or so . Also i see people talking about about pro growth mix ..... so i figure there was a way for them to grow faster .... just wondering
It is not so much about making them grow faster but preventing them from growing slower.

Brent1972
07-25-2012, 03:38 AM

Loads of clean water & food , They wont stop growing after a year they do slow down though.

JEDIMIND84
07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
sounds good guys thanks ...